"Ficlets" about CSI: LV - Give me suggestions!

Could you make a fic that is YoBling and sandles and have it so that they are all competing in some sort of competition (you can choose what kind)? :)

Alright AmandaSzmanda, after figuring out what the mascots mean, and that CSX means Sofia/Greg, I got ready to write the ficlet. I hope you like it. It's not nearly as wacky as you might think. :p

Greg managed to get a case of his own. Actually, he was paired with Warrick but he left him to handle the scene alone. Besides, Greg had Sofia with him, so he figured he would be okay by himself.

“Well, this guy had quite a watch collection,” he picked up an old fashioned, gold hand watch on a chain.
“Interesting. I guess everyone has their little quirky hobbies.”
Greg looked up at her, wondering if she had any quirks to speak of.
“What are yours?”
“What?” The blonde detective was already scanning the window.
“Quirky hobbies? What are they?”
She turned to him and smiled, “You tell me yours, and I’ll tell you mine.”
He let out a laugh, “I have plenty. I scuba dive, examine skin cells for fun, listen to Manson... I’ve don’t have any collections, per say.”
She pondered his admission, “Well, I used to talk when I processed as a CSI. I guess some might find it a ‘quirk’ of sort.”
“It doesn’t sound odd.” He bagged a watch with a suspicious scratch.
“Yeah well…”
She turned away and spotted a car pulling in.
“Looks like we’ve got company.”
Sofia pulled out her gun and walked outside to meet the would-be suspect and owner of the watch collection.

“Woah, there. I’m just here visiting my uncle!” The young man got out of his dark blue Ferrari.
Greg ran out to see what was going on. He was about to ask where his uncle was, when the car caught his attention.
“You own that spider Ferrari? Awesome!”
“Greg,” Sofia shot him a look.
“It’s brand new. I got it two weeks ago. Where’s my uncle?” The man asked.
“He’s not here. We were hoping you knew where he was.” Sofia finally put the gun away and took a look at the car.
Greg followed her gaze and they spotted two small silver watches in the backseat. They looked like they had blood on them.

“Sir, we’ll need you to come down and give us a statement.”

~~~~~~~
After impounding the spider Ferrari, and questioning the young man, Greg met up with Sofia to get an update on what happened in the interrogation.

“He says he doesn’t know how the blood got there.” She handed him a written statement.
Sofia continued as she followed him to the garage.
“And since he gave us an alibi, we’ll have to let him go.”
But the car stays here. I found a few drops of blood on the back seat.”
“He’s gonna freak out when I tell him that.”
“What are you planning to say,” Greg asked.
“He can take a train.”

Shift was nearly over and Greg determined that the blood was not from the driver, his uncle or the victim from their case. He had no other means of comparison; all he knew was that it was human.
“Any luck?” Sofia stopped by the lab, where he was currently holed up.
“Nothing to compare it to. I’ll just leave it to Warrick and leave early.”
Greg pulled off his gloves and made his way to the locker room. Sofia followed close behind.
“Going to your apartment?”
“Wanna join me?” he joked.
“I have nothing better to do… and we can review a few things.” She sounded casual.
“Sounds good. I wish we could take that Ferrari. I would look great behind the wheel.”
Sofia smiled at his enthusiasm over the car. 'Boys will be boys…'

They got to his car, and Sofia asked, “You driving?”
“Yep.” He got into the drivers seat.
“For what it’s worth, you look good even without the Ferrari.”
Greg raised an eyebrow and smiled, looking flattered and smug at the same time.
She reached over to turn on the radio, tuning to some kind of 'Rock' radio station.

‘This is 94.7, the classic Rock station…’

Greg looked over as if to protest.
“You drive, and I get to pick the radio station. It’s only fair.” Sofia looked smiled cheerfully.

Some of the mascots were only mentioned, but I figured it would be more believable that way. I hope I got the radio station right. I’m sure I did, but maybe the intro (for those who actually listen to it) was a bit off. Up next, Sandles21 requested a yobling and sandles combo. Should be good.
Remember to leave all comments, suggestions, watches, radio stations, etc. right here. ;)

It may not have been wacky, but it was still good. I love it.

New challenge: (Are you ready, this one is really out of it, but I got new meds that make me loopy (They are suppose to help me sleep, but they don't))
Can be anything but GSR, heck doesn't even have to be shippy (Though Sandles would work good *hint hint*).
Must include "I hate trash day", "You smell", "Sort of like death" (In no particular order)
Someone must have a big stain on their shirt from taking out the trash.
(Completely and utterly random, not to me. It's trash day here)

Hooray for no more finals!
Thumbsup.gif
I will be able to work on the ficlets and this other thing... but anyway, Sandles21, I responded with this ficlet. This is for yobling shippers and sandle shippers. I hope you all like it. :)

“You’re going down, Sanders.”
“I don’t think so.”
Greg and Warrick were currently engaged in a battle of wits… sort of.

It was a nice, sunny day, and Catherine and Sara dragged their men over for a walk in the park. They didn’t plan on meeting up, it was just a coincidence. Catherine wanted to bring Lindsey, but she was hanging out with some friends.
After pleasantries were exchanged, the women got started on a conversation. Greg and Warrick looked on, not knowing what to say - until Greg saw the chess set in Catherine’s hand bag.
“Does Catherine play chess?”
Warrick scoffed lightly, “Nah. I’ve been teaching her how to play. We were going to go over some moves today.”
Greg sensed his boasting and his demeanor quickly shifted, “Are you any good?”
“You kidding? This was my game back in high school. No one could beat me.”
Greg cracked his knuckles, “Until now.”
Warrick didn’t miss the challenge.
“I don‘t think I heard you right…”
“I was chess champ in my high school days,” Greg elaborated, “And I think I could take you.”
“Oh no you didn’t! It’s on.”

And that was how the two women found themselves front and center to a battle of wits, and testosterone. Well, as much testosterone as you can get in a chess match.

“Knight to bishop…”
Every single move took forever and the ladies were nearly bored to tears.
“If this doesn’t end in five minutes, I’m taking that chess board and getting out of here. I mean it!” Catherine threatened.
“Alright. Don’t worry. This won’t take long,” Warrick seemed confident.
“Come one, Greg. Just quit. What’s one little match?” Sara poked him, knowing it would irritate him.
“My honor’s at stake!”
“Your honor? It’s a chess game. Little kids pay this for fun.” She disparaged.
Warrick made his move, and turned to Sara, “Gotta agree with him. You don’t mess with a man’s honor.”
“Three minutes!” Catherine yelled.
“Checkmate!”
“What?!”
“I won!”
“It was a fluke! Your girlfriend distracted me.”

Greg got up and pumped his fist in the air. Sara rolled her eyes. One would think he scored a touch down or won a gold medal.
“Thanks for the distraction, Sar.”
She gaped at him, “What? No! I…”
She explained herself to a fuming Warrick, “I did not distract you on purpose. Don’t look at me like that!”
“Re-match.” Warrick said simply.
“No!” Catherine and Sara cried out at the same time.
“We can play doubles. Sara and me vs. you and Cath.” Greg tried to appease the irritated women.
“Well that’s not fair. Catherine’s a beginner, how long has Sara played?”
Catherine nudged him hard when he called her a beginner. Bleh.

“Not much,” She replied. “I’m okay, but not an expert.”
She sat down beside Greg and Catherine joined Warrick on the opposite side.
“Alright. No distractions. Now, let’s do this thing.”

It was an intense game that lasted a good two hours. It garnered a few onlookers who stopped by, offering some advice and the occasional impressed look. They each took a turn, and the women, despite being novices, were surprisingly more competitive.
“We got you. Two turns at most, Willows.”
The older woman smiled smugly and moved her rook, “We’ll see about that, Sidle. Take that!”
“What? Oh come one… how did I not see that?” Sara sulked.
“You left your queen wide open.” Greg taunted his chess adversary.
“Maybe it’s part of my strategy.” Warrick was steady in his resolve.
Greg made his move and Warrick saw his chance.
“Check and mate! Ha ha! How you like me now?” Warrick got up and grabbed Catherine.
They both laughed and shared a victory kiss.

“Good game.” Sara got up and extended her hand to Catherine.
She looked at her, surprised how well Sara was taking the loss.
“Thanks Sara. If it helps, the game was close and you put up one hell of a fight.”
She shrugged, “Well, we all have our things. If it had been poker, I know I could’ve gotten you there.” she laughed.
“Yeah… wait! You think you can beat me at poker? Growing up, I was known as the queen of poker!”
It was Sara’s turn to boast, “Well, I can dethrone you. I never lost a hand, and let’s just say, college tuition was easier to pay with my winnings.”
With a gleam in her eye, Catherine issued the challenge, “Come over to my house and we’ll see who’s the true poker queen.”
“I won’t go easy on you!”

The two men looked at each other and shrugged. It was going to be a long day.

I have never played chess in my life. Does it show? :lol: I hope this competition was amusing at least. I know I’ve always wanted to see Warrick and Greg play a chess match. They're both probably very good. :D
Oh! I got two requests! I'll get right on them.

2 questions
1. can I request a ficlet? (these are so cute)

if the answer is yes

2. Can I request a CSI NY ficlet? (Mac/Lindsay)

Luveykat I’m glad you like the ficlets, and anyone can request them! BUT I don’t watch CSI NY… :( I’m sorry! I remember SaraSidleStokes suggested a cross over with Las Vegas (Nick/Sara) and New York (Danny/Lindsey). I had the New York couple make a quick cameo, so if you’d like, I can try and do that for you. :D

Well, here’s a new lady Heather/Grissom ficlet. Hopefully, I didn’t make you wait too long. ;) Catherinesmyidol, I hope you like what came out.

He drove up to the large house with his suitcase in tow. Rather than have her move into his “hermetically sealed” town house, she invited him to move into her dominion.

At first, he was hesitant, she lived where she worked, and while he could understand that, he was uneasy about living in a dominion for sexual fetishes.
“There won’t be nearly as much sexual behavior as going on as you may think.” She reassured him, when he voiced his concerns.

Now that he walked inside, he noticed that the house looked quite normal. There were no screams or moans. It was a very lovely, home.
“Gil. Glad you made it in one piece.” Heather walked out and greeted him with open arms.
He set down his bag and wrapped his arms around her.
“Yes, well, no matter what, this is our new home and we can make it work.”
“You only have one bag.” She noted.
“I don’t have very many, personal items.”
She nodded and started to take his suitcases.
“Wait, you don’t have to get that.”
“Nonsense, you’re the guest.”
“No,” he corrected, “I live here now. I can carry my own bag to my room.”
“Our room,” She smiled.

The evening brought a new atmosphere. Despite the fact that their room was far away from the ‘action’ he still felt a little confused. He wasn’t opposed to it or anything, but it was an odd situation, to say the least.

The bed was lush and comfortable, almost too comfortable to sit and read in. He heard the door creak open and glanced up. The outfit Lady Heather was wearing definitely warranted a second look.
She had a beautiful, navy blue two piece bathing suit that contrasted against her pale skin.
Grissom was speechless.
“Hope you brought some trunks.”
“You mean a bathing suit?” He put aside his book.
“I was hoping you’d join me for a dip in the pool,” She purred.
“I don’t think I even own ‘swimming trunks.’”
She walked over and rummaged through her dresser. Surely she wasn’t expecting to find something suitable for him to wear…
“Here you go,” She lightly tossed him a red speedo that left nothing to the imagination.
“I don’t think I’d be comfortable wearing that.” He inspected the little fabric.
She swung her head back and laughed, “You have nothing to hide. I’ve seen everything.” Heather headed for the door, “You can either wear that, or go commando.”
With a wink she disappeared.

Grissom slipped into the bright red garment, wrapping a bath towel to offer some kind of shield from any unwanted eyes. In the backyard, he saw the lit pool, but Heather was no where to be seen.
“Heather? Are you out here?”
He walked over to the edge, looking into the clear, blue water. It looked a bit cold, and since Heather wasn’t there, he opted to wait for her. Maybe she was in the bathroom or tending to something else.

Suddenly, he felt two hands behind him and before he knew it, his momentum shifted and he fell into the chilly water with a huge splash.
After sputtering, and looking up at the culprit - who else but the ravishing dominatrix - he couldn’t help but grimace.
“You nearly scared me half to death!” He sighed, and looked over at the floating towel a few feet beside him.
“Was that really necessary? With my towel and everything?”
She just giggled and jumped into the pool.
Another wave splashed onto his head and she swam over to wrap her arms around him.
“Sorry. I didn’t mean to catch you off guard.”
He sighed, shaking his head, “It’s okay, but next time, give me some kind of warning.”
“You know, I really thought you were going to go commando.”
He shrugged, “We’ll see.”

You can fill in the blanks from there. ;) AmandaSzamanda's challenge will be next, then I'll see what Luveykat says, then there's a GSR request... I'll be busy. :lol: Please leave all feedback and such right here.

Alright AmandaSzmanda, how about a Greg/Sara friendship ficlet? May I just go on record, that trash day is awful. Taking out the trash and everything… I respect ‘Garbage men’ for that! :cool: Well, here ya go, quite literally, a ‘trashy’ ficlet! :lol:

He drove over to Sara’s apartment, planning to make a quick stop to pick up a book. Sara promised to lend him her one of her favorite forensic books, and he was happy to borrow it. When he rang her doorbell, he didn’t realize he came at a potentially bad time.

“Greg? What do you want?”
Her hair was tied back in a messy pony tail, she was wearing grey sweat pants and a white, cotton shirt. She was pink-faced and sweating. Sara did not look very happy to see him.
“Huh? Well, you said you were going to lend me that forensics book…?”
“Oh yeah,” she wiped her brow and smiled apologetically, “That was today?”
She invited him inside, trying to explain her ‘shabby’ appearance.
“Sorry about this, I was doing some spring cleaning, plus today is trash day so I have to haul three full bags downstairs.” She made a face.
“It’s okay. Can I help?”
She tossed him a bag.
“Carry this downstairs and set it on the curb.”
“What about the book?”
But she already started outside. He sighed and followed her, keeping the bag at arm’s length. He was never one to deny Sara any kind of help, but he couldn’t help but wonder that she was sort of taking advantage of his kindness.

The flushed brunette seemed to be fumbling with her bags; she obviously had the heavier two, which made Greg feel bad, and possibly a little less than masculine.
When she finally got to the curb, she heaved the bags down, not realizing the potential splatter that would result.
She didn’t see the splotch on her shirt, and he tried to ignore it. However, he couldn’t ignore the terrible smell that came from the bags and by extension, Sara - he blurted it out without thinking.
“You smell,” Greg said bluntly.
If looks could kill…
“Well I’m holding a freaking garbage bag, what did you expect me to smell like?”
“I don’t know… it’s just you smell sort of like…” He was feeling less brave at the current anger on the brunette’s face.
“Sort of like what!?”
“Sort of like death.” He ducked as she flung a can from the bag.
“I’m sorry, it slipped out!” he tried to explain.

Sara started to walk back upstairs when she caught her reflection in the lobby mirror.
She looked down in horror - an ugly yellowish, brown stain formed on her favorite white cotton shirt. Why her!?

Letting out a short, piercing shriek, she rushed upstairs and stalked back inside, leaving a bewildered, yet amused Greg at her door step..
‘Should I check on her…?’ He quickly determined he didn’t want to be on the wrong end of a head lock.
But after a few minutes, he finally decided to venture into her apartment… after all, he still wanted the book.

“Sara, I’m seriously sorry about what happened. Can I do anything for you? I promise I won’t complain - I could help you clean!”
He didn’t see her in the living room, which should have tipped him off that he should probably leave. But he just walked over to her hall way.

Unfortunately for him, Sara walked out of her bedroom with a clean shirt - in her hand. She was livid.
“What the hell are you doing here!? Her hand flew up to her chest, the only fabric covering it up being her pink bra..
“DAMN! I didn‘t mean to-”
He ducked again and rushed outside. At least she flung the book he wanted.

As she hurriedly put on a new shirt, Sara huffed, “I hate trash day.”

Heh... poor Sara. :D But I hope the fic was amusing at least. I know I was trying to think about what I would do if I were in her shoes.
What's next? Well, I'll have to PM Luveykat about her suggestion, and I'll PM GSRFan4Life fpr specifics. :)

But I hope the fic was amusing at least

It was (And we know Greg liked it).

New challenge.
Must be along the lines of thissong
Can not include the song directly.
Must mention a Cherry Tree, a Raven, a Pineapple, Bon Jovi, Charlie Brown, and Jane Erye (Why, I don't quite know myself)
Must be between two of the main cast, though you can mention others.

Luveykat has asked for a Catherine/Warrick ficlet with a side order of Mac/Lindsay. ;) So I wrote this up, and I hope she likes it.

“Gorgeous night, huh?”
“How can it not be? Especially when I have a gorgeous women by my side.”
Catherine blushed and leaned into Warrick. They were enjoying their night off, celebrating their six-month anniversary.

Earlier, they debated what they would do on their night off. Since it coincided with ther anniversary, they decided it had to be special.
Catherine sent her daughter to spend the night with her grandmother, and offered Warrick to come spend the night at her place.
“Cath, I want to do something different tonight,” he explained after rejecting her offer.
“We live in Sin City, baby. The whole world is at our hands.”
“We’re not going to get a quickie marriage or go to a strip club, are we?” She was apprehensive. They knew all too well what some people did when they took advantage of the Vegas attitude.
“No. I think I’ve got something…”

Warrick promised her a true Vegas experience, and Catherine dressed up for the occasion. With a sparkly, blue top and a long, satin black skirt, she was ready to paint the town red.

Their first stop was dinner. They went to the Eiffel Tower restaurant. She felt like they were truly in Paris. Though a few of the prices were a bit hard to swallow. But it was all worth it after taking the in the view.
After taking in a lovely dinner, Warrick took her to see a show. She wasn’t expecting the Cirque du Soleil. The costumes alone were amazing. She was completely blown away by the whole evening, and she could never thank him enough for it.

Nearing midnight, Catherine just enjoyed walking down the street holding on to the guy of her dreams.
“Here we are.”
“At the Bellagio fountain?”
“Yeah, I know it’s cheesy, but I figured why not.” Warrick took her over to get a glimpse of the spurting fountains.
“Looks like we’re just in time.”
She gazed on, taking in the theatrical combination of music, water and light. It was one of those little touches of Vegas magic that she never got tired of.
“It’s good to live in Vegas, especially when I have a man who really brings out the magic I‘ve always missed,” she murmured.
He turned to her and planted a long kiss on her lips.
“Happy anniversary, Cath.”
She blinked a few times, a so smile on her face.
“Happy anniversary, ‘Rick.”

A few feet off, a certain New York couple was passing by the same fountains.
“Beautiful, huh?”
The sandy haired woman turned to look at her companion, wondering if he would accompany the statement with some kind of cheesy line.
“What?”
“Nothing,” she smiled. “I agree. It’s really nice.”
He led her away, carefully weaving through the crowds. He became an expert at avoiding tourists in Manhattan.
“I’m glad you packed that lovely little turquoise dress I liked.”
She grinned at him, “You did promise me a show.”
“Well, I can safely say tonight we’ll have quite a show.” Mac Taylor walked along the Vegas strip, glad to be visiting the exciting city.
Lindsay turned to him and exclaimed, “All I can say, is that this sure does beat the opera!”
He chuckled and wrapped an arm around her.

Browsed the Mac/Lindsey thread for that Opera line. :lol: And I thank you in advance for any feedback that's left right here. Up next, a GSR ficlet!
(Which reminds me that I'm currently working on a Grissom/Sara/Greg love triangle fic. Anyone who's interested is encouraged to check it out! :cool:)

Back