"Fannysmackin" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Back to the "overprotective mother" discussion, I might get "fannysmacked" for sharing this, but I had a totally different take on that whole conversation between Greg and Grissom--maybe I'm just reading too much into it. I was wondering (please don't fannysmack me, I love Greg just as much as the rest of you), considering the lack of athletic participation, overprotective mother, and seemingly lack of success in the dating field (though I can't understand why) could be indications that maybe Greggy is in the closet? Not that I necessarily want it to happen, just wondering if anyone else had thought it or if it was just me. I'll go run and hide now.

Might be a good idea. I don't think that at all. And I dont think thats because I love Greg, but he just doesn't strike me as that kind of guy. And honestly, I think he's had success in the field and the whole over-protective mom thing.. I just don't think so. And even if he was, I do not think that TPTB would ever do that..

Oh and.. double-posting = bad. Why? = Never really found out.
I'm sure someone will explain it better.

Anyways, welcome..

Sorry, didn't mean to double-post if I did, I was just referring to a topic covered on the previous page. Greg doesn't really strike me as being in the closet either, the whole thing with the over-protective mother just kinda suprised me I think.

labgeekluvr said:
Back to the "overprotective mother" discussion, I might get "fannysmacked" for sharing this, but I had a totally different take on that whole conversation between Greg and Grissom--maybe I'm just reading too much into it. I was wondering (please don't fannysmack me, I love Greg just as much as the rest of you), considering the lack of athletic participation, overprotective mother, and seemingly lack of success in the dating field (though I can't understand why) could be indications that maybe Greggy is in the closet? Not that I necessarily want it to happen, just wondering if anyone else had thought it or if it was just me. I'll go run and hide now.

Well since I am a Nick & Greg shipper I can see that. Although I see Greg as possibly being Bi. I really think he's written as straight though. Anything is possible but I doubt TPTB/CBS would ever go there.

eszmanda_luver said:
Oh and.. double-posting = bad. Why? = Never really found out.
I'm sure someone will explain it better.
Cause double posting = Spamming. Why? = Cause its in the rules. :D
labgeekluvr said:
Sorry, didn't mean to double-post if I did, I was just referring to a topic covered on the previous page.
If you know how to Copy and paste all you do is quote the post and then copy it and then back out of it using the backspace, then if you already have a post (and no one posted after you) just click the edit button (it works up to 24 hrs), paste in the quote and put in what you want to say about the quote and then just submit it.

If you want to quote more then one then all you do is quote, copy, back out, quote, Paste in previous quote, back out, ect. until you get the last quote you want, then all you do is proceed to answer each of the quotes. If you want a better example Check out the Marg/Catherine 4.0 thread and you will I quoted many and answered. ;)

I think what happened is that I quoted wojo using the quote function, and her post was so brief that it may have looked like I double-posted. Sorry.

I doubt they would go there too, I think that it's just he's supposed to be the sweet and innocent character, all shows have them. Plus he has this type of little brother type role going on. He seems to me to be just hanging around with everyone trying to fit in, I'm not saying that this is true but he may have had a child hood where he didn't have many friends and stuff. Just a thought.

Oh, I've totally said that, I think that where he wasn't probably part of any group or maybe didn't have a lot of friends (and I've said that I've thought a lot of his stories have been sort of made up--which is okay, because really, could he be any more adorable) I thought he became a CSI just to fit in with the "cool kids" you know, like he wants to be part of the group (even though I've also thought that the group can totally see through a lot of his stories as well).

He is like the little brother running after the bigger kids trying to catch up, which makes him even cuter and more adorable for words.

But yeah, with everything he let go, like the coin collection, the captain of the chess team, the braces he had for five years, I sort of gleened that he may have been a, and don't hate me because I think they are adorable, a geek, so he probably didn't have many friends then, but in the lab, no one may know so he could be anything he wanted, so he may have made up a few stories just to fit in.

One of the most telling lines was when in "Big Middle" when he told the woman at the message board that 'you don't have to be large to have low self-esteem' which kind of fit into my theory of him, he's smart, he's got the good, but that doesn't mean he couldn't have a low self-esteem.

*just makes you want to give him a hug*

Forgot to add, I don't think they'd go there either, I just think Greg is a sensitive man.

sorry I didn't know you said that lol. But yeah I thought that too. He's so cute, and it's even cuter that Nick and Sara seem to try to include him in everything like in "Bad Words" where Nick was searching through the match book and he told Greg "how would you like to be an assistant on the case?" I thought that was cute. I can certainly see how he tries to fit in with everyone and he does seem to have a story for everything LOL. He's just flat out adorable.

I don't think I've said it here, I may have but anyway no worries--I swear I wasn't like, I SAID THAT..just totally agreeing with you. :) Great minds!

They (Nick and Sara) do try to include him in a lot, I think Grissom can make him nervous (he's said that) and Warrick and Catherine (as good as she is with him) have a tendency to talk TO him, rather than just sort of talk to him, if that makes any sense.

And even while in Chasing the Bus, Nick was a little short with him about being on the scene, not having a warmer jacket..he did try to make him feel better about freezing up, he told him how he had a bad experience on his first time out..but that was why they had field training.

But I will say that Catherine has included him in one some of her cases, but I think that Nick and Sara really are the ones that would go the extra mile.

But the best BEST one was when Greg got jealous because Nick took Archie out on a case (while Greg was still in the lab)..the one where they found the owner of the business in the server room, and Nick took the time to explain why..it was Archie's field of expertise, not many people would have taken the time to do that.

Yeah, great minds :) Yeah that episode was good. I noticed that in almost every episode he's with Sarah on the cases. Yeah Grissom and Catherine kind of have a "this is how it's done" where as Nick and Sarah are like "Okay, what's this? And how is it involved in the case" they try to teach him. I even saw it in this episode how Nick was all upset about the beating and Sarah was with Greg most of the time.

Yeah, I am constantly reminded of the "Leggo my Greggo" scene when Catherine's all pissed because Nick get some info from Greg and then Nick says Greg is just a CSI wanna-be. And it makes me angry at first (don't know why) but then it makes me proud to see how far he has come. I think everyone on the team (especially now) consider him not only a CSI, but a part of their family, which is a wonderful thought. But I just want to rub it in Nicks face now. I know its wrong, but whatever.

Lol, annd yeah, I like how they have always included him, but he's been doing quite a few things on his own now which is awesome.

I wonder if he will be forced to get a gun or stay with someone else at all times for however long. I don't think they would do that, but still.

I can't see him carrying a gun, I don't know why. I think it's because he's such a "crowd pleaser", I know that kind of sounds bad, but he seems to just want to please everyone, and I think he would probably be scared or nervous about carrying a gun. I couldn't see him aiming a gun at someone without getting nervous about it. But that's just me.

I think they totally think of him as part of the team, when he finally passed his final proficiency they were all so happy for him, so absolutely they think of him as a CSI.

I think he's become one hell of a CSI, he's helped (even before he was a CSI) and broken more than a few cases, I've always thought he's a great combination of both Grissom and Nick, that smarts and that sensitivity as well.

I think that Grissom has a lot of faith in him and I think the other CSI's do to, as much as he may have grumbled about it, in Spellbound, Greg was the lead and Warrick had to follow..and look at how good Greg was in that.

I think also they paired him with the female CSI's more than the men, it's as if the women show him, take his opinion and really kind of let him do his thing while at the same time teaching but guiding him a little more gently.

He's just so good, and he's only level one, it's going to be really interesting to see what he's like when he's a level 3.

I don't know if he will be forced to get a gun, maybe he will get one, which brings me to that question that I raised before, is what happened going to effect him in ways we just may not see on the surface or maybe later on in the the season..will he get a gun, will they have a scene like with Grissom, him at the shooting gallery, taking target practice.

I know spoilers, and I know we will see the brother of Demetrius again at the inquest, but I'm still wondering if we'll see him after that, or does Greg think he'll be seeing him again. Or would he get a gun just to feel safer, maybe he felt helpless against all of them. Of course there were too many of them, but you know he has to be beating himself up over that.

This episode is my second favorite so far, Gumdrops comes first, I also think that Demetrius' brother will return towares the end of the season and I'm not really sure how Greg will deal with the beating and if they will give him a gun. I've wondered what CSI will be next with these personal things, face it they need to lay off of Nick, Sara was trapped in the room with the guy at the Psycho Ward, Catherine's daughter got kidnapped. The only ones left are Grissom and Warrick. I'm thinking that the reason Grissom will be leaving will have something to do with Lady Heather and Warrick might end up losing his wife, in one way or another.

Back