Gil <3 Cath #25: PureJoy--Rub-A-Dub-Dub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Gil <3 Cath #25: PureJoy--Rub-A-Dub-Dub, Two CSIs In

^^Ditto!

I loved the team interactions and the friendly banter the characters used to have. We also got to see great interactions between G/C/B, G/C/doc, G/C/greg, sigh....I really miss those scenes. The team used to be bonded like a family, mom dad and the kids, now they are just like normal colleagues who don't seem to interact out of work.

I've noticed something, correct me if I'm wrong, T_TB seemed to have kept up cath's interactions with the other team members like greg, brass etc but have either killed off or mutated gil's interactions with others except for one particular person. Clearly, being subtle is what they only claim to be.

rebec WB!!! :) Yeah juggling between Christmas shopping and work and net eats up our time, hehe.
What is wrong with Gil that Cath notices in the ep?
Cath was telling Gil what happened to Max (the cement guy in the Youtube vid). Cath was telling his story while laughing and Gil was like staring into space and he was kind of on a different plane and Cath noticed it. She said "Are you ok?" "You're tired", Gil replied "I am." :D She noticed it, he admitted without batting an eyelash. That's what I like about these two.. they don't live on cryptic messages, snark and sarcasm.. they're direct with each other.

EricaSJ said:
ren28 said:
Now why couldn't they have let Gil work the case with Cath?
LOL ren, isn't the reason obvious enough? :D

ren28 said:
It was good too that T_TB kept to the fact that Catherine is the only one who can read Gil accurately, and that she's the only one Gil lets into his private world and the only one to whom he allows himself to show any sign of weakness. That was, for me, the best part of the show. Plus the fact that in her company, Gil perks up and finds humour in life.
ITA. I'm really glad that they kept this. Again, it showed that Catherine's place in Gil's life is irreplaceable and that what she and Gil have is something really special and precious. Something others can't have with Gil. Sigh. What'd he do without her? ;)
ITA!

ah, the ever suffering but always undeniable brief moments where chemistry exists. t_tb try to eliminate them but it isn't working.

and very appropriate that cath notices something is wrong with gil. maybe she will do something about it like she did when she found out about his hearing and his surgery. we do know she was right there for him when no one else was.

coolcatz said:
and very appropriate that cath notices something is wrong with gil. maybe she will do something about it like she did when she found out about his hearing and his surgery. we do know she was right there for him when no one else was.
Oh I really hope so. coolc, that last sentence was so right. They always have one another's back. It's a great thing that TPTB remembered and used it in Loco Motive, but then again, I'm not staying optimistic. LOL.

OK. Very limited optimism here. Like Anne said, all the eps we're seeing were written and filmed several weeks back, probably when the ratings were hitting new lows.

(Now, for those who would be fool enough to counter that T_TB don't care for ratings, I think George Eads' off-handed comment on the Early Show about the ratings nosediving bears remembering.)

Well, coming back to the filming schedule, this means that T_TB have little room for manoeuvre now that they need to address the problem of serious viewer discontent. Obviously they realise how attached viewers are to the Gil & Catherine pairing, however one might colour that relationship. If not, they wouldn't be putting it front and centre in their promos since Happenstance, although they've only a couple of them on the show, if at all.

That is their dilemma: they need GC, but they haven't written - nor filmed - enough GC to carry the show fully. So they are still not able to bring back those like us who are wary of their (mostly) empty promises.

For CBS, being #1 is obviously important. So I think they'll still fight to get back there and beat the competition flat. But until Billy Petersen comes back from his play, there isn't a whole lot they can do about their large numbers of disappointed fans.

For this reason, I was cautiously encouraged to see that Catherine is recovering the role she had in Gil's life. At one point, it seemed like T_TB were giving her lines and her role away to you-know-who. So her being able to make him laugh, and her sussing how he was feeling in Loco Motives were for me all good. :D

Firstly, rebec, I completely agree with you on what you said regarding interactions between Catherine and the team and Grissom and the team. One is returning, one is non-existent.

I think it's impossible for anyone to deny that Grissom and Catherine have a history together. Whether it be romantic or not, it's something that's been established as canon. And because of that history, it's been seen as a bit of a threat.

Now, because Grissom and Catherine have this history, and because Billy and Marg have this fantastic onscreen natural chemistry, it's something that's very hard for TPTB to shove under the radar. The only way they've been succeeding is by limiting the amount of onscreen time the two spend together.

That being said, this last episode has proven that the second you put the two of them onscreen together, you don't have to rebuild that chemistry. It's there. It's always going to be there, and unless Billy or Marg leaves the show, it's there.

I'm content in the fact that even if they never share a scene together again, which we know is NEVER going to happen, that chemistry is always there. It's there when they mention each other's names, and when it's nothing but a passing glance. It's always there, and no matter what TPTB do, they can't kill it.

If they never let marg and billy shoot another scene together, T_TB know that CSI will go down the tube.

Loco-motives was actually a highlight for me. The fact that it started with Catherine and Gil killing themselves laughing at Max had something to do with this. The last time I remember seeing that smirk on Gilbert's face was back in s5 with King Baby and the tush line. It was so refreshing. And it got better. True the mini murder was kinda flat and at first I really couldn't care less about Nick and Warrick's case, but it got better when the max and the old woman's murder were connected.

And then of course, Max's case was a joke and Catherine was again laughing in Gil's presence.

"I'm sorry. It's horrible. But it's so funny. It's horrible...and funny."

And even I must applaud T_TB for allowing Catherine to aknowledge that something's off about Gil. Only she could notice and pull it off. Notice that a certain someone hasn't noticed something amiss about our favorite supervisor.

Which brings me to my next point. When was the last time we've seen Catherine, Gil, and Sara in the same scene? Call me crazy, but there was tension in the room when Sara walked in. (Which could be morphed into a great fanfic)

The confession at the end on the webcam seemed to suit both Gil and the murderer. They both distance themselves from people because they could get hurt by those they trust. Perhaps Gilbert fears this.

Maybe he should just turn to Cathy and she'll make sure he never gets hurt.

27dayz, just to let you know before the mods have to tell you, we're not allowed to talk about any other pairing other than GC :p Many of us have made that mistake, and apparently it's sort of...against board rules I guess. :p Just letting you know (but I definitely agree with you ;))

Cathy, Gilbert. Just a classic. Seriously. Absolutely loved that scene.

T_TB did do something smart for a change with Loco Motives, I gotta give you that. Needed a ratings boost badly. :p

It's ok GraveyardIntern to talk about other pairings in here as long as they relate to Catherine and Grissom and are not considered "bashing" of the other ship.

Okay. I just had like a mental break through the other day and realized I haven't been here in like forever...which is odd cause i usually went to all 3 GC sites when I first started up the internet...

Anyways enough about me more about the seemingly UBER GCness that we've been getting lately which seems odd but Oh so right! Also it's just awesome that everyone's been loosening up...well cept for Gil but I'm sure we'll get around that.

Are there any new rules I need to be aware of?

<3

Really? 1CSIMFan, I thought we weren't allowed to mention it at all. :p But all right, so we are allowed to mention it, but not under a bad light. ok. Thanks for clearing that up, dear mod. :)

GraveyardIntern said:
Really? 1CSIMFan, I thought we weren't allowed to mention it at all. :p But all right, so we are allowed to mention it, but not under a bad light. ok. Thanks for clearing that up, dear mod. :)

Whoa! I thought this was the rule too.

I remember once I did a comparision of the two main ships. It was non-bashing. Just a hey one's this way, one's the other and I was thoroughly mod-slapped. Its was the main reason I quit posting in this thread.

When did this rule change?

I guess it depends on the views of different mods, but what do I know? Anyway 1CSIMfan, thanks for clearing that up. :)

And welcome back Mercedes. Ya think it was uber GCness? LOL. To think we used to get this amount of GCness almost every episode in the early seasons, it's actually kind of sad. Methinks. :lol:

Erica...

You know what? Your icon and my icon should hook up. They'd make a wonderful couple.

EricaSJ said:
To think we used to get this amount of GCness almost every episode in the early seasons,
And more. Much more sometimes. See? T_TB have starved us so badly we're grateful for crumbs! LOL.

But yes, the recent few episodes have been improvements over the several where Gil and Cath weren't even allowed in the same space, or if they were, they couldn't make eye contact. So Cath getting Gil to finally smirk and smile, Cath getting Gil to open up about how he was feeling - that's a milestone.

But it's not enough. T_TB need to get Gil and Cath back together again, along with fully restored team dynamics. They have a lot to do to convince us that they're working to bring back the magic that was CSI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back