"Fannysmackin" Discussion **SPOILERS**

I did hit the back button and it came up as this page.

Well, maybe my post got too long, though I've seen longer by other posters.

I will use this space to say that my favorite part of this episode was when Sara was stroking Greg's hair. She looked so distraught at the sight of her injured friend.

Also, kudos to the makeup artist who made Greg's injuries look so authentic. I swear that blood on his face and on the pavement beside him looked so real! Really great job.

I have a feeling that we're going to see or hear more about Greg's parents in the future. And what was Grissom thinking when he asked Greg, a 30-year-old man, if he had told his parents about what happened? That's kind of Greg's decision to make seeing as how he's 30. At the same time though, we did get to learn more about Greg and his overprotective parents. It's sad that he wasn't allowed to play contact team sports. He's obviously much loved by them.

Well, I had a lot more to say, but I'm afraid I'm going to lose it again.

I actually liked Grissom asking if Greg's parents had been called. I think there are actually supposed to call family members when stuff like that happens. Or maybe just when its life-threatening. Either way, I liked it and thought it showed that Grissom cares and that Greg.. I don't really know what. I don't want to say that he is still young, but in some respects, he is. Like, the whole idea of not telling your parents something because of how they will react... like I said, I'm not calling Greg a little kid or anything. But he has apparently been protacted by his mom for his entire life.. meaning he's not really used to this stuff. In that way, he is still young. I know I would probably do the same thing.

I don't know.. I just thought it was nice.

And anyways, for the shows skae, they needed to bring up his parents so that they could explain his parents.

All-in-all.. I liked it a lot.

Toots said:
I just finished typing my thoughts about this episode and when I pressed continue, it said that my page was no longer valid.
Okay I know whats going on, here is the problem, there is an apparent time limit between writing a post and submitting it. What I suggest is if you think its going to be long either,
1. Write it in "Notepad" or "Word Pad" then copy and paste
2. Write it up in a post Then copy it and check mark the "Preview Reply" which will tell you to hit your back button (if the timelimit is up) and then when you do, you will get a blank post just paste in what you copied and submit. It should work for you then.

I make it a habit to copy what I write no matter the length and then use the Preview reply option and then that way if the board is goofy or I use up the time I can go back and try again.
MacsGirlMel said:
I keep getting "post already exist" errors all over the board from time to time...that's annoying too.
That sounds like if you quote the samething you might have already wrote to repeat yourself, or if you take the quote off and just repeat yourself word for word, it won't allow it, So you have to make a word or two change and it will.

Also this will happen if you accidently hit the submit button twice since I believe there is a filter on that doesn't allow for double posting (sometimes it slips by but I think that too has a time limit) its to keep spammers down.

To you both the other option is the board could be a little wonky it happens. Best you can do is try.

OMG O.k. that episode really scared the living poop outta.... I started to cry when they beat up Greg..... My boyfriend started making fun of me....

Oh yeah I was listening to my radio station and they were talking about this episode and some listener said it was Fanny Packing...... I was laughing so hard...... Poor Greg.... I hope they don't knock him off the show.... I know they have started with Grissom and his hearing.... I love William Peterson........ If they knock him off I don't know what I'd do...... wait a minute yeah I do... I'll still watch CSI LOL :lol:

I had another idea with the whole "telling about his parents" thing, I saw it as he was telling Grissom this stuff he was not only telling Grissom about how his family was protective over him and how he was never allowed to play sports,but it also seemed to me that he seemed to hint that about the station as well, being in the lab he's being sheltered from the stuff that goes on while out on the field. It's almost like he was saying to Grissom that this experience is something that he's never been through but also something that he doesn't want to effect where he's at now. I don't know if I explained it well, but I kind of got that when he was talking. Anyone else catch this?

I understand what you meant, that he really was never exposed to something physical happening like that..the hockey reference really drove that home.

I kind of saw it as him really not wanting him to tell his parents, so they wouldn't worry about him or that he would not only make his mother freak but also that she wouldn't want him to go back in the lab as well.

You have to feel for him though, having to go through that and not wanting to tell his parents, plus I think also, there is that not wanting to disappoint Grissom, in some way I thought he may have felt that too, but by the end, he knew he didn't, just like Grissom said and in a way reassured him, what happened to him was a result of him trying to save another human beings life and for that they all, including his parents should be and are proud of him.

Loved this ep.

It was written very well and the acting was even better.

Although a few things did indeed seem a bit strange. Why (as some have already asked) wasn't Greg carryin a gun? How was that guy able to pull him so easily through the car window? And what were those tourists thinking wandering around in those dark alley's?

I really liked that LV (and NY) had only an A-case. It does seem to give us better ep's if TPTB stick to single story lines.

Greg does NOT carry a gun, this has been discussed to death. He chooses not to carry one acording to himself in the episode 'No Humans Involved'...so it's not strange at all.

Hodges: "So what kind of gun are you gonna get?"
Greg: "Plenty of guns at crime scenes, cops have em, some criminalists."

This tells me he chooses not to carry one. Besides from the way those punks acted I don't think even a gun would have scared them, sure he may have shot one or two of them then they would have taken it from him and killed him with it.

not meant to sound rude. :)

The whole thing about him being pulled through the window, there was probably two guys there at the car because in the next scene after they pull him out, you see two guys holding his arms and dragging him away from the car and over to the wall. The thing makes me shutter is to think that they had just broken out the glass, wouldn't he get cut up on the glass as he was being dragged out?? Maybe that's what happened to his arms? Another thing, did anyone notice when the car hit him from behind, did anyone see something fly through the back window?? Everytime I watch it I always see something come through the window as it shatters.

I didn't think a car hit him from behind, I thought they just smashed the window, I've watched it so many times, I thought the window was just smashed like the driver's side.

As many times as I've commented on this epi, there are still things I think of and want to add..I think that vest really helped him, I think it sort of padded him.

And, as many times as I've seen the epi, it still makes me cringe seeing him in that hospital bed, let alone the beating, painful, just so painful to watch, that kicking, I swear if they aren't cowards and punks I don't know what are.

Oh! I thought a car had hit him, but okay lol. That answers that I guess! LOL. Did you see the part where he slammed his face against the ground. It's right after they shoved him against the wall and released him then he went to step forward and they tripped him I guess and he fell to his knees then the side of his face hit the ground, I guess that's where the huge swollen part on his cheek and eye came from. It was really sad, I was cringing the whole time watching the beating.

I think they through something through the back window in order to distract him, so they could grab him. (like my avatar -it shows him looking back -being distracted)

That beating was very brutal , yeah I saw that he was tripped and his face hit the ground. The worst part for me was when he kept trying to crawl away and they kept kicking him and he kept moaning in pain. That was the hardest thing for me to watch. :( :(

Back