George/Nick:Texan Charm #10

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

That's for sure.:thumbsup:

2. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Useless trivia time.

While doing some research for my non Nick theme today, I was looking at Second String on IMBd to see what character George played. The character's name was Tommy Baker. The victim that Nick tried to help in Death and the Maiden was Tommy Baker. As I said just some useless trivia I came across :)

3. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Now that I'm totally hooked on Monte Walsh. :luvlove: I have been searching the internet for any stores near me that have it. (Like it'd be that easy! :scream:) I did find this on the TNT website. It's a little Q&A with George about playing Shorty, working with Tom Selleck and what it was like on the set. If I've got my timeline right he read for the part during season 1 and finally got the call about it while filming either Second String or Just a Walk in the Park (whichever one was filmed in Montreal) by Tom Selleck himself. Gotta like the fact that someone like Tom Sellect took the time to call him back and talk about the project with him and to tell him he wanted him in the movie. :thumbsup: Usually names that big have people doing it for them.

(Click on the Monte Walsh in yellow at the top and go back to the main page. They chose a pic of Monte and Shorty for the main page. :p)

Susan

4. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Awww blackflag... I love this little interview :adore:

And the funny thing is that I found it too as I was looking for some more information about Monte Walsh, because I'm totally hooked on it too :D And because I love Shorty :luvlove:

I watched it at least 6 times since I got it and can't get enough of it :)

Thank you for posting the link here, blackflag... it helped me decide what I'll watch this evening, since I can't watch the new CSI episode tonight :bolian:

5. Jacquie

It's always good to see how well George is liked in the industry by other actors. George would have been filming Just a Walk in the Park in Montreal.

I just check Amazon US and they have 31 new and used copies of Monte Walsh for $2.33 :eek: BUT the DVD has been discontinued by the manufacturer :wtf:

6. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Thanks for the interview, Blackflag! I loved the movie too, there is just one part that is painful for me to watch. :(

Jacquie, thanks for that bit of trivia. Hmmmm coincidence? :shifty:

So a friend of mine posted this on Nick-Discussion on Live Journal. It's not about George, but very indirectly about Nick.

You know he mentioned the Puffins on CSI and how they're attracted to the lights? Well, this is a little video on the Puffins and these wonderful kids that help them. It's amazing that english is not the first language of these kids and they seem to speak it fluently.

Shhhhh, don't tell Smokey or DJ that I posted this video that doesn't have George in it. :shifty:

7. Windsong

Windsong Victim

Sorry, I don't know if this is the place to ask this ...

Does anyone know why George/Nick usually wears what looks like a sweatband on his right wrist? I think he used to wear a thick leather bracelet there for a while too. Just always wondered .... I had a friend who used to wear one to hide a tattoo that she no longer liked.

8. Jacquie

this is certainly the right place to ask questions like this :) and I have no idea why George/Nick wears the wrist band. It could have to do with helping keep the sweat off his right hand but I think it's more George showing some of his own personality in Nick's character.

9. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Well would you look at that! Time for a new thread already! :) New thread #11 can be found here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.