"Fannysmackin" Discussion **SPOILERS**

SuperH said:
I loved it. I don't feel I need to add anything deep, but I will say this: All of these unempathetic kids are under eighteen. They'll get a few years in Juvie. Tops. And they are some of the most unsympathetic characters to ever appear on CSI, even more so than the sciopathic murderers like the Blue Paint Killer and Milander.

I'm not so sure; if it's a murder case they can be tried as adults, can't they?

I've got clips for most of the episode at my place (address in profile)

I wonder if they'll still have Greg's face bruised up yet in next week's episode.

They always to that day/night switch all the time. Go back and watch all of the episodes again. I'm sure you'll find it in over half of them throughout the entire 6+ seasons. It occurs quite often after the opening credits. The opening is done in the dark, then the credits, then back to daylight to start again.

Kara06, Oh, I knew it had to be almost 4 hours, I just kind of wanted to be extra generous with how long other things took because thinking he could be on the ground for that long, by himself was just too much..plus it would have been kind of unrealistic as well. So I went for the shortest time possible.

I cried so hard when Sara saw greg and she was starting 2 cry and then she held his hand, and when he was in the hospital talking 2 grissom about how his mom took him 2 the hospital if he got a nose bleed etc. :(

I am so glad he's ok though.

MacsGirlMel said:
SuperH said:
I loved it. I don't feel I need to add anything deep, but I will say this: All of these unempathetic kids are under eighteen. They'll get a few years in Juvie. Tops. And they are some of the most unsympathetic characters to ever appear on CSI, even more so than the sciopathic murderers like the Blue Paint Killer and Milander.

I'm not so sure; if it's a murder case they can be tried as adults, can't they?

I know that in the state of California they would be charged as adults. I met a kid in juvenile hall who had been with his friends when one of them stabbed another and the guy died and he is doing 35 to life. And since he is only 16 he is sitting in Juvenile Hall waiting until he turns 18 to start his time. But the kids might also go to a CYA type place which is like prison for kids. It just depends on the situation.

I'm new here, but I saw this quote and since I want to work with kids I really wanted to respond. I didn't get to watch all of Fannysmackin but I saw when they beat Greg and I was so sad. I was crying it was horrible and the story with his mom. That is so sad. But now I really have to sit down and watch it all the way through.

kaylyne, thank you so much for posting the vids!!!! S7 hasn't started yet for me so I'm just DYING to see Fannysmackin'. So, really, I love you for posting it. Thank you!!!

Anyway, about the episode... I can't comment much because I haven't seen it. But now that we know more about Greg's background, does it change your view about him? I always think he comes from a fun family, with parents and siblings might be just as crazy as he is :lol: But now, knowing how he is an only child and has an overprotective mother... well that sort of changes some of the view.

I wouldn't have thought... I mean, before this we only know about his grandparents. And I always thought he has an interesting family (hey this is the guy who has the psychic grandparent :lol:) I wouldn't have thought...

I think this epi would open many possibilities. I wanna see how it's gonna affect him in later episodes.

I hope to see him learning to use a gun though.. I think it's gonna be interesting, hasn't done yet in CSI. And maybe it's just me, but the sight of Greg with a gun? *drool* Oops, sorry, can't help it. :lol:

I'm glad finally Eric's given a chance to show his talent. Just about time! Hoping for more Greg in upcoming episodes :) HE ROCKS!!! :D

It was the best episode so far, obviously it wasn't as big budgeted as Built to Kill but I love the pacing of the ep. BTK had the boring miniature crime scene case and it dragged the ep imo, whereas Fannysmackin' held my interest all throughout.

I love the Catherine and Greg convo, it reminded me of the Table Stakes-headdress scene and all the other eps where Cath was like a big sister/mom to Greg. She's now a supervisor but Greg is still comfortable around her like in Season 1. And I hope next time instead of doing the usual CSI-is-processing-the-evidence-while-music-is-playing-on-the-background, they could do this kind of scenes where the CSIs are talking to each other while processing the evidence. I learned a LOT about Greg in that 2-min processing the evidence scene.

I also love the Greg/Sara scene, from that scene we can see how natural chemistry can make a huge difference--it made the scene more intense and emotional. They aren't lovers but the viewers could sympathize with both characters as opposed to the gag-inducing Grissom and Sara dummy scene. I let out a chuckle when Grissom said "No" to Sara though LOL. :D

Oh and I LOVE the Grissom/Greg scene at the hospital.. :( I've always loved watching Grissom and Greg interact even if Gil is usually hard on Greg. Again it was only a 2 minute scene but we learned a lot about his relationship with his mom. *tear* Eric is a great actor and he deserved to be the star of this episode. And I have to say this but he still looks hot even if his face is all black and blue, lol. :D

speakerset said:
And I still say he should have been on some sort of back board or stretcher when he was on the ground..three victims and one ambulance?? And how long was he there, if he went to talk to Catherine say at 1 a.m. by the time he saw Grissom, changed and got to that scene, let's be generous and say, that's two more hours..so and I'm speculating and being generous with the times, say it was past 3 even 4 am if sunrise is at 5 am..and the sun was out when Sarah got there, what, he was there at least say 1 to 1 and a half hours, on the ground, either waiting or waitng to go to the hospital.

I'm no expert. The only thing that could make any kind of sense is accounting for the time Greg was still at the lab (i.e. changing his clothes, grabbing his kit, etc). Than the time it took him to drive to the scene. I'm not a resident of Vegas, but where I live, it could easily take twenty minutes to an hour just to get anywhere in the city. (And we don't usually have a problem with tourists not knowing where the hell they are and performing crazy traffic manuvers)

Now, sure, the cops said five minutes...but honestly, five minutes could've easily been ten to fifteen. We don't know. Some people can't measure time that accurately.

This is also a stretch, but if we pretend daylight savings time was a factor, the sun could've come up at say...I dunno, 5 in the morning. Sara did say the kids were wearing halloween costumes, so let's assume that's the time of year we are talking. Daylight savings (if Vegas practices that time shift) could account for the sudden daylight and could shave a few hours. Greg may not have been lying there that long at all.

As for one ambulance, there was originally only one victim when Greg made the call.

Just to add: I also believe it was for aesthetic reasons. That scene played out so well during the day. At night, I think Greg's expressions would've been too dark to see.

I loved the episode. It was better than BTK, as Rissa said, it was interesting through and through. I really loved it.

I'm a Sandle, so this is one of my favorite Sandle-eps. You could see the chemistry between them and I loved the hair rubbing, and ofcourse the 'Sidle-scent' thing. :D

I read a little ways back how they made it seem like Greg died when Sara first walked up. And of course, we all knew he wasn't dead, so it didn't cross my mind at all how it must look to her. Obvious, he looks like crap, but then it looks like he's dead... haha I would've had a heart attack.

I really loved Sara and Gregs scene. They both did excellent there. I mean, if I were Jorja, it would be hard to look at him with all that make-up. I would probably start laughing (cuz its too wierd) or something. And then you know its hard for him. Oh, such wonderful actors.

Yeah, I can't wait to see what they do with him and all of them in the next episodes.

Back