George/Nick:Texan Charm #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, George already admitted that he is a diva on the set and she comes across, a lot, like a diva so there.

I know, it sounds like they're animosity between her and him, but then again you can't always get the feel of the what they said in print.

Of course, we have a lot of Jorja fans to blame for this, for taking what he said out of context and besides if he was referring to Jorja as a diva, then she probably was. It isn't like him to make up stories and we don't know how it was on the set, only they do. However, George has always been honest and haven't we all put our foot in our mouthes (ok, am I spelling that right? :wtf: I hate when I stop to think of how a word is spelled because if its spelled correctly it still looks wrong :lol:). :lol:

Last edited:
Well, George already admitted that he is a diva on the set and she comes across, a lot, like a diva so there.

I know, it sounds like they're animosity between her and him, but then again you can't always get the feel of the what they said in print.

Of course, we have a lot of Jorja fans to blame for this, for taking what he said out of context and besides if he was referring to Jorja as a diva, then she probably was. It isn't like him to make up stories and we don't know how it was on the set, only they do. However, George has always been honest and haven't we all put our foot in our mouthes (ok, am I spelling that right? :wtf: I hate when I stop to think of how a word is spelled because if its spelled correctly it looks wrong :lol:). :lol:

The word 'diva' is a fluid word in that you can compliment someone or insult someone. I still don't think he called her a diva but the his wording was a bity rusty.

I call my daughter a 'diva' when she's being a bit of a snot, but I mostly call her diva in love.

Yeah, diva can be a compliment too.

Now, however I don't like her even more after PETA's recent stunt (I ranted in the rant thread about it). Yeah, it's not her fault, but she supports them.

I hope George doesn't support them, otherwise, I'm going to have to smack him.

In any case, George is my favorite diva :) and if he fights for the integrity of his character then good for him. Now if tptb would listen to him and us there wouldn't be any problems, now would there? :lol:

Now if someone could just interview him some more, that would be nice. He really needs to do another photo shoot. He's overdue for one. :lol:

all I saw that he said about divas was that he was glad Lauren wasn't one because when you start working with a new person, you're always going to have those worries... "what if this person is a huge PITA (pain in the @$$)". :lol: Like Jorja said, I don't think George meant it the way it was taken... and she did say that tends to happen to George a lot. Hey, it happens to me a lot too.

Last edited:
Ok am I getting way too old. Did they change the meaning of diva? I have a dictionary. I will look it up.

Diva-n pl -vas or -ve (It< L goddess) a leading woman singer.

Nope hasn't changed in 20 years +.

So what is wrong with this? Is it because they aren't singers? In Latin it means goddess. I doubt George has the equipment to pull that one off.

If he meant goddess I sure wouldn't mind him calling me that. I would take offence if I am not a woman singer.

Ah well I sometimes feel like Murtaugh. I am getting to old for this beep.

The problem is, Diva is one of those words that has picked up some negative connotations over the last decade or so. It can be meant as a compliment, bout more often than not, it is a dig at the person they are referring to. Calling them a diva is the equivalent to a Premadonna. Or at least, thats how I feel about it. Anyone else?

So is Jorja the Diva and George the hustler?

Eeek! I just looked up hustler. Oh I don't think George is a hustler:eek: a prima donna, oh yeah..both of them are prima donna's.:lol:

In that I say, they want things a certain way, they have very high opinions of themselves and it showed in their behaviour on the set. I'd say they are both guilty of being divas.

In George's defense, he probably reverted to 'diva' behaviour because he wanted more screentime for his character and Jorja didn't want to give up any of it for her character because she was comfortable with the status quo of being in the lime light.

So if asking for more storylines and screentime results in someone being called a 'diva', well that's just the CSI world for yah!

Last edited:
George already admitted in that interview that he and Gary did with TV Guide just before the writers strike that he had a bit of a diva-ish attitude when it comes to what he wants for his character. (Gary called him the set diva & he agreed with him) I don't think he considers being called a diva anything but a compliment. :bolian: (Don't have a scan of the interview - only pics - and I can't find it online any more so I can't give a link to it, sorry. :()

I remember reading several articles in the past that the author would end it by saying that George Eads seems to remain Texan. That he's one actor that hasn't been swallowed up by Hollywood. I think that's why he's frequently taken out of context. He's not giving a Hollywood interview - he's giving a George Eads interview. (those are my thoughts - probably jumbled up enough to be good and confusing :lol:)

Diva can be put on a long list of words that depending on what country (or part of the country) you're from and the context it's used in, it could mean any number of things to that person.

Susan

You know what I find funny, is that George and Gary complain about only getting two lines on the show and are deemed 'diva':rolleyes: and yet George makes a comment that has Jorja's fans thinking he called her a diva and the whole CSI fandom goes into a tivy. Why is that? Because he's a man! He's not supposed to complain?

I think if I were on a show where I was only allowed two lines in a show, I'd be royally ticked off.:scream: I don't think complaining about it makes someone a diva?:wtf:

Sorry, I just hate unfairness, but the world is not fair and so be it.

:D I noticed that on IMDB that George is now at the top of the cast list since he's been in the most episodes (207) followed by Marg and Paul G. with 206 each and Eric with 205. Other actors who have left have dropped down the list. Looks like they will have to come back a lot to get to the top again. ;)

cgrgrl posted this over in the Nick Discussion Livejournal. I hope she doesn't mind me posting it here. Like she said over there - it's just a fun little article about George and his love of superhero's (especially drawing them).

3 Guy Obsessions Explained - George Eads, Superhero's

Never knew that he went to the Dominican Republic a few years ago. I hate the fact that we seem to be underestimated as a fandom in how much we want to know about these things.

Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back