George/Nick:Texan Charm #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is painful to watch GE walk around. I can't stand the fact that he's in so much pain. :(

As far as kids go, my daughter doesn't find GE attractive. I asked why and she made a face and said, "Because he's old!" I then reminded her that I'm only a year and a half younger than him and she just looked at me with a "Well Duh!" expression on her face. :wtf:

I love how our perception of age changes as we get older. I remember thinking when I was in my 20's that someone my age, I'm 50, is old. Now I don't see that at all. I now see people my parent's age, late 70's and early 80's as old.

Wojo posted a picture in the Eric/Greg pic thread with the gang walking away at the end and GNRFan commented about Nick being so far away from the group. The only answer I can think of is it was probably easier for George to walk with no one around him because of the limp. That way there is no way anyone could bump into him. If you notice any of the walking scenes last night Nick is away from the group.

Princess, I'll have to check my caps and see if they show anything. I do believe he was really leaning on the car during his little talk with Riley while she was getting the first aid kit.

He probably was, Susan. The poor guy can't even duck his head under the crime scene tape. I just hope he doesn't hurt himself more by waiting for the surgery you know?

When they showed him in the lab working on the hand print I thought to myself can't he be on a stool or something? Does he have to be standing?

I thought it was a good episode. Very different, but the same, you know?

I knew at the beginning it was just a training exercise, but I liked it.

I'm with everyone and that I'm shocked how much of Nick we saw. I was so happy! :)

The one scene, that for me, really showed how far Nick has come was after Ray and Riley were taken hostage. Nick was standing with Catherine and the SWAT guy and he said, something along the lines of, "time is one our side, I think we should wait..." and Catherine agreed with him. I swear he looked at her with a shocked look on his face. Like he was thinking 'she just agreed with me, she's the boss and thinks I'm right, wow, Grissom probably wouldn't have done that'. It's like he's come full circle in a way. He is not that young, naive boy from Texas anymore.

Officer Mitchell, you rock! Noticing the cameras and playing along. :bolian:

I, also, liked his concern for Riley and Ray and how he wanted to talk to Riley when she was coming out of the house. Nick and his protectiveness. :D

Now I hope he makes a decision about surgery soon (though he would probably wait until filming was done for the season), I just feel so bad for him. You can just tell he's in pain and I don't think he's getting much sleep either, because you can tell by the little bags under his eyes (ok, I'm just making an observation and not criticizing him :)). I really hope he feels better soon.

And he was looking so fine :drool: last night!

The one scene, that for me, really showed how far Nick has come was after Ray and Riley were taken hostage. Nick was standing with Catherine and the SWAT guy and he said, something along the lines of, "time is one our side, I think we should wait..." and Catherine agreed with him. I swear he looked at her with a shocked look on his face. Like he was thinking 'she just agreed with me, she's the boss and thinks I'm right, wow, Grissom probably wouldn't have done that'. It's like he's come full circle in a way. He is not that young, naive boy from Texas anymore.

Amen, speedy. I hope sometime before the season's over, Catherine's going to make a reccomendation to Ecklie or whomever (whoever?) that Nick be made assistant supervisor. Just like Cath earned and deserved the supervisor role when Grissom left, Nick has earned and deserves the promotion.

Princess, I'll have to check my caps and see if they show anything. I do believe he was really leaning on the car during his little talk with Riley while she was getting the first aid kit.
He probably was, Susan. The poor guy can't even duck his head under the crime scene tape. I just hope he doesn't hurt himself more by waiting for the surgery you know?

When they showed him in the lab working on the hand print I thought to myself can't he be on a stool or something? Does he have to be standing?

PrincessJ88...he was actually sitting in a chair in that scene,just went back to watch, I thought I saw a chair.

When a person has a herniated disc they have sciatic pain,usually down their legs and numbness in their legs,his heavy limp could be indicative of that,possibly. I really felt for him last night,especially walking underneath that crime scene tape and how he barely could bend to the side,leaning on the wall during the training session and the pole in the tent.... Kudos to George for Pushing Through It!

^ITA Princess, he's a trooper. But as I watch him walk so stiffly, I'm thinking, "Jesus buddy, get the surgery, don't suffer."

You're right, Nicksfriend, he was sitting. I went back and watched it again as well. I could just make out the back of a chair....I say for the rest of the season he just wheels himself around the lab in his desk chair and when he's out on call he can walk around

You're right, Nicksfriend, he was sitting. I went back and watched it again as well. I could just make out the back of a chair....I say for the rest of the season he just wheels himself around the lab in his desk chair and when he's out on call he can walk around

I have a better idea! Why don't we all go down to LA and volunteer to push im around in a wheelchair for the rest of the season!:guffaw:

Although, knowing me, I might have him popping wheelies cause I'm such a trouble maker!:devil::guffaw:

I have a better idea! Why don't we all go down to LA and volunteer to push im around in a wheelchair for the rest of the season!:guffaw:

Although, knowing me, I might have him popping wheelies cause I'm such a trouble maker!:devil::guffaw:

You know back in the old days of ER, the cast used to do that with the wheelchairs on set. Have races and do wheelies.

Ladies, I have a possible television appearance for our favorite Texan. Tonight on Entertainment Tonight they were showing a preview of Monday's show where they are going behind the scenes of a TV Guide photo shoot and I think I may have seen our guy. I think it's TV Guide's hot men an TV issue.

ETonline sometimes has things posted before it airs, so I'd suggest checking out their site as soon as you can Monday morning. Again, it looked like George but it was pretty fast.

Last edited:
Just to remind everyone, do check out Entertainment Tonight this evening. I just went and watched the preview of tonight's show and it does look like our gorgeous Texan is one of TV Guide's Sexiest Men on TV.....which we all knew anyway but....

It appears he's sitting in a chair with his shirt open for his picture.....:drool:

Just to remind everyone, do check out Entertainment Tonight this evening. I just went and watched the preview of tonight's show and it does look like our gorgeous Texan is one of TV Guide's Sexiest Men on TV.....which we all knew anyway but....

It appears he's sitting in a chair with his shirt open for his picture.....:drool:

Oh my gosh!:drool::drool::drool:

Oh lord, yes, someone, please ...:drool::drool::drool::drool: pass me the bucket..my cats are getting soaked..

^ITA Princess, he's a trooper. But as I watch him walk so stiffly, I'm thinking, "Jesus buddy, get the surgery, don't suffer."

The thing about surgery for herniated discs is that involves fusing the two vertebrae together. It's not fool-proof, it's very risky and even if it does work, it places limitations on his movement and that would be for the rest of his life. He wouldn't be able to swing his shoulders around fully, for example. You can imagine how this would impact the lifestyle of a guy like George, whose work tends to be physical, and it would also limit his body-building activities and I would guess make it a little more risky for him to do.

As it appears to be something he loves to do (bonus for us!) I'm sure he's not taking the decision lightly. It's a tough choice he's got to make. With time, fortitude, and a good chiropractor the disc can heal. It's just that in the interim, the pain is constant and I imagine horrendous.

But I agree, he's a trooper for pushing through it and doing his job - spectacularly, I might add! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back