Favorite Quotes

Here's a Sara/Greg exchange from "Down the Drain" that cracked me up.

Sara: I heard you finally lost your virginity. (Greg looks at her funny)
Your first autopsy. How did it go?

Greg: It was okay. How about your first time? How did you react?

Sara: I puked.

Greg: I didn't puke.

Sara: Way to go, tough guy.

:lol:

Related to that one, from Swap Meet Greg's giving Mia the bags with all the condoms and sex toy they took from the house...

Greg:
Sort of reminds me of college.

Mia:
Really? Sara said you didn't lose your virginity until you were 22.

Greg:
???

(Didn't Greg tell Sara he didn't lose his V-card until he was like 22 in that scene from Down the Drain? IIRC he did. )

Yeah, I think she asked him how old he was when did lose his actual virginity and he said 22. He didn't seem embarassed about it or anything. He was kind like "big deal". :lol: Cute scene. :)

About the Mia scene, I didn't like that she said that to him. It seemed kind of nasty on her part. But, then again I don't like that Sara told her that either. It wasn't any of Mia's business and it wasn't Sara's place to tell anyone that either. It just kinda bugged me. :lol: I don't know what Sara's motivation was. maybe she told Mia that thinking maybe Mia would be impressed that he waited that long and would maybe go out with him or something.

But, Mia saying that bugged me to no end. It seemed kind of snarky the way she said it... like she was demeaning him for it or rather making fun of him for it. Personally, I found it refreshing. To me, it would be like well, that probably means he's slept with less people than he would have most likely if he'd started out at 16 or 18... Cause this was Season 5. Greg is 32 now or maybe 33. So, 3 and a half seasons ago, he would have still been in his twenties.

He was probably like "huh?" in that scene cause the loss of his virginity had nothing to do with the case at all. There was no reason for Mia to bring that up.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think she asked him how old he was when did lose his actual virginity and he said 22. He didn't seem embarassed about it or anything. He was kind like "big deal". :lol: Cute scene. :)

About the Mia scene, I didn't like that she said that to him. It seemed kind of nasty on her part. But, then again I don't like that Sara told her that either. It wasn't any of Mia's business and it wasn't Sara's place to tell anyone that either. It just kinda bugged me. :lol: I don't know what Sara's motivation was. maybe she told Mia that thinking maybe Mia would be impressed that he waited that long and would maybe go out with him or something.

Or, she may have been sharing to try and make her feel comfortable with the team/Greg. She did seem a bit uncomfortable/awkward and just a touch germophobic at the beginning of Season 5. Still, that was not cool for Sara to do.

But, Mia saying that bugged me to no end. It seemed kind of snarky the way she said it... like she was demeaning him for it or rather making fun of him for it. Personally, I found it refreshing. To me, it would be like well, that probably means he's slept with less people than he would have most likely if he'd started out at 16 or 18... Cause this was Season 5. Greg is 32 now or maybe 33. So, 3 and a half seasons ago, he would have still been in his twenties.

He was probably like "huh?" in that scene cause the loss of his virginity had nothing to do with the case at all. There was no reason for Mia to bring that up.

Yeah, it did come across in a very snarky and slightly demeaning way. Like he's somehow "Less Than" because he's not a big old stud who was sleeping around in college.

BTW, according to the character bio, Greg was born in 1975. CSI started in 2000. That would have made him 25 when he first appeared on the show, meaning he'd have only lost his Virginity 3 years before hand. That would likely indicate that he hadn't been sleeping around, unless he was a bit of a slut trying to make up for lost time, but that doesn't seem like Greg to me.

I do agree that there was not a reason for Mia to bring that up, other than to be mean. IMO it was really unfair, especially because Greg had been so nice to her up until that point.

BTW, according to the character bio, Greg was born in 1975. CSI started in 2000. That would have made him 25 when he first appeared on the show, meaning he'd have only lost his Virginity 3 years before hand. That would likely indicate that he hadn't been sleeping around, unless he was a bit of a slut trying to make up for lost time, but that doesn't seem like Greg to me.

Yeah. He was always saying something about how he checked a girl's dna or something to see if they'd be compatiable with making a kid or something. He was a bit of a flirt, but not a slut. :lol: But, I think the fact that he hadn't been with that many women is really sweet. It would mean that there wouldn't be that many women I'd have to worry about being compared to in that manner... you know? :lol:

I do agree that there was not a reason for Mia to bring that up, other than to be mean. IMO it was really unfair, especially because Greg had been so nice to her up until that point.

Yeah, I know. I don't think he flirted with her anymore after that. :lol: I think the whole "I don't eat birthday cake... blowing out the candles..." scene was before this, but I"m not sure. Cause I think he asked her if she wanted to grab a bite to eat somewhere with him and she said she doesn't eat out cause of expectorant.

Okay, I'm obviously going completely nuts here... I've seen every episode of CSI (seasons 1-7 more than twice) and I've never heard Greg saying when he lost his virginity! I saw the ep when Mia mentioned it but I swear I have never, ever heard Greg himself saying it. Could you please put me out of my misery and tell me which part of Down The Drain this was?!

Well, I thought the scene was there, but I just read the transcript for that ep and it's not there... but then again, those transcripts cut out most of that bomb squad guy's convo with Griss. Where he said "only one thing you need to worry about. If you ever see me running try to catch up." That part isn't even in the transcript. It just has Grissom saying "Hey, Rick watch your step." (the guy's name is Rick Dyrst or something like that) and then Warrick comes in, says something to them and then leaves. Then Rick opens the fridge sees the liquid explosives and tells Griss to get out now. So, they may have cut the Sara/Greg virginity talk out of the transcript too. ==

Here are some quotes from "Harvest":

Grissom (to pediphile suspect Marlon Waylord): How does a six year old act hot?

Greg: I'm smiling on the inside.

Brass (to Alicia Perez's father): You're her father, you dumb bastard! You're supposed to protect her!

Last edited:
I think that Greg said that as an aside when Sara was asking him about the autopsy. Something like she asked him if he was expecting a ball of light or something, and he afterwards added "And for the record, I lost my virginity when I was 22." or something to that effect. I'll have to dig out my DVD and watch that episode again.

Moving back to more On Topic stuff, the whole of "Ending Happy," where Brass is interviewing the barkeep Connor and the prostitute Dreama, and they start breaking down when he says they killed him. Then, the phone rings and It's Robbins, saying "Wait a minute, there's more...." That was just priceless, IMO.

From "What's Eating Gilbert Grissom":

Grissom is talking to a guy who's at working chopping wood with a chipper.

Gil: Gil Grissom, Las Vegas Crime Lab.
Other guy: Walter Bailey, Master of the Universe.

:lol:

I love these one:

Nick (watching people race go-karts): You know, when I was a kid, we used to make these things out of lunch trays and you know, lawn mower engines.
Greg: When I was a kid I used to make bombs... little bombs.

Sara: Sometimes, I think we made up God just to have someone to blame for our mistakes. (Grissom notices something on the body, and walks out of the lab without acknowledging Sara's statement, she calls out after him) It's... just a theory!

Greg: I went shopping and bought every brand of hotdog they sell in Las Vegas.
Grissom: Who's paying for it?
Greg: You mean the lab's not gonna reimburse me?
Grissom: No.
Greg: Well I couldn't identify the chatter teeth logo so I figured I could physically match one of these to the one found in the victims stomach. You know, maybe comparing that twisty thing at the end.
Grissom: Sounds like a good idea, Greg. I'm still not paying for it.
Greg: Fine, I guess I'll just eat hotdogs for the rest of the year.

Eszie, you forgot the best part of that scene.

GREG: Now there's over 50 major brands.

GRISSOM: Good luck. I'm rooting for you.

GREG: Well, hopefully I find a wiener. :lol:

That's Season 6, forget which episode number, but it's called Dog Eat Dog. It was the Thanksgiving (US) ep that year. A man who literally ate himself to death.

(Appetizing, I know)

Last edited:
From, 'The Theory of Everything'

NICK: "Don't taze me bro!"
GRISSOM: *gives Nick a look* "Don't tempt me!"

Back