Gil <3 Cath #22: PureJoy - What Would He Do Without Her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Gil <3 Cath #22: PureJoy - What Would He Do W

OK, there's no way I'm letting you guys skip all the way to ILTW. There's still a lot of PureJoy along the way there. (definitely can't skip KKBB can we?)

Next up is A bullet runs through it:
Not really among my favorites.

A few moments that I recall off hand:

Cute PureJoy at the beginning with C&G bumping shoulders while walking down a wide street. *sigh* I'm so glad TMTB didn't decide to re-do that scene. There's no way they put in the script that the characters should bump each other. I think that was definitely a Billy/Marg thing.

Cath looked so heartbroken when she sat and watch Brass try not to break down in the interrogation. (I was ready to cry, myself) I also liked how she sympathized with Sofia in her interrogation. Remember - Cath has been there. She's had to take somebody's life...just not a fellow cop.

Cath on the phone with Gil when he finds the hubcap in the street. Her line of "I hate it when you do that" was just so CG.

ETA: just a few more additions after perusing the transcripts.

NESTOR ORTEGA: Your thoughts?
CATH: I wonder if that camera works.
NESTOR ORTEGA: Well, it's worth checking out. Come on. I'll even let you buy me a donut.

Just proves the guy is an ass. Can't even buy a lady a donut - has to make her shell out the money.

This one was cute too:
CATH: There's the Geo Metro. There's the Buick Regal.
CONRAD ECKLIE: Oh, she's pregnant, all right. Doesn't look like she wants to go with him.
CATH: He's not giving her much choice. So, just how bad was the meeting with the undersheriff?
CONRAD ECKLIE: Worse than the dentist. Better than the proctologist.
CATH: Mm.

Ecklie openly flirting with Cath this time. *giggle* She's got him wrapped around her finger now!!

Ortega being more of an ass (can't believe he's still married)
CATH: (to suspect) Wow. You had the baby and got your figure back in one day.
NESTOR ORTEGA: That's impossible. Believe me, I know. My wife's had five kids.

Looks like that's it for me on this one.

Woah. Kinda confused by the multitude of discussion topics here. I thought we were talking about ILtW, but then kay, you bring out ABRTI. :lol:

Well I'll talk about both. ILtW, it was the unique episode of the season and it was very very interesting especially with the little hint of GC and a couple of scenes that gave us a lot to work on in terms of avvies and banners. :D But yeah, Erica, I agree on the fact that this is good ol' CSI. The interesting episodes that kept me interested. Now those are the ones I miss.

ABRTI, really broke my heart. Brass is being put through a lot and Paul pulled it off wonderfully and so did Louise. They proved once again that all our characters are vulnerable to emotional "events". Brass will never be the same. :(

The shoulder bumping is one of my favourite scenes of season 6 'cos it'a so natural and they look as if they don't even realise they're even doing it. I wonder if Marg n Billy were told to do that or if it just happened? :)

I agree that ILTW had an interesting case and i thought that ABRTI was good because we got to see a little more from the police perspective and the bond between sofia and brass was nice to see-almost father daughter! I got a bit teary when cath looked like she just wanted to hug him in that interrogation and how she was so gentle and sympathetic with the questioning! Imagine if gill had been in the interrogation with her-the chemistry there would've been great. Especially seeing as Brass usually comes in half way through some of the best GC moments *cough* king baby *cough* :D I do like to see her fiery side when she's interrogating normal suspects aswell but this made a nice change and i thought the writers did a good job portraying all the characters emotions in these scenes. I really enjoyed the tension of not knowing who had actually given the fatal shot!

PS. Big thanks for the huge welcome everyone!! :D

welcome flutterby20 :)
Nice of you to join us. Don't worry once TMTP gets their heads screwed on straigt the gc will be back. lol i don't know whether i'm being optimistic or niaeve.

Are we on ABRTI now? lol the bumps...now i realize restricted space in hallways, but that looked as if it were outside...hmmm...billy and marg at it again lol. And i love how Catherine's really concerned about Brass and Sofia, despite her differences with sofia. The best thing ever was that phonecall: "I hate it when you do that"

:lol: We did not jump all the way to ILTW , I was just asking if it was a GC epi and Erica was sweet enough to give me a brief summary *hugs*

If I'm not wrong, there's also a vacation convo somewhere down the road from S&F yes? So no, we're definitely not going to move that fast and miss out the good stuff ;)

Loved the bumping scene in ABRTI too! You would think they would have moved farther apart after the first "accidental" bump but no, they had to have another bump, accidentally of course :D

Great acting by Paul in the interrogation scene. He had always been the one questioning people but when he's the one that's being questioned, he still pulled it off nicely. :) Just looking at Brass in that scene made me want to join cath in hugging him

Aww rebec *hugs back* :D But no, the vacation convo wasn't in ILtW. It was from Spellbound instead. :lol:

Ah teh bumping! How can you not love the bumping? It's so natural, so C/G. Hehe. I really loved that Catherine showed her sympathy during the interrogation, too. Show what her character really is...a tough, strong woman with a soft heart.

Ortega being more of an ass (can't believe he's still married)
CATH: (to suspect) Wow. You had the baby and got your figure back in one day.
NESTOR ORTEGA: That's impossible. Believe me, I know. My wife's had five kids.
This convo literally had me go "WTF?!" kay was right, Ortega was an a$$ and I couldn't figure out why he was still married. Oh BTW, I also loved this bit:

Gil: (He answers his phone.) "Grissom."

Catherine: "Hey. I just interviewed Sargeant Adams. He and Bell were making a routine traffic stop when the Caprice cut in. The initial vehicle was a..."

Gil: (Finds a hubcap.) "A Buick?"

Catherine: "I hate it when you do that."

Gil: "Lucky guess. I'll call you back."
Hahaha smug Cath got beaten. That was SO cute. Also, is it just me or did anybody see a role reversal of the looking-for-the-boat scene from Pledging Mr. Johnson?

Just a reminder:

Can everyone please make their posts a minimum of 3 Lines in Length, as per the forum rules, posted here

Many thanks.

EricaSJ said:
Also, is it just me or did anybody see a role reversal of the looking-for-the-boat scene from Pledging Mr. Johnson?
I didn't get the role reversal vibe there. Cath was the one helping with the interviews and doing the "people person" type of stuff. (I can't imagine Gil sitting through the interviews looking as sympathetic as Cath did) Gil seemed to be Gil...just wandering about searching aimlessly for evidence, which almost seemed to be more of a strip strangler or hunger artist type of scene where he just starts to "take a walk" no matter where it will end up. This time, it just so happened that he was around Greg at the time.

^ I know what you mean, kay. But I wasn't talking about the whole background there. LOL. I just thought it was fun that Cath was the one sitting in the lab looking for clues with scientific methods while Gil was the one who actually found the rim at the crime scene. :D

Oh btw, it is confirmed that Built to Kill is going to be the season opener. I expect the script to be good since it's written by Sarah Goldfinger, a young, talented writer who (unfortunately) isn't in our shipping camp. LOL. I just hope it doesn't get too dramatic as the spoilers revealed. Although I'm glad that the episode seems Cath-heavy, I'm actually anxious about what's going to happen. :(

I understand how you see it E. That scene also reminds me of the scene in WW where she has him check the car back at the lab for the detector under the car. He says "you can't track a stationary object" - she says "I know, that's why I'm calling". Their minds are always on the same track - but one just a tiny bit behind the other, and it always changes which one is ahead.

I'm kind of split with Sarah Goldfinger episodes. I can't really picture her writing a Cath-heavy episode and have it come out decent, but hopefully she'll prove me wrong. There are a number of Goldfinger episodes that I don't re-watch very often - homebodies, daddy's little girl, committed, gum drops, Forever (which has decent CG, but I don't really care for the episode). Rashomama was about the best episode she wrote (or at least had a part in writing it).

Well I think Homebodies was pretty good while it wasn't Cath-heavy (but she was cute in it. LOL). DLG...meh. Gum Drops...well, I think it was a good thing that they decided to rewrite it because it ended up absolutely much better than what I'd expected although I don't think I'd pick it when I want to rewatch a CSI episode, either. There just wasn't enough Catherine! LOL. Committed...one thing I liked about it was Sara's reaction after her attack, but seriously, I don't think there was anything memorable in that episode. That vase was just ridiculous. I mean the boy was no Patrick Swayze and the nurse was no Demi Moore. I so couldn't figure out where that idea came from. Oh kay, you forgot to mention Nesting Dolls, or don't you rewatch it at all? :lol: IMO it is the strongest proof for your opinion that Goldfinger can't write a decent Cath-heavy episode. I think she is very good at handling the character of Sara, probably because Sara is her favorite character and she spends the most time studying her. But I don't think she knows what to do with Cath, which is a real shame.

Um okay, I'm really anxious about Built to Kill now. :lol:

omg I was just watching That 70s Show and Kelso yelled that nobody likes a tease. I think everyone likes some sort of tease and just to make this CSI centered, I especially think Gil loves how Catherine teases him...alot. And personally with out it I think there would be no GC ship. Well if there wasn't that and just the moments.

Gil & Cath have such a flirty relationship, no matter what they're doing. That's what makes them so cute.

E, I have a love/hate relationship with Nesting Dolls. I feel that it's an ok episode, but not one of my favorites. I just don't like the girls fighting like that. I believe Marg & Jorja both mentioned early on (around the time of crate n burial I think. The "when the spirit moves you Sara" line.) that they didn't want their characters to have the bitchy woman vs woman type of relationship with each other. I still think there should have been a Cath/Sara scene at the end -or at least in the next episode- where they talk things out. Also, there should have been no reason for Gil to be upset with Cath in that episode. Sara was the one who was out of line, and deserved the suspension. Until I see proof otherwise, I don't believe Goldfinger could ever write a decent Cath-centric episode. I hope she proves me wrong in Season 7, but I'm not holding my breath.

i'll reserve judgement to later on s. goldfinger. i just don't think she can handle it over the long haul.

and the bump in abrti! loved it. no point to that at all but there it was. but that was pre-you can't look or touch because it runs where we are headed.

and i did love the phone call. so gc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back