George/Nick:Texan Charm #10

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Nick's heartbroken look at the end of the episode made me want to cry and hug him.

I agree that there was no romantic chemistry. I did love his "who are you to judge me" look though. Kudos to George for that. :)

2. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

I just watched it and I saw the beginning of something ...whether is a relationship or a friendship, time and writers will tell. I think we wanted smoldering and we got a luke warm bath instead but that doesn't mean much, they were working on a case and I still hold out hope that this will be something more...Nick deserves it.

I liked the episode though...it seemed more balanced ,even though the subject matter was hard to watch...I liked it, it felt more old CSI...and being a Nick fan...I will have to say I really enjoyed Greg solving the case and his wonderful humor reappearing.

3. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

From a review blog on the Entertainment Weekly site....

I have to agree, as I'm sure you all do. :) I keep thinking how the Nick of the first few season would have handled this compared to the "new" Nick. I fell in love with the young, naive, eager, sometimes dumbfounded Nick of years back, but I'm equally loving the older, wiser, more mature Nick these days. :)

4. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

That blog said it all and so did you! Nick has changed so much. I think, obviously, Grave Danger was a definite turning point for him, but so did losing Warrick and Haley in 'Turn Turn Turn'. Instead of letting it all knock him down (well, maybe a little) he stays up and keeps fighting for the victims.

I'm proud of him for holding his tongue with the social worker. Just because the CSIs and/or cops may joke at a scene doesn't mean they're disrepecting the victim. She should try seeing all that death everyday and the moronic reasons for killing someone, it's just a way to cope.

Now I'm all for sexual tension between characters, but there was no chemistry and without that there is no sexual tension.

5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

It's true that when you're in a line of work where you see death and carnage, one way of coping is to turn to dark humour. It's a way of protecting yourself from the emotional pain. What did this so-called social worker expect them to do fall apart and cry at every murder scene? God forbid, nothing would ever get done if Nick walked over to a corner and cried his heart out all the time or Greg fell to his knees and screamed, "Why God why!"

If she had any brains at all, she'd know better. Which shows how poorly this character was written. I have one word for her "Mary Sue"

And if you're going to create a love interest, why create someone whose going to criticize Nick's profession?

And I agree with you Speedy, I've seen more sexual tension between Nick and his latex gloves than this person.

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

:lol: at the latex gloves comment. I agree that its not exactly ideal to have a love interest come in and right off the bat insult him and his colleagues just because some of the CSIs she's observed have done that. Seriously, that's stereotyping and throwing all CSIs into one group and they don't all belong there. It was unfair of her to assume that he was like the others.

And yes, Nick deserves a love interest, but not HER. He deserves a thousand times better than her IMHO.

7. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

I found this on you tube about the crossover. The first four minutes are just Vegas and there is a cute George moment with him, Laurence and Wally.

Also, during a setup with the victim of the week I think you can hear George singing that awful Daniel Powter song "Had A Bad Day" it's very short but it's cute

Crossover thing

8. Jacqui

Jacqui Police Officer

I have to say, I thought she was cute. And I have a question for all of you:

Would you be saying any of the things you're saying if you didn't *know* she was a potential love interest for Nick?

Bear in mind that right now, to Nick, she's just a social worker. Right now, to April, Nick's just a CSI. I think, particularly in this instance, that there's something to be said for not reading spoilers. When you know where something's going or supposed to go, you read into things, like April's smile when Nick walked away. Professionally speaking there's a lot of reasons why it would be in both of their best interests to get along, and that could have been a smile that said, "Good. He doesn't think I'm a dope." Which may be why you didn't see the tension you were expecting or hoping for.

Anyway... Just my two cents.

9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I'm not sure. I think it was the actress who annoyed me. Even when I saw her I thought.."Ugh.." and then her character with her holier than thou attitude bugged me more. I can't stand people like her, who rush to judgement. I've met many people like that in my life and I can't stand them. So she pushed some buttons in me big time. I think had it been approached a little differently with a much different actress not someone who started their career off in a reality show, I might have been more accepting of her.

There are great social workers and then there are the judgemental ones, she comes across as judgemental and I don't like people like that.

10. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

I asked myself the same question. We always read a lot into things people doing because we always have an opinion about people we don't even know...

I can't say there is no chemistry between the two and I can't say there is because all we got where two scenes with the two of them together... and then it was just the beginning... they met and this was it. I for myself am not able to read anything between the two and I don't even think the writers wanted us to read a possible relationship between the two (yet?).

They haven't had the best start but that doesn't mean there is no way that the two of them could fall in love.

I guess all we can do is wait and see :) I for myself am happy that the writers definitly won't go with a love at first sight story for Nick.

11. Stokes4Me

Stokes4Me Cute but Pshyco Premium Member

And my two cents are...I think I'd still be annoyed even if I didn't know she was a potential love interst for Nick. I'd still be irritated at the way she spat at Nick when they first met and I would still be bothered by her checking Nick out at the end. I never liked the whole GSR thing and to potentially start something new this season is just so boring to be honest... :rolleyes:

12. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I think another thing that bugged me was not related to either Nick or the social worker, it's more the whole depiction of a 'bleeding heart'. I mean I'm a bleeding heart too. I'll give spare change to homeless people. I went before town councils and pleaded with them not to raise bus fares, I've advocated for more social housing. I don't like the how the depicted a 'bleeding heart', or even how they put 'bleeding heart' in such a negative way. If being a bleeding heart is a bad thing, then she should never have been so apologetic in the end. She should have said, "yeah I'm a bleeding heart, deal with it.." But it's almost like she was pleading with Nick to get her to like her by saying, "Or your so cute..oh I hope you don't think I'm too much of a bleeding heart.." Like..whatever..

13. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

The list of People's Choice nominations are out and once again George hasn't been nominated for any award :scream: At least we all know that no matter what these awards shows think of George he is still tops with us.

CSI did get nominated for Best Drama. They're up against House, Lost, Grey's Anatomy and NCIS.

14. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Someone posed this at Live Journal today. It's about George's surgery, but there's some bad news about life for him after CSI.

I think it's great he's considering life outside of entertainment.

Life after CSI

15. LadyMaverick

LadyMaverick Dead on Arrival

A football coach... I love it! I am a complete football fanatic and
    I think George would make a great coach.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.