Gil <3 Cath #25: PureJoy--Rub-A-Dub-Dub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Gil <3 Cath #25: PureJoy--Rub-A-Dub-Dub, Two CSIs In

I know I have the same worry E. I'm afraid we won't see G/C paired together in the pics. I suspect it will be G/S.

I too am not looking forward to the S7 promos. I think we're not the only ones. Since T_TB drove this huge wedge into their fanbase, I'm suspecting they too aren't confident that the promo pics will do them any good. And that might explain the delay. Weren't the S6 promo pics out by this time last year already?

Hmm i want to see the promo pics to see what they do. They cant delay them for too much longer, cos they need the pics to try and get their ratings up.

Im kinda thinking that they havent done them yet because might want to release them to coincide (sp?)with WP return to CSI, so they can be like 'the return of csi' or something.

Im kinda thinking too that G/C will feature heavily in the promos, not only because they are the leads of the show but also because they've been using G/C to sell the video promos even if in reality G/C has only been in one scene. They know G/C sells, so I think they'll use them for the promo pics :D

I'd be surprised if they didn't put GC in the promos. They know what sells, and they've proven that by making a lot of their previews GC heavy and promos for episodes GC heavy.

That being said, they do have their moronic moments...

I think T_TB is evil that way. (sigh) I don't know..I like the promos, because although it may be deceiving sometimes, usually it's an accurate reflection of what is going to happen on the show. If we get many G/C promo pictures, then the episode does include at least a minute of G/C (which is better than most of what we've been getting this season), and if we get promos with the canon ship, then...G/C? Not so much. :lol:

^ That's interesting, you know. I always think the same, but the latest episode, Loco Motive, wasn't that way. I have no idea what was in the previews showed on TV since I live in neither the States nor Canada. I did see the promo stills and most of them were of Grissom with Sara. You'd expect to see a lot of GSR in this episode, but it turned out that there were only three scenes shared by them and there actually weren't shippy moments in these scenes (or there were, you decide). On the other hand, there were just a couple of C/G scenes, but you saw them content with one another, romantic or not. So, do episode promos really reflect what's in the episode? I don't know anymore. Me = confused. :lol:

Another season 6 cast promo to refresh your memories of the good ol' days. ;)

Mmmm. Man, that's a yummy photo.

Grissom! Catherine! This is a PG-13 BOARD!

Ah the good ol' days. lol everytime I see the CTV promo of cath and gil, I get all happy and nostalgic.

As for promo pics...meh, whatever. What will be will be. I've decided that I'm going to abstain from spoilers and promos this season...everything is either spoiled because I know too much or because I was being misled.

Hey, I just thought of something about Sam when I was reading the above posts. Gil may have disliked Sam, but towards the end of s6, he seemed to warm up to him. Remember the "Say hi to Sam" thing in Spellbound?
I have a theory about this thaw. Gil realized that Sam was only trying to look out for Catherine and they called a truce because they realized that they had a mutual concern for Catherine (and Lindsey).

Sorry if its off topic, but I like Sam.

ITA woth u, Anne.
Those photos are aboce the PG-13 rule. LOOK AT THEM.
He's like "Gosh, I hate this thing. Let's get away".
And she's like "Gil, not now".

:lol:

That's a good point, 27dayz. I always thought it was strange that Gil starts hating Sam and then all of a sudden he warms up between them.

I always wondered, like you, if both of them realised that they had a mutual concern and affection for Catherine. In fact, I wonder if dear old dad knew about Gil and Catherine's feelings for each other, which provided his first hesitation to the idea.

^ Methinks dear old Dad knew something that perhaps even both Catherine and Gil didn't know about themselves - their feelings for each other. Sam was an elder, experienced man who had seen a lot in his life. I doubt anything would escape from his eyes. ;)

I so agree with this post. I think that's one of the reasons Sam disliked Gil. He wanted to, in his mind, protect his little girl. Because the two of them were so at odds, he'd see Grissom as someone who'd be bad for his little girl. Not someone who would be good for her. Which we all know Grissom is. :)

Fathers! :rolleyes: No guy is ever good enough for their daughter. But he was right with Chris Bezich though. I loved his line about Chris not impressing Cath.

Did any of you think there had been some conversation between Cath and Gil about Sam between No More Bets and Kiss Kiss Bye Bye? As much as in the former Gil was opposed to Cath being on a case even remotely linked to Sam, in the latter, he practically asked her to deal with her father's possible involvement in the murder.

I love the possibility that there's a lot going on off screen between the two. I was just looking at the screen caps of the G/C/S scene in Loco Motives, focussing on Cath's expression... and Gil's too. It struck me that maybe, Cath's grim look in that moment is not just her knowing about what's going on, but her having already talked about it with Gil.

I really think, in that scene, that it shows the viewers, and perhaps Sara, that Grissom and Catherine have something that no one can touch. They're just at a place with each other that no one else can get to, and what they mean to each other is something that no one else can replace.

As for a conversation between Cath and Gil about Sam, I'd be willing to bet on it. I think 90% of what goes on behind the scenes between the two characters feeds into the 10% we actually see.

ITA Anne. As I said after Loco Motive was aired, there's something Catherine and Gil have that other people can neither figure out nor have with either of them. It's one's own decision to take it romantic or not, but it's a fact that no one can deny.

I absolutely agree that in the writers' minds, something had been done by Gil and Sam behind the scenes and they had reached some kind of agreement. Otherwise Gil wouldn't have become friendly with Sam all in a sudden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back