Gil <3 Cath #25: PureJoy--Rub-A-Dub-Dub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Gil <3 Cath #25: PureJoy--Rub-A-Dub-Dub, Two CSIs In

You know I guess many of us do get the whole Gil/Cath ship mixed up with the Billy/Marg thing, and it's really easy to get that confused especially if it's a younger fan like me, but I know better now :p It doesn't bother me as much as it would bother a lot of you, but I guess I just don't float that way anymore, if that makes sense. :p

No More Bets? Teehee. I think that's really my type of episode: the angst, and it's all GC. What's not to like? Sam and Gil do share the fact that they both care about Catherine although it may not seem to her that they do care about her at certain points. She only learned that Sam had her back too after he died, and I hope it's not too late when she figures out that Gil had always had her back as well.

GraveyardIntern said:
She only learned that Sam had her back too after he died, and I hope it's not too late when she figures out that Gil had always had her back as well.
For me it's the other way around. I hope that Gil realizes that Cath always has his back, especially in light of the way things are these days - Gil being burned out, tired and frustrated.

Kaylyne that's very true, but I guess I just wanted to make the connection with After the Show. :p :lol: But I think that's an excellent point. Does Gil know that Catherine has his back too? Hmmmm

^ ITA. I think Catherine realized Gil always has her back when he told her that in After the Show. I think now he's the one who needs to know that his other half always has his back, too.

I think Gil does know that Catherine will have his back. To the point of killing for him. Remember Strip Strangler? He continues to open up to her, as we saw in Loco Motives, and that's a great sign of trust. It isn't due to the fact that they've known each other for 20+ years - you could know your neighbour for 20+ years and still not trust your neighbour the way Gil, an extremely private person, trusts Catherine with his personal thoughts and feelings. So for me, without a doubt, Gil knows that Catherine will have his back.

The dilemma for Gil who is going through his mid-life crisis, is how much to reveal to Catherine about his "affair" with a co-worker. Catherine likely has sussed that out already. But she knows how to hold her tongue and give him space. The problem is on his end. I don't think Gil has fully come to terms with what he has done, or successfully battled the demons that drove him to it. Which is why the Sabbatical is important.

Outside of the characters, Gil's sabbatical will provide the writers with room to rethink their characterisation of Grissom. Who is this man? Has he managed to recover his soul? Let's see what the writers are coming up with.

But don't be too optimistic. They aren't playwrights, and Billy P knows that. Have you heard his interview on the play and why he loves the theatre so much as opposed to television?

I think it's interesting how they alway watch out for each other. Catherine always watches out for him, not only for his personal wellbeing, but also his professional well-being, particularly in the politics of his job, which we all know is something he's not very good at. She's also good at being his "speaker" or his "explainer" in that she can understand what he's babbling on about even if everyone else is clueless. She manages to cover up his hearing loss from the kiddies in Inside the Box, and she constantly reminds him that he's created a family around him - not just a working team.

She takes care of him to make sure he eats, sleeps, drinks on a fairly normal schedule, and when he's not functioning properly she knows - and she knows that something's not right and she needs to coax it out from him so that she can help him fix it.

Drumchik said:
She's also good at being his "speaker" or his "explainer" in that she can understand what he's babbling on about even if everyone else is clueless.
The scene that comes to mind foremost to emphasise that point is in Boom:
GRISSOM: If it's not growing pick it up. We cart everything we find back to the lab.
SARA: And then what?
GRISSOM: Stay curious.
(Grissom leaves. Sara & Warrick turn to Catherine)
SARA: Can you fill in the blanks?
CATH: Bombs explode. Weird thing is their components survive the explosion. If we can piece together this bomb, we're closer to finding who did this. So, Warrick, when you're photographing this debris can you, uh ... ?
WARRICK: Uh, I know -- looky-loos.

Exactly, It's the same when they want something, or need something from him. They ask Catherine to be the intermediary.

There was that one episode, and I forget what it was, but Sara wanted Catherine to ask Grissom something for her, and Catherine said something like: "Why me" and Sara just kind of looked at her.

Oh yeah. Which one was that? Sara was maxed out on overtime and wanted Cath to talk to Grissom to see if she could get him to allow her to work anyway. I think it was High & Low where Cath was trying to piece the sections of tree branches together.

^ High and Low. :lol: I like that episode. Even Sara knows that Catherine is the one that knows Grissom best (not that I'm saying anything bad about the other ship!) :p

Now they just need to get together. :lol: Damn T_TB.

That was it! I found that really, really funny.

And never mind, Gravy. I'm sure TPTB will see the light. Soon.

:D

TPTB couldn't see the light even if the sun fell in front of their faces.

One scene that I thought was very strange was in Table Stakes. Why was Catherine the one that called Sara in and told Warrick to go to the new crime scene? Gil was on that case and would have been the senior supervisor. It should have been his responsibility. How did he convince Cath to do his dirty work, I wonder?

kaylyne said:
TPTB couldn't see the light even if the sun fell in front of their faces.

One scene that I thought was very strange was in Table Stakes. Why was Catherine the one that called Sara in and told Warrick to go to the new crime scene? Gil was on that case and would have been the senior supervisor. It should have been his responsibility. How did he convince Cath to do his dirty work, I wonder?

In a dirty way, I'm sure ;) :devil:

Hahaha. Hopefully I can stay the optimist I used to be, Anne. :lol:

I think she was probably being the middlewoman here again. She's the mediator between Gil and the team, but...that went out the door after season 6. :p Haven't seen some of that goodness in a while.

Drumchik said:
I think it's interesting how they alway watch out for each other. Catherine always watches out for him, not only for his personal wellbeing, but also his professional well-being, particularly in the politics of his job, which we all know is something he's not very good at. She's also good at being his "speaker" or his "explainer" in that she can understand what he's babbling on about even if everyone else is clueless. She manages to cover up his hearing loss from the kiddies in Inside the Box, and she constantly reminds him that he's created a family around him - not just a working team.

She takes care of him to make sure he eats, sleeps, drinks on a fairly normal schedule, and when he's not functioning properly she knows - and she knows that something's not right and she needs to coax it out from him so that she can help him fix it.
That, dears, is not called friendship. It's called L-O-V-E. In its purest and most enduring form. The kind that Grissom the loner most appreciates because it is not demanding, it is sensitive to his needs and respectful of the person that he is.

Perhaps our man is waking up to that fact, from that scene in Happenstance where Catherine asks him what had happened to the Gil she knew (the hooves, horses and zebras speech) to their interrupted conversation in Loco Motives.

In Happenstance, when she asked him that question, he didn't give a verbal reply, but looked like what she said had an impact on him. In Loco Motives, he opened up. Was he rediscovering something he had been missing without quite realising it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back