Flack #6 - Your Handcuffs or Mine??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Flack #6 - Your Handcuffs or mine?

I don't think that Flack would ever do that to Danny by going after Lindsay. Hopefully she can work things out though and start going out with him though.

^^^ That pic super gorgeous. I just want to rip that shirt right of him and ........ I think I better stop now.

^I don't think there is any other word to describe him that is spot-on as GORGEOUS! :D

Especially if all of us are any indication that line would be really long.
I'm with you there!

TPTB has been withholding information from us for the longest time. The closest thing we have to Flack's family is the mention of his father. I mean, he get's into a coma and there is not even a peep about his family. Weird. TPTP keep on forgetting these little big things.

While I do wish Flack would get meatier storylines, the fact that his love life isn't mentioned suits me just fine. More room for dreaming and fanplaying.

I do wish we'd seen more about his parents in COTP. It boggles my mind that neither parent could seemingly be arsed to sit at the bedside of their critically-injured son. It was disgusting, frankly, though it did add to the pathos of the situation. I kept thinking about him lying there all alone, with no one to talk to him or at least hold his hand. Poor baby.

7x09_The_One_with_All_the_Candy_000.jpg

I love posting pictures! Especially of this guy!

While I do wish Flack would get meatier storylines, the fact that his love life isn't mentioned suits me just fine. More room for dreaming and fanplaying.
I agree with you there. I don't want Flack to get major screentime just because he's got a love life. ;) I want to see more of him with his YMCA kids, more of him dealing with family issues, more of him trying to get out of the shadow a famous father throws over you. :)

I think the writers probably didn't realize we'd be so upset to see Flack alone in "CoTP"--the ending was all about Mac, and they must have thought we wouldn't consider why his friend left or why his family is nowhere to be seen. Maybe they didn't realize just how popular of a character Don was. ;) Now they can't be in any doubt though. :lol:

I agree with you there. I don't want Flack to get major screentime just because he's got a love life. I want to see more of him with his YMCA kids, more of him dealing with family issues, more of him trying to get out of the shadow a famous father throws over you.

Absolutely. But you've got to admit it'd be amusing to see F;ack have a fit of righteous parking-lot cop rage over some nitwit blocking access to the handicapped ramp outside his building;) The NY accent would go through the roof.

I think the writers probably didn't realize we'd be so upset to see Flack alone in "CoTP"--the ending was all about Mac, and they must have thought we wouldn't consider why his friend left or why his family is nowhere to be seen. Maybe they didn't realize just how popular of a character Don was. Now they can't be in any doubt though.

I still have no idea why they chose to have Mac be the one holding vigil over him at the end aside from the fact they they were trying to shoehorn Mac angst into what should have been major Flack drama. It should have been Danny or Stella in there, and there should have been *some* mention of his family.

They probably utilized Flack as a means to an end in that episode, a way to show Mac!angst rather than actually using him as a real character. :( I didn't get the feeling it was really about Flack at all in that episode. There was the necessary "oh, how's our coworker/maybe-friend? Alive, good. *goes about business*," but no sense that it was really about Flack. He just sort of laid there the whole time. The emotional scene with Mac photographing him seemed very much about how Mac was reacting to the situation, moreso that it was about Flack being just-this-side-of-death's-door. And the hand-squeeze was all about Mac, about him not losing a guy again. Don't get me wrong, Mac's the lead character and I don't begrudge the writers the chance to explore and develop him, but did Don have to get his stomach blown open to show that Mac can save someone? Did he have to almost die to show that Mac still had issues? It was a good show, but in terms of Flack's development it comes up short.

Flack getting pissy over some dumbass blocking the ramp would be classic. :lol: Major stuff is fun, but we definitely also need lots of little scenes that don't have much dialogue but still tell us big things about who Don is. ;)

"Get the hell out of the way, I says!"

I actually felt sorry for Eddie Cahill after that episode. Yes, I know Gary Sinise is the stud of the show, as Zuiker points out, but was there any need to blow Flack open, thus necessitating hours of bloodbag application and twitching for Cahill? A bonk on the head by a chunk of falling concrete would have achieved the same coma.

I like Mac, and I do want to know what makes him tick, but the entire conclusion of COTP was a miserable debacle. It should not have been all about Mac's OMGtrauma. Mac and Flack had a cordial relationship before COTP, but I'm sorry, I don't buy that the explosion suddenly made them bonded BFF. I know, I know... Shared experience, but it was utter BS that Mac was suddenly the only one affected by Flack's condition, and even then, it seemed to be less about the fact that Flack was dying and more about the reminders of Mac's past. The whole thing was distasteful. Sorry, Mac, but Flack was the one who got blown up. It's not about you. Gah. /rant.

When I learned that it was Flack who'd be hurt, I figured he'd be a central part of the episode--I didn't think that meant he'd be a central piece of human furniture in various scenes serving as the backdrop for Mac's character info.

The fact that Don's injuries were so severe kind of pisses me off after this season has begun--if they never planned on having him go through serious rehab or even have lasting effects, blowing a hole in his stomach and shooting pieces of cell-phone and other random debris up there was overkill, wasn't it? :rolleyes: There are ways to almost-die without that, and I doubt that he'd be running and taking a perp down in every damn episode if they'd kept with that continuity. A bonk on the head like you said, or internal bleeding that was serious because they didn't get him out immediately, etc. I could have suspended disbelief a lot more with those types of injuries than when they make a point of putting a gaping hole there. It was made severe for shock value, but they apparently didn't consider how they'd deal with it later (or how we'd expect them to deal with it).

I agree with you about Mac, La Guera--he's an intriguing character, he's got secrets that would be fascinating to learn, but that was poorly done. Hell, I'm not even going to get into the overuse of schizophrenia in these types of shows or what I thought was a lame scene with him talking Lessing down (since this is a Flack thread and not a episode grading thread). I can believe that he would be concerned for Flack, but no more so than the other characters should have been. Flack had been there for Stella not two episodes before, helping her ease her way through painful memories to figure out just what happened with Frankie. He's was there for Danny during "Run Silent, Run Deep" in the hospital (I'm sure he had places he should have been, work he should have been doing, instead of staying at the hospital with Danny). Hawkes and Lindsay had little interaction with him, so I could understand them not being really concerned, but to see Danny glance in once and ask for a phone call if he woke up (yeah, you should be there, dumbass) and for Stella to only stay for Mac's benefit...that was harsh. If the writers really ran with it, that would be some seriously intense angst there, Flack realizing that these people he puts his life on the line with every day didn't value his life as strongly...

The least they can do for Flack (in the direction of meatier storylines) is maybe giving him a medal of something. They can also see that as in introduction for Daddy Flack... Jr gets a medal, so Sr is there front and center with him for a frontpage picture in NY Times -- or something to that effect.

Subtle Flack scenes are priceless parts of the show -- apart from his ties and shirts. hahahah! One of my ultimate faves is "Out of the limo, I sez!" Hahahah... he says that as if nobody's business!

He does have more interactions with Hawkes than with Lindsey. Don's with Sheldon whenever he's out on solo cases. As for Lindsey -- well, nada.

Flack had been there for Stella not two episodes before, helping her ease her way through painful memories to figure out just what happened with Frankie. He's was there for Danny during "Run Silent, Run Deep" in the hospital (I'm sure he had places he should have been, work he should have been doing, instead of staying at the hospital with Danny). Hawkes and Lindsay had little interaction with him, so I could understand them not being really concerned, but to see Danny glance in once and ask for a phone call if he woke up (yeah, you should be there, dumbass) and for Stella to only stay for Mac's benefit...that was harsh. If the writers really ran with it, that would be some seriously intense angst there, Flack realizing that these people he puts his life on the line with every day didn't value his life as strongly...

That totally cheesed my cracker. When last we saw poor Flack, he's Mac's self-pity prop, and now it's all hunky-dory, and he apparently has no problem with the fact that his best friend behaved like a giant douche squirt and just left him there to ride home with Lindsay.

I didn't expect Flack to throw a temper tantrum or huddle in the corner, weeping o'er his woes, but I did expect to see hurt and anger, maybe a strained coldness between him and Danny that led to a spat when Danny finally demanded to know what was up. I expected temporary fatigue, soreness, him bristling over being put on half-shift. Anything but nothing.

The sheer ineptitude of the way his supposed trauma has been handled thusfar makes my bum twitch.

^ Twitchy bums abound amongst the Flack fans, I think.

I thought they'd use his recovery as a plot point at the beginning of the season--he wants everything to be the way it was and everyone else is telling him to take it easy. Maybe he tries to push himself and ends up letting a perp get away because of his choices or something. *shrug* Something to acknowledge that yeah, you know, Flack getting blown up had an effect on Flack, not just Mac.

I'm glad that Danny and Flack are still friends, because I like their interaction, but there should have been something there, some indication that Danny came back and was there for him, or that Flack was pissed that he didn't. It's another of those cases where the writers expect us to make assumptions that they should take care of.

Chaos, I thought about the medal thing during the hiatus, wondering if they'd give him one and how that might play out onscreen. I definitely think it would be an interesting possibility, especially if they used it to expand on the Jr/Sr relationship.

Maybe they should use Flack's 'recovery' as kind of like a soft spot for him. We've seen him as this by-the-book, hardcore NYPD cop -- opposite of Danny, being the righteous drama queen.

As for expanding the Jr/Sr relationship -- yeah, they should explore that possibility.

I agree completely about how Flack was used in CoTP. Mac kind of bores me much of the time, and I honestly wasn't that interested in his issues. I think if they wanted to have a major Mac episode like that, Stella or Danny should have been the one hurt. Mac has shown an emotional investment in both of them that he just doesn't seem to have in the others, especially Flack, who isn't even a member of his team. I did feel like CoTP was more about Mac's issues than it was about his bond with Flack or Flack himself.

Despite the show centered around Mac, I don't find his character very intriguing. I like how Flack seems to care so much about his co-workers like with Stella in All Access and how easy, he talks to them. Even with Lindsay, who he's not especially close to, he seems to be in ease. We see that through CoTP at the beginning when he teases her about the fairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back