George/Nick:Texan Charm #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point Jacqui, I don't know much about the treatment for herniated discs, so reading your post help me understood why he might be hesitant about surgery.

Good point Jacqui, I don't know much about the treatment for herniated discs, so reading your post help me understood why he might be hesitant about surgery.
These three places are just some about Herniated disc surgery.
WebMD
Cleveland Clinic
Neurosurgery Today

My father has something I believe similar to this, he didn't want to go the surgery route because one complication (though is rare now days but does happen) is paralysis, or as said in the above article no guarentee that it wouldn't just give more pain. My father in this case went on the meds but didn't like the fact that he rarely got out of bed (it knocked him out) so the docs took him off that, and suggested a "Nerve Block" its an out patient proceedure you can have up to 3 a year, it goes goes in and blocks the pain going to the nerve, it is admined by needle into a certain location in the bottom of the back. For More on that All I know is after he got the three back in 2005 or 06 he hasn't needed it again, and they figured as bad as he was he would need it again the following year, but they said if it works for him still then call when needed.

My favorite wrestler had the surgery you're talking about 11 years ago and he's still in the ring every week...of course after his surgery he went into retirement for a while so I don't know what that means for George.

What other treatment methods are there for herniated discs?

I just finish watching E.T. The woman said, George Eads has the perfect abs. Get it the tv guide on March 26. That what I heard they said.

I just finish watching E.T. The woman said, George Eads has the perfect abs. Get it the tv guide on March 26. That what I heard they said.

I'm glad I remembered to set my DVR for E.T. Can't wait to see it and get the TVGuide.

Oh and I love his abs too, and his chest, and his smile, and his eyes, and his body, and his...I better stop before I get hosed!

I DVR'd it too, but there wasn't much to it really. The great thing is going to be the magazine!! How lucky to have him in there! It's been a while since we've had anything new to hold in our hands and drool over. :adore:

I had 2 herniated discs about 3 years ago. Happened picking up a box from the floor. The pain was so bad that I couldn't bear to sit or lay down. Couldn't push a grocery cart at the store. I finally discovered Thermacare wraps. I wore one 24 hours a day 7 days a week. It took about 5 months to finally heal. I have a desk job so an active, physical type job will only prolong the amt of time to heal.

So I was noticing someone's (MyfutureCSI) signature and just had to go to the website to read it all.

It was an article titled "CSI Doesn't Need Gil Grissom - or: how the creators of Crime Scene Investigation managed to mend a sinking ship.

Anyways, this reporter (reviewer?) had this to say about George:

But last week was the turning point for me. It was a Nick Stokes-centric episode and the formula wasn’t new. Flashbacks were used with the usual excellent CGIs - quick sun ups and downs. In-position shifts. Video morphing. All nicely done, I liked it. What made it gripping was the story. Of course it was the run-of-the-mill interwoven story of multiple murders with the final conclusion delivered in the third act. What made it good was George Eads, and I thank the creators and showrunners that they kept a hold on him when he had the same negotiation issues Jorja Fox had after Season Seven.

If you want to find out why this was a turning point and how he continued on with Nick and stuff, you can read it here.

I had 2 herniated discs about 3 years ago. Happened picking up a box from the floor. The pain was so bad that I couldn't bear to sit or lay down. Couldn't push a grocery cart at the store. I finally discovered Thermacare wraps. I wore one 24 hours a day 7 days a week. It took about 5 months to finally heal. I have a desk job so an active, physical type job will only prolong the amt of time to heal.

That sounds horrible! I have a prolapsed disc in my neck which causes problems now and then, but nothing I can't live with.

I do feel for George. I hope he gets it sorted soon, because living in agony, day in and day out...it's depressing. :(

speedy, thanks for the article link!

Thanks for posting the link, MyFutureCSI, and to Speedy for elaborating. :) I loved this part about the ending scene from "Turn, Turn, Turn".

What made it gripping was the lack of words, the understanding between two men who are both old enough to understand life and yet can’t avoid having their demons. It gave me perspective on my own life. It made CSI human again and it made me feel for the characters again
Exactly how I felt. I'm still amazed at how well Ray (LF) handled that scene. :)

^ Aren't you supposed to be at work Smokey?!

I just finished reading the article and it's brilliant.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. A big part of the appeal of CSI and George Eads/Nick Stocks..is how I identify with the character. A show that grips me, that has me crying or laughing or raving at the screen...THAT's the kind of show I want to watch. And Nick...he's been a catalyst for a lot of emotions, and I love his empathy, and more importantly, his acknowledgement of that empathy. I love that he doesn't try to bottle things up, that he's open about his feelings, and his worries, his troubles.

George is so gifted at bringing Nick to life. I'm still in awe. I think I always will be.

Aren't you supposed to be in a pub somewhere by now? :lol:

I just finished reading the article and it's brilliant....George is so gifted at bringing Nick to life. I'm still in awe. I think I always will be.

Absolutely! I have to remember, if I see something on the show that I don't quite like or agree with, that he does have a lot of input into what happens with his character. So like it or not, it was probably his idea.

Except the breakdown, I guess. ;) He said he really didn't want for Nick to lose that innocence. But hey, we all have to at some point, right?

And now, I am off to work. Happy now?? :lol:

Aren't you supposed to be in a pub somewhere by now? :lol:

Oh I will be soon, most assuredly! Although...my boss just called...I might have to pop into the office...:wtf:

Smokey said:
Absolutely! I have to remember, if I see something on the show that I don't quite like or agree with, that he does have a lot of input into what happens with his character. So like it or not, it was probably his idea.

Except the breakdown, I guess. ;) He said he really didn't want for Nick to lose that innocence. But hey, we all have to at some point, right?

And now, I am off to work. Happy now?? :lol:

I think it's the lose of Nick's innocence that I identify with most, and I'm glad for the breakdown, it makes him more real, more human and less the 'superhero' Nick. But at the same time, it only adds to his 'heroic' nature, because now that he's experienced that loss, I think he'll go to great lengths to prevent other people from experiencing it too. I could see him becoming more dedicated, more passionate about the job, not that he isn't already but there will be that added impetus to solve cases, get the bad guy. You get what I'm saying?

Whereas some *unnamed* characters withdrew and became despondent, I think Nick will become more driven. At least...I hope that's what happens.

Enjoy work if you can! You'd better be wearing green! :lol:

Okay,now go and look,he takes off his shirt,entirely girls,and he is so good looking!More George tonight,yum!:drool::drool::drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back