"Fannysmackin" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Did anyone notice Brass’ little “wiggle” when he’s interviewing Tara, after she puts out her arms as a signal to be cuffed. He does a little wiggle as if to say “whoopee!”.

Paul rocked it. That scene was great.

So was the whole episode, and I'm afraid most of what I have to say has already been said nicely by other people, but...

Dispatcher tells Greg "Wait for backup". Greg realizes that if he does, Stanley is as good as dead, so he makes the fateful decision to intervene. Stanley lives, but another person is killed...ripe for drama about fifteen ways from Sunday.

Eric Szmanda. Remember that name, Academy members, he's now a contender. He tore the (bleep) UP. The scene where he's battling back tears as he tells Grissom about his relationship with his parents...then he watches Demetrius' family and their grief and rage when their own dies...ouch. Just a devastating piece of acting.

Sara's compassion, Nick's anger, Warrick's self-control forcing itself over his (and Nick's) rage...and Grissom being Grissom as ever. Class acting all around. Kudos to the guest actors as well, who gave a little bit of "soul" to the victims and fuelled our compassion for them, and the ones who played the despicable "fannysmackers" for portraying aimless evil so effectively.

Ultimately, a multi-layered story about personal accountability. Well done, writers, directors and actors.

Nick said "ass whoopin'!" woo-hoo! Was it just me or did that turn anyone else on? hehehe (Sorry, did I say that outloud?) ;)

What a great episode! The writing was excellent. Eric did an awesome acting job and his scenes in the hospital made me cry. I hated to see him get beaten up like that. But at least he was trying to help in a way by getting evidence by sratching the guy's leg. And he saved that tourist's life. Just awesome!
In that scene when Greg hit that guy with the car, I thought that guy ran off with the others? I know he was the one who broke the windows with the rock but I thought he ran off. I didn't know it was him laying in the street when the paramedics got there. And he was the one who died, right? And also, why was his brother staring at Greg like that? WTH was that all about?

And I just have to comment about Nick's rage! So much anger and disgust towards 'pig.' And Warrick having to control him and hold him back. Yowza! lol

Loved the final scene when they all agreed to go visit Greg in the hospital. At first, didn't think Grissom was going to be around, then all of a sudden, poof, he's there. haha Loved what Grissom said at the end too.

Just an excellent episode! Scary but awesome!

OMG, it was kinda a freaky eppy..
Poor Greg :( I was scared for him..
I liked the scene when grissom visited greg in the hospital and asked him if any one had called his parents. When greg said that his mom is gonna freak. I thought oh his gonna get another ass whoopin' mommy style.. You know how mom's can be. :lol:

I can't believe Nick lost his cool.. That got an eyebrow raise from me. Wow.
The end was good too. They were all talking and then all of a sudden grissom was talking. I was like whoa were did he come from.
I just wonder who is the next csi to have something happen to them. Last season it was Nick, then it was Catherine, now Greg.. Hmmmmmm.. any guesses???

by far, My favorite episode. Just, wow!!! I'm still in utter shock!!!

Eric Szmanda is a GOD! He played that part SO well, I was cringing and gasping.. and I'm an ANGST fanatic!! lol...

Grissom visiting him was SO cute. I admit, tears were in my eyes. Damn Greggo, what have you done to me?! Hahaha.

Him and Sara. WOW. So cute. She was crying for him!! !!! *jumps around excitedly* SO CUTE!!! Holding his hand.. Wow, I loved that interaction.

YEAHHHHH NICKY!!!! That's right you show that piggy what's up!!! Heehee, loved it!!!

Also loved the scene with them in the locker room. Very nice :)

Oh oh! And greggo in the lab.. LOL Loved how he came around the corner and high-fived that guy. Hehehe, Greg's the man :cool:

Did anyone else notice the glare Nick gave Pig while Nick was trying to scrape of the paint transfer? If looks could kill, pig would have been dead right on the spot. It would have been nice to see Grissom meet up with Greg’s doctor to see what kind of shape he was in. Now, why didn’t Grissom call Greg’s parents? He is Greg’s boss right? That would be part of his job.

It makes me wonder if Grissom DID called them, and he told them Greg was hurt out in the field. That would explain why Grissom told Greg just to come clean with his mom, and she would proud of him for what he did.

Also why did it take so long for help to arrive for Greg .One minute it was night then the next it was day, and still he lay there.

This is definately one of the best episodes of CSI! I'm glad there was a bit of humor in it, with the Brass/Sophia thing =) Sophia's not my fav character, but I absolutely loved it when she pulled out that shotgun.

The scene at the hospital was so touching. Greg's so sweet!
And I loved the lockerroom-scene as well. Too bad they didn't show them actually visiting him, but I was satisfied with the ending *nods*

One of the best episodes ever! I too noticed Brass' wiggle.
He cracks me up! Eric was awesome! His injuries were very realistic, and I say that because on other shows that I watch, one of the main characters gets the crap beaten out of them and they have like one little bruise on their face and that's it. Grissom was so cute when he told Greg that he thought his parents would be proud of him.(I think that was Grissoms way of saying that he was proud of him, too. But that's just me. :))

Ok, long time browser, I think first time poster... lol

This episode was very well done. I was very impressed by the emotions portrayed by all the characters, including those of pig. Give 'em some credit, it's hard to screw up a total of like 5 lines.

I think the two emotional points in the show for me were of course when Greg was getting beat, but also at the end when he hears the flatline and knows he's responsible for that (granted it was completely self defense, but he is a human being). Am I the only one that thinks the dude in the blue shirt was the kids father and not his brother? Just don't recall him looking brotherly, more fatherly.

I was really looking forward to this episode, and I was not let down in any way, shape or form.

Edit: I was also laughing loudly as Brass mocked the teen's little sarcastic wiggle. :lol:

This episode was sooooo good ... The drama and humor is divided up perfectly.

The "Sidle scent" moment was touching.
Sara tearing up when she was with Greg - "I came here for you."
Grissom and Greg in the hospital room. We find out that Greg didn't play sports and his mom was too clingy.
Nick punching "Pig."
The big locker room scene in which we see the points-of-view of Grissom, Sara, Nick, and Warrick.
Grissom's lesson about swarms of insects

Brass and Sophia ... "I need a cop" ... "He/she's a cop"
Brass little wiggle when he was interrogating the girl
Me being a Hodges fan, the Hodges scene with Grissom.

The "jewels" comment was when the guy asked his friend to hit him to cover the fact they lost the money.

Eric was just so good in this, it is by far my favorite episode of the season, and not just for the Greg storyline, which on it's own would put it at the top of my list, but the scenes in it were just so good, that scene with Grissom visiting him, it was just perfect, perfectly acted..and it's still killing me that Greg is afraid to tell his parents that he's out in the field. But the sight of Greg on the ground all by himself, after the beating and the next day until Sara got there, it was just so hard to watch that.

Just seeing Greg all bruised like that, his nose has to be broken, everyone is pissed, and they should be, not only is Greg an innocent and didn't deserve that, no one who was beaten did and the worst part those fools who did it thought it was a joke.

Eric was just wonderful in this from the parts where Greg was so excited about nailing the testimony in court-looking ever so adorable in that suit, to even during the beating--which the part where he's trying to crawl away still makes me cringe and will continue to do so--I hate seeing the kicking, really it makes me shudder--to the hospital, Greg trying to eat and seeing the guy die and his mother's reaction..all of it wonderful. Eric was just fantastic.

And seeing Nick just so pissed off, Warrick's smooth move taking that fools cell phone away, Sara comforting Greg, Grissom talking to him, there were just so many highlights.

As painful as it was to watch this episode, it was worth it.

I also got the feeling from previous episodes that Greg doesn't always feel like he's part of the team, that somehow he always an outsider when it comes to the "main" 5.

In my mind at least, the reaction from everyone shows that they don't think of him as a spare-wheel anymore, that he's apart of a team... THEIR team. And no one can hurt someone in that circle without consequence.

Sirius_Hope said:
In my mind at least, the reaction from everyone shows that they don't think of him as a spare-wheel anymore, that he's apart of a team... THEIR team. And no one can hurt someone in that circle without consequence.

I agree. I always thought Greg wasn't treated like the other CSI's. They still seemed to treat him like the goofy lab boy. I'm so glad Sara came just to see Greg. That was really nice of her. All the CSI's seemed really nice at the end (when they all wanted to go to see Greg) and I liked how Warrick and Nick made the attack on Greg really personal. This episode was really good to Greg even though he was beaten up. lol

So did anyone watch the early show? If so was Eric or CSI mentioned. (I probably can already guess the answer)

I am so tired or Eric/Greg being overlooked and ignored. The man deserves an Emmy for his performance. Infact I sent feedback to CBS telling them so.

I love Greg even more and I didn't think that was possible.

I completely agree, I always thought he kind of felt like he was a little brother trying to catch up to the big kids, I think that is partly because, as Greg stated in the past, Grissom makes him nervous, and because he did come from the labs, he didn't start out as a CSI, I think there was a little insecurity there as well. I also kind of thought he wanted to become a CSI to be part of that group too.

This really proved he is part of the team, not only that, but just how smart he is, he got the DNA, the told Sara about the paint transfer and went so far as to want her to process the scene first.

He is a damn good CSI, I believe he has the smarts of Grissom but with that same empathy as Nick, and that is one great combination.

Wojo, I taped it, I'll have to look through it to see if he was, but that will be later, sorry about that.

And I realized, I posted about "jewels" as in family jewels about the guy and his friend beating him up to look like they were robbed, I remembered, it was "package" sorry for the confusion.

Back