Gil <3 Cath #22: PureJoy - What Would He Do Without Her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Gil <3 Cath #22: PureJoy - What Would He Do WO her

kaylene, thanks again for the recap. you so rock for pulling all these.

the daddy scene. even though continuity was thrown out the window i really loved this scene. i think we all know grissom well enough to know that cath's reaction was what he would have wanted in that situation.

as for gcb, i think we've seen the last of it. that gil grissom is dead, replaced by some weird zombie monster (and not the kinds that goober loves)

*takes aloe* thanks e!!! hopefully lesson learned.

Thanks for the transcript kay, what would we do without you? :lol:

Loved the daddy scene too! Gil opening up to cath and wanting to tell her more, how sweet :)

Asking for GC and continuity seems to be too demanding for the current writers, so as long as it's GC I'll take it :D Anyway, I think their sense of continuity may be starting from the S6 season finale which is not the type of continuity I care for, so..... *shrugs*

One of my fav S6'scenes ! Griss looks so confident with her .
And you're right about the lack of continuity, Rebec : if, at least, they could forget the continuity from the finale scene ! for once, I'd be happy :lol:

:lol: If only, just for that one time they forget, give us a GC epi, find out later that the ratings soared like never before, bringing them to the well missed top notch spot for real (instead of them claiming it) and hopefully from then on they'll forget about the finale once and for all :D

If that happens, I promise I won't bug them too much for continuity anymore ;)

Ooo, I'm making optimistic speculations but the stronger pessimist in me has to come out and tell me I'm dreaming big time

*tries to shut out pessimistic voice in head*

rebec, don't shut out that voice,it keeps you sane. expect the worse and then you'll be pleasantly surprised at times. this philosophy works wonders (and for technical purposes this comes from pmj while they are star gazing)

i've been looking at past ratings and gc eps tend to garner higher ratings than most other eps. guess some people prefer unemployment though.

and still life. i felt so bad for that mother. she was so lost and everything that happened was in her head.

I'm not surprised by the good CG's eps ratings ! but apparently, TMTB don't care :rolleyes:
Speaking of Still Life , I always found that the eps involving kids were well treated ; for example, Feeling The Heat, a great epi ! but it's just my humble opinion .

coolcatz said:
rebec, don't shut out that voice,it keeps you sane. expect the worse and then you'll be pleasantly surprised at times. this philosophy works wonders (and for technical purposes this comes from pmj while they are star gazing)
That was a real comfort because I was failing miserably anyway :lol:

About the higher ratings for GC epis, that made me recall a discussion we had before about most GC shippers being more of the subtle kind. Many of us don't make our voices as loud as other shippers do so we're not really heard at times.

I believe most of the casual viewers enjoy GC dynamics too. At least that's the most plausible explaination I can find for the higher ratings.

Be it romance or friendship, which is really up to how different people see it, if the chemistry's there it's there, there's not much you can do unless you take extreme measures :D

Sorry, I'm ranting again, so for Still Life there doesn't seem much to talk about except for the daddy scene is there?

well there's the fact that the mother was taking olazapine and was thin. sorry folks, but that med makes you gain weight like crazy. and you know, they used it in committed also as one of the guy's meds and he was way too alert to be on it. someone isn't doing their research very well

^^Yeah coolc I mean look at you LOL. :D
I wonder if we will see another reference to the daddy scene in Season 7.. I hope it won't be just another random Gil/GC moment.

I wonder why the people aren't so enthusiastic about discussing Season 6. :lol:

How about posting a pic of Billy that Erica gave from the 2006 Emmys first..
Billy 2006 Emmys from Erica (thanks!) CREDIT:blacktieaffair don't yoink!
and lets discuss beardless Billy. What changes have you noticed? Cuz some people say he looks slimmer.

And also, whats your fave Beardless Gil+Cath moment? Mine is from To Halve and To Hold.

To Halve and To Hold + Gil/Cath+ stars .

I love it because there was a sweet and romantic ambience in that scene. They say if you like stargazing you love to conjur images of fantasy.

^ How about season 6 isn't really worth the discussion? :lol: Except for a few particular episodes, of course. But guys, we have to finish this since we started it. LOL. kay already gave us our next topic: the PureJoy Hall of Fame. As soon as we finish the episode discussion, we can start with that...and perhaps season 7 episode discussion. :D

Thanks to Mercedes for the thread title list. Seriously, does anyone have new suggestions? If not, I think maybe our queen of polls can create us a poll now. *eyes Hottie* :lol:

i think they are just cutting corners on their budget and for what reason i don't know. they've had a lot of slip ups in the last couple of season, not just in continuity but in facts also. i mean i understand allowing a little for the art itself but at some point you have to say stop.

as for the father stuff, next year you'll find out his father didn't really die. he's actuall alive and well in vegas and was an old croony of sam's.

thread title?

some like it hot
marriage of the minds
the old married couple
more. harder. faster.
skin on skin (pmj)
they like to watch
wardrobe malfunctions are inevitable in the elevator
she loves it when he gives her a ride

There ya go, Coolc - Remember his line "no one would tell me why". I bet his dad was part of Sam's mob guys and needed the appearance of being dead to continue in the mob. Now both Cath & Gil will realize their fathers are actually partners and both have killed people. Cath will get to throw Gil off a case for one of his family members being involved. Oh I can just see the story unfolding in front of me. Too bad I can't write stories worth a darn!

Thanks for the pic Hottie and no, I don't have a favourite beardless gil/cath scene.......there are so many good ones I don't how to choose so they are all my favourites :D Ah....the good old days, where we have so much GC but still never get enough :)

Erica you're getting a little too organised for the unorganised ship :lol: Btw, I thought the new rules stated that we can't discuss thread names? Or did I get it wrong?

coolcatz said:
as for the father stuff, next year you'll find out his father didn't really die. he's actuall alive and well in vegas and was an old croony of sam's.
LMAO! That could so happen :lol:

actually sounds to me like you just spit out a plot bunny and now you have to write it.

will someone please repost the thread titles from before?

and gil's dad, i would like more info on this change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back