Gil <3 Cath #22: PureJoy - What Would He Do Without Her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the quiet man *sigh* oh how I LOVE that movie. I love all 5 John/Maureen movies (plus many of MO's other movies too) Don't get me started.

OK! Let's restore some order here:
what's eating gilbert grissom -- the return of the blue paint serial killer that was introduced in the execution of catherine willows (one of my favorites, btw)

* --Greg dealing with the maggots in the lab--
using duct tape to keep them from climbing out (cute!)

* --pushy Cath?--
CATH: Uh, sorry, Sara. I need the microscope. Priority.
SARA: I got three more samples to run. When I'm finished, it'll be your turn.
CATH: This can't wait.
SARA: It can't? Or you can't?
CATH: Both. Go have a cup of coffee on me.
SARA: The coffee's free.
CATH: Thank you.

She knows what the stuff is. She just needs to confirm it, of course.

* --Cath vs reporters (Cath wins)--
REPORTER: Ms. Willows, can you confirm that the blue paint killer has claimed another victim?
CATH: I haven't been cleared for comment.
REPORTER: Ms. Willows, was John Mathers wrongfully convicted? Did the state execute an innocent man?
CATH: John Mathers killed Charlene Roth and was punished for it.
REPORTER: You sure this isn't a copycat?!
REPORTER: Well, how can you be so sure of that? Ms. Willows?

* --Cath & Gil find the blow-up doll--
(disturbing, but cute)

* -- Nick knows his sex shops?--
CATH: Prior evidence indicated that the suspect was an artist or had some connection to the university's art department.
NICK: Serials typically photograph their crime scenes. If we're dealing with an artist here ... maybe he drew his victims instead.
WARRICK: Looks like she's in a small room.
GRISSOM: What is that in the foreground?
WARRICK: Chair? Sofa?
CATH: What about behind her?
NICK: Windows, maybe. Can we blow that up?
CATH: Some kind of signage?
GRISSOM: And the lettering's backwards.
NICK: Cramped space. Chairs in the foreground, but no other furniture. No shutters or curtains on the windows. Maybe it's not a room. Maybe it's a ... vehicle.
CATH: He was in the front seat, and he was looking at her through the rearview mirror.
GRISSOM: So, he can attack her, abduct her, rape her and strangle her, but he can't look directly at her?
WARRICK: Guys, those black trilobal fibers that we found on Debby Reston's body were from a Chevy.
WARRICK: And the size and shape of those windows are consistent with a Chevy van.
NICK: I recognize the signage. The Erotica Boutique on Tropicana. It's distinctive ... the font ...

Oh how Nicky squirms at the end!

* --finding the girl in the van--
GRISSOM: So, this is where he brought them.
CATH: The pump was probably for the doll. Beer bottles ... tell Mia to check them for saliva, as well as other bodily fluids.
NICK: You're thinking she was raped with a foreign object ... may be why we never found semen.
BRASS: The police presence on the campus probably interrupted his plans for her disposal.
CATH: I'll take the girl.
NICK: I'll take the van.

I just love when they do this. They each know what part of the investigation the others are going to do, even before they say it. Nick with the van, Cath with the girl's body, Gil goes into the sex store (?!?), Sara is still working on the drawings, Warrick is...(ummm, I can't really remember).

Hehe I was wondering when we had moved to NMI, too, because What's Eating Gilbert Grissom is such a C/G episode. So, shall we start? ;)

gems I love the moment you picked. Not many people would think of that one when talking about favorite C/G moments although it actually is a very good example. Thanks for sharing with us. :)

ETA: Jeez Kay you're fast! :lol:

what got me about this was that this was cath's case originally and they made this more of a gil ep (isn't it funny how we crap our own ship at times, lol). this was a continuation of teocw and they made it more of a gil urge to solve this.

Well, I understand the reason that it became Gil's case: he found the tooth in the maggots. however, that happened to be the boy who was killed mistakenly by the serial killer. However, I think it did turn back into Cath's case when they found the blue paint again. With Gil being Cath's supervisor, and this being a very high profile case, Gil would ultimately be the lead. But coolc, I totally understand what you're saying. That's one reason I like "the execution" better than this episode.

BTW E - copy & paste helps to make things faster. That's why I peruse the transcripts when reviewing an episode! (I really should quit giving out my secrets for free)

i also think teocw was also better written (well duh, early season). but you do realize that only three eps have had character names in them, wegg, teocw and ww.

I never liked the title weeping willows. She never cried in that episode. She kept her head high and took the blows from everyone head-on...even Gil at the end. In the "he hit you" scene - she called it an accident (which it was), Adam called her a bitch & a tease - she only said to Gil that Adam "wasn't lying about anything" pertaining to her.

I keep saying that they should title the entire season 6 as "the execution of CSI". Maybe they'll have that on the dvd cover?!

actually the title isn't about catherine weeping, it is a reference to the tree. and in that context it fits. i'll pull off my logic from my other computer and post it when we get to that ep. trust me, it makes sense in the right context.

yeah, I know. It's a play on words. Yeah, the tree context fits. I still don't like it. Just as I don't like the title "teocw" - because taken literally, it always gives me the shivers. Knowing how stupid TMTB are, they could probably actually write an episode for that reference. I wouldn't put it past them. They've already ruined my extreme love for the entire show, down to the point of just watching it for Marg parts.

Yay!!
banana.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif

Congrats on Page 22!!!
Cheering.gif

------------------------
Cat_Gil_CSI.jpg

hey wp rocks! nice to see you.

i agree the title teocw is kinda disturbing out of context. and now that there are no tptb but tmtb we probably could expect the ep to include cath in a near execution.

i believe there is an old alan alda movie called the execution of eddie something or other (can't remember for sure).

oh marg/billy. coolness. is that from s4 press tour?

coolcatz said:
oh marg/billy. coolness. is that from s4 press tour?

I have no clue about the pic. :rolleyes: I just thought the pic went along with the title thread "PureJoy"
bigsmile3.gif

Speaking of movie title name, WEGG is from "What's Eating Gilbert Grape" :)
Actually I prefer What's Eating Gil Grissom than Gilbert. :rolleyes:

----------------------
MyTeam.jpg

Speaking of episode titles with character names, coolc, you forgot Ellie, Lady Heather's Box, Grissom vs. the Volcano and Hollywood Brass. :D

Welcome back WP! Thanks for the gift hehe. I think that pic was from season 4 premiere. ;) Gotta go for a while. Work. Ugh. I'll be back later. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back