Gil <3 Cath #25: PureJoy--Rub-A-Dub-Dub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Gil <3 Cath #25: PureJoy--Rub-A-Dub-Dub, Two CSIs In

ITA E.
Love it mainly because tehre's a lot of GC without Cath and Gil being in the same room.
That's what it's all about, at the end, isn't it? The ability of being TOGETHER not being really in the same place.
Call it chemistry, call it whatever you want, it's just there.
In season 5 there's a lot of this thing, I believe.
Because T_TB had already started their massive destruction action, trying to break them apart, but they still couldn't delete what was obviously there.

This is my take on Mea Culpa
at the end when he goes to give her the pig she is smiling
they both know it's hard not to be a team but secretly he is happy for her that she made supervisor, It's what she wanted,
and I told Erica this, that he never stopped smiling at her :)
just makes you go...HHHMMMM :devil: ;)

I think we've got some people confused here.
Mea Culpa is the episode where the team gets split up at the end. Gil, Warrick & Nick have coffee at a cafe at the very end.

The "Piggy" scene is the next episode No Humans involved. I still think Gil heard that Cath had to discipline Warrick earlier and came to give his support.

Ouch, right. -_-
Those eps are a bit confused in my mind, considering I watched them just once.

Btw, yeah, now I kinda have a clearer idea on Mea Culpa.
It was the one were Cath talked to Ecklie.
I dunno, I know lots f people who say that, watching that scenes, it's like Cath's betraying Gil.
On the contrary, I see it as a very protective attitude of her, towards Gil.

Catherine was very protective of Gil in Mea Culpa. You see it first when she's talking to Sofia, then when she's talking to Ecklie she almost tries too hard to cover for Gil:
CATH: Gil doesn't micro-manage. We know what needs to be done. I photo-documented the scene, I collected blood evidence, and I brought the charred newspaper to trace.
CONRAD: In the analysis phase, did Grissom review your reports with you?
CATH: Are you asking if he performed a supervisory review?
CONRAD: It's policy.
CATH: He must have. I'm sure he did. ...... Are you doing all this for the sake of the lab or to indict Grissom?

I get confused myself on some of the episodes I don't re-watch very often. I usually go to this transcript site to refresh my memory.

kaylyne
you are right!
I did get the episodes mixed up!
It was No Humans Involved not Mea Culpa I realized this after I posted :eek:

I have only seen each of those episodes once and I got them mixed up :eek:

and I do think Cath was defending Gil in her interview with Ecklie about Gil's leadership

Thanks for linking us to that website. I know that when I write I want my stuff to be "correct". I'm always searching around the 'net for references. I really, really appreciate this site.

Back on topic:

Where is Miss Piggy now? Does Cath still have an office or was it returned to Gil?

^Cath still has an office and I'm pretty sure she still has it...maybe not since she does have to share it with dayshift...

Okay totally wanting to be OT I was watching this TV quotes show on TV land a few days ago and they were doing the quote 'I'm not a doctor but I play one on TV' (which totally made me think of Gil) but they had the guy who plays Hodges on there and he was like 'I'm not an Ahole but I play one on TV.' Really funny.

And just to tie that into the GCness of it all I remembered that one time where Cath and Warrick were flirting and he said 'Hey you're married' what if he wasn't saying it to Warrick?

:-O Scandal! (I'm in a random mood)

NEW TOPIC!
The newest ep isn't going to be on until the 4th in the states right?

hehehe <3

Eek. I didn't mean to mix everyone up, but yes I meant Mea Culpa. They really stood up for each other without actually being in the same scene together. That's a great example of my meaning when I say that they don't need to be in ascen together to be shippy.

xitalianxromanc, I'm working...oh hey! I finished it. Wow. I didn't know that. Hah. Funny. Now I just need a title. But I have done that one :D

Mea Culpa...ITA with all the posts. It was the best episode for off-screen G/C chemistry. They cover for each other (also reminds me of Evaluation Day, I believe it was. Might have been something else when they were evaluating Gil and she said you better give him perfect or something like that). Their friendship really shows through that and Billy and Marg act that wonderfully, which I think comes with them being the such good friends that they are.

Mea Culpa is teh angst. Love that episode.

Ah, Mea Cupla, hated the split but loved all the GC. They had shared scenes but as many had mentioned, there's also lots of GC in scenes that only had either gil or cath. My favourites are the cath/sofia and gil/ecklie/sofia scenes. Their care and protectiveness of each other were so obvious and those scenes proved once again that they don't even have to be in the same scene to have chemistry (that's if they are allowed to do their thing of course. ;))

OT: I'm busy with a holiday job now, so I'm being kept away again :mad: but I'll still pop in once in a while :D Happy Holidays!

rebec said:
Ah, Mea Cupla, hated the split but loved all the GC. They had shared scenes but as many had mentioned, there's also lots of GC in scenes that only had either gil or cath. My favourites are the cath/sofia and gil/ecklie/sofia scenes. Their care and protectiveness of each other were so obvious and those scenes proved once again that they don't even have to be in the same scene to have chemistry (that's if they are allowed to do their thing of course. ;))

OT: I'm busy with a holiday job now, so I'm being kept away again :mad: but I'll still pop in once in a while :D Happy Holidays!

We'll look forward to seeing you, rebec :)

I was just watching Committed again, and I reread my fic Used to You the other day (yes I'm strange like that), but i wonder what Gil's reaction would have been had it been Catherine in that room with the murderer.

I think he'd do just the same thing. In fact, he'd do the exact thing had it been any of his team members because all of them are very important to him and he wouldn't let any one of them get hurt, or even killed. The one thing that would be different would be his reaction after... and behind the scenes. ;)

One thing that would be different, if it would have been Catherine - there would have been another hug! But I agree with E that Gil would have acted the same if it were anyone on his team.

I'm thinking that if it had been Catherine on that case instead of Sara, Cath might have been a little more aware of her surroundings and made sure not to be caught alone at anytime. Sara said her mother was sent to a place like that -- "It looked the same, it smelled the same. It smelled like lies." -- so I'm guessing she's had a little experience being around that atmosphere and that might have caused her to let her guard down a little bit.

I agree with both of you Erica and kaylyne
had Catherine been there, she would probably have been more vocal about security and stuff like that
Sara did say her mother was in 'a place like that' to quote you kaylyne :D
and a hug between Gil and Cath probably instead of what Sara did when she went straight past Grissom ( I got the episode right this time ;) )

Like in Grissom vs the Volcano when the residual bomb kept exploding and how Gil immediatly covered Catherine
and yes Erica I believe he would have done that ( gone to protect) all of his co-workers too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back