Gil <3 Cath #21: he's UP in bed while she's shaking her head

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Gil <3 Cath #21: he's UP in bed while she's shaking he

yes, lindsey's next appeareance is in ww. i love the way they shot the scene oh wait we aren't there yet, lol!

coolcatz said:
and the beauty of this scene is that most of it is done in that old married couple way with them talking and not always looking at each other but yet always connected.

i miss my csi.

Oh, I do too! And I've been thinking. The anti-Purejoy camp was around already by Season 5. If we got such lovely GC moments interspersed with blah ones, I'd say it probably was Billy and Marg choosing to do their scenes that way, giving them the old married - and still in love - couple feel to them. The old Grissom was so supportive of Marg and was getting better and better at it. Which is why what they've done to the show made strictly no sense to me. :rolleyes:

Did anyone get the sense that this wasn't the first time the two of them discussed bringing up Lindsey? I mean, Cath just trusted that single man and non-father. I know a mom's natural reaction is more likely to lean towards dismissing advice from such a source.

well you've seen my newest theory and i'm not sure if it makes sense to anyone but me but i'm sticking with it.

Great point there, coolc. That scene from Harvest showed exacly why and how they are the old married couple. I just searched the episode guide and saw the episode was written by Judith McCreary. Well, probably not one of the writers we're familiar with, but she definitely did a great job there. A couple little things I loved about this scene are that one look without any word and she knew he hadn't slept and that she told him about Lindsey. She'd probably tell others about Lindsey being taken to the police, but I'm not so sure she'd let everyone know about how things were going on between her and Lindsey. Sounded a little too private to me especially when things were not going well. And I was glad, really glad that Catherine went to Gil and talked to him and that Gil not only listened to her but gave her advise. This kind of care and trust which is not work-related is really rare for us to see on the show.

And I miss my CSI, too.

It sure made sense to me. Catherine is a person with a strong character. Being a single mom with years of experience and someone who sledom let people tell her what she should or should not do, she sure was quick in taking gil's advise. This goes to show that she really trusts him and knows that he also wants the best for lindsey.

*pats rebec*

Good kid, hehe. You've been doing good researches on our favorite couple. :D

Angie, I agree with your response to the spoiler. I mean...I'm missing the GC friendship. I don't care if it doesn't turn out romantic or anything, but...they're being really cruel. I mean...throw us something to work with here.

Angie, I seriously hope that Grissom isn't oblivious to all the things happening in the Willows family, because..well because he's her best friend and if they are indeed like brother and sister...they can't leave him out of events in Catherine's life. I seriously hope that these developments don't take place while Billy is gone.

Gravy[/b]]Gravy, I don't think it's going to take place when Billy's gone. He is supposed to be absent from November (uh, if my memory serves right. I didn't bother look it up. LOL), but the Catherine-centered spoilers are supposed to be about the season opener which they are shooting in Vegas right now. I think Gil is going to be in these two episodes, but I really don't intent to think about how he might react to the events or will he even know about them. Let's say I just don't have much faith in the man at this moment. LOL. But I do hope TPTB will have Gil do something about it. Shippy or not, the Gil/Catherine dynamics has been something essential to the show from day one. It just doesn't feel right when it's not there. Just look at the second half of season 6 and you know.

That's my main problem... Like you say, Gravy, Gil SHOULD be there, and be in the loop on what's going on. But it wouldn't be the first time they keep Gil out of what's going on (and wrongfully so, considering how they HAVE portrayed their friendship on so many occasions). And IF they're gonna keep him out of it all in these first two episodes, I'd rather they just not have him in the episode at all (it would be easier to not have him knowing/caring/whatever if he weren't even there). Thing is... they REALLY messed with the Grissom character last year, and not only in the G/C relationship. Just look at the last episode and everything that went on with Brass. Sure, he cared, but seriously... he pissed me off so much in that episode that he as a LOT of redeeming to do in my eyes. He can start with Catherine, and I MIGHT be seeing him in a better light again.

Yeah...I mean..although Weeping Willows..he was in the loop but...it was really short. I need our G/C dynamics to be there for Catherine's hard times. If Sara's there and Gil's not, I mean...what the hell would that be? If they keep him out of the loop, that just might be the final straw for me. I try hard, but...they've just been too much for me to handle. :p

I agree with the Brass part. TPTB have managed to destroy that somehow. I just hope it doesn't happen with the Gil/Cath relationship as well. Just like Erica, I so admire their dynamics, shippy or not. And yeah it would be better to not have Gil in the episode, rather than have him react unappropriately (aka OOC) to the situation.

^ Ahaha, thanks for that, cofi. I'm glad there's finally someone sharing my view. *sticks out tongue at TPTB*

Hey count me in too! *makes a face at TPTB* :D

The G/C dynamics back is all I ask for.

(For now. I might get greedy. *shrugs* It happens.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back