George/Nick:Texan Charm #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early in Dec 2007, George was photographed in Hawaii with Monica Casey so the hiatus must start early December.

Yup, but the writers were on strike then, so it's hard to tell if that would've been a normal hiatus.

I would certainly hope his popularity would go up. He is a great actor.

I did what Smokey suggested and watch the scene with him walking in rain without the sound...she's right, very powerful. You can tell just what he's thinking by how he looks at Haley. Wow! :eek:

Early in Dec 2007, George was photographed in Hawaii with Monica Casey so the hiatus must start early December.

Yup, but the writers were on strike then, so it's hard to tell if that would've been a normal hiatus.

I did what Smokey suggested and watch the scene with him walking in rain without the sound...she's right, very powerful. You can tell just what he's thinking by how he looks at Haley. Wow! :eek:

Yeah, it was very powerful without the sound. It was very impact and the look he gave her was very intense as if he was thinking 'what happened!'

What struck me most in that scene was how his expression didn't change throughout it all. His mouth was fixed in a straight line the whole time, even when Super Dave was talking to him about the college fund.

So intense....so good....

What struck me most in that scene was how his expression didn't change throughout it all. His mouth was fixed in a straight line the whole time, even when Super Dave was talking to him about the college fund.

So intense....so good....

And he didn't crack a smile until the tenants next door started their "video taping" shall we say

When you watch that whole section, the rain just tells right off the bat what kind of mood Nick is in.

George gave a great performance in Turn, Turn, Turn. Not too many actors can convincingly cry on film and he did just that. Nice touch for writers to mention the fund for Warrick's kid, consistency is always welcomed. With all that has happened with Warrick followed by the departure of both Sarah and Grissom, one can take Nick's emotional breakdown at the end that everything has caught up to him and the current case was the final straw. There's only so much our Texan boy can take! Well, he needed an outlet sooner or later. I kept thinking throughout the whole episode how much in pain George was in with his back! :( Wish him all the best for a quick recovery whether he opts for surgery or not.

George gave a great performance in Turn, Turn, Turn. Not too many actors can convincingly cry on film and he did just that. Nice touch for writers to mention the fund for Warrick's kid, consistency is always welcomed. With all that has happened with Warrick followed by the departure of both Sarah and Grissom, one can take Nick's emotional breakdown at the end that everything has caught up to him and the current case was the final straw. There's only so much our Texan boy can take! Well, he needed an outlet sooner or later. I kept thinking throughout the whole episode how much in pain George was in with his back! :( Wish him all the best for a quick recovery whether he opts for surgery or not.

I know when George cries, I cry and I rarely cry at stuff on TV or in the movies.

Hi all,

I wanted to post a very belaited Happy Birthday to George, I havn't had time to come in here, but Happy Birthday Cutie!!

and then I read "NickNuts".... I wont even go there...

and what's this I here about My baby's back...is he ok?!

and yes him crying at then end was well...he is an amazing actor, I just love him :)

so until next time, Beltbuckles out!

SMW

People who watched Turn, Turn, Turn must have taken an interest in George, he's up 261% in popularity this week on www.imdb.com. And CSI went up 32%.

I think its fabulous for George! Here's my take of what happened: Lots of Taylor Swift fans of the demographic female, 13-21 watched CSI for the first time (well, probably not FIRST first time, but they are not regular viewers) and apart from seeing their idol Swift, they noticed the most prominent CSI of the episode, our very own GE, and thought, hey! this old guy (cos you know how teens think even people in their 30s are ancient) is pretty good-looking!

People who watched Turn, Turn, Turn must have taken an interest in George, he's up 261% in popularity this week on www.imdb.com. And CSI went up 32%.

I think its fabulous for George! Here's my take of what happened: Lots of Taylor Swift fans of the demographic female, 13-21 watched CSI for the first time (well, probably not FIRST first time, but they are not regular viewers) and apart from seeing their idol Swift, they noticed the most prominent CSI of the episode, our very own GE, and thought, hey! this old guy (cos you know how teens think even people in their 30s are ancient) is pretty good-looking!

I am in total agreement with you. I've been scoping some websites about Taylor Swift's appearance and the word is, "OMG that Nick guys is totally hot!":lol: and "OMG George Eads is so hot for an old guy!":guffaw:

Hey my daughter is eight and thinks George is good looking and has lots and lots and lots of muscles, but she can't marry him because he's so old by the time she's all grown up he'll be ancient.

Of course he's far from 'old' but when your between the ages of 8 and 16, 42 is ancient.

Last edited:
Score for George Eads! It never hurts to win over the next generation of female fans, what I like to call the Hannah-Montana demographic. Seriously, maybe someone in the biz can provide more details and explanations, but isn't this age-group a target for marketers? I'm seriously hoping this could lead to greater things fro George in CBS. Like, improve his Q score even more and stuff!

Seriously, maybe someone in the biz can provide more details and explanations, but isn't this age-group a target for marketers?

Absolutely. But for whatever reason, CBS has always leaned more towards shows that catered to...erm... a more mature audience. 60 Minutes, Touched By An Angel, Murder She Wrote, Ghost, Walker Texas Ranger, Numb3rs, The Unit, NCIS, The Mentalist, all three CSI's, etc. While these shows may have some younger fans, none of them are truly geared towards the tweens/college age/twenty something demographic.

I was very pleasantly surprised with the amount of Nick we had last night. I truly wasn't expecting any Nick after last week's Nickisode.

You could see that George was still in a lot of pain with the way he was moving. Oh well George you're doing your fans proud to still be going out there and doing your job.

Now we have the March Madness Break :brickwall: and no new George for 3 weeks :scream: I hate this time of year more so than the summer break. Small rant over with :)

There was one scene where I swear he was leaning up against the pole for the pop up canopy...which probably wasn't all that sturdy.

Loved that Nick and Cath had such faith in their people to get out of the situation safely and would find a way to take charge.

And loved the high necked jacket that George was wearing...very snazzy

I was just watching it again as I have my choice of bad (overly dark screen :() and worse (anywhere between 1 to 5 inches of the screen dropping down :() on tv's to watch right now. That was a lot more Nick than I was expecting after last week. :)

He seemed to do a lot with looks and not much in the way of words. (I think Nick has gotten a lot quieter since Warrick's death.)

I liked the fact that he had firm belief that Riley was going to be able to do something to get her and Ray out safely.

Princess, I'll have to check my caps and see if they show anything. I do believe he was really leaning on the car during his little talk with Riley while she was getting the first aid kit.

I do feel sorry for George. Every time they show him walking away I can notice him limping easily. It's just painful to watch now that you know he's hurting. :(

As for other stuff - Lots of good butt shots last night! :thumbsup: :devil: And I even got some nice chocolate. :lol:

Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back