"Fannysmackin" Discussion **SPOILERS**

CSIgrad said: when sofia was holding the shotgun at kevin federline, i almost wish she pulls the trigger
Umm tread with caution here, I am going to think that you meant to say "Pig" and not KF, when you said that, considering the differences being one is a character and one is a real-life human. Wishful thinking doesn't matter if you meant the latter. *suggests hint be taken* ;)

My highlights:

Give props to the writers, this was a well balanced well paced and edge of your seat episode. See what happens when you don't chop the hell out of something and give the cast enough time to breathe?

Having it all happen in one night just blows my mind and the fact that the kids felt NO remorse, and even gave a dig at the 'what happens in Vegas' thing..cool.

Got to give Eric acting props. It could have been over done , but his attack was brutal but kept in the shadows. We felt every punch, but didn't see every gory detail.

I really liked Sara in this, she was very effected, and emotional with Greg, but kept her cool. Big props to Greg trying to contain the evidence..the spitting shudders

We learned some Greg back story, that hospital scene I was floored. And Grissom visited? Very moved by that (makes me grumble we never got that in GD) but oh well.

Nick's anger! Wow, very unlike him and his second burst of such aggression. Wondered how he wouldn't get arrested for throwing the first punch, but Warrick covered for him. Nice indeed. Though I got a good thrill to see Nick's aggressive side, and still Warrick's able to manhandle him. Heh.

Nick's anger carries on in the final scene, one final confrontation.

We can all ready see the repercussions of Greg hitting the attacker, and now the guilt, even though I felt his actions were justified.

Glad the tourist visited Greg, very classy for them to see the other.

Lastly, loved the last scene, the whole gang together minus Greg of course. Did I mention Nick's yummy Green T-shirt? Heh shallow I know.

Okay writers, you don't have to have such 'big' arc, but take heed of a well developed plot..we like it!

Can I just say that Eric was wonderful? Truely excellent. The best part was when after being a hero and saving Stanley's life, laying there beat to hell all Greg was worried about was his mom. What a sweetie! I love this episode.

omg i love this epi =D its so good. Eric Szmanda did such a good job... i love him even mnore( if that's even possible)
I like cried 3 times in this
1. Greg getting beat up
2. Nick punching K-Fed (cried because Nick emotional over Greg's beating)
3. Greg in the hospital about the mother part

I love how the ending scene where Nick says "I want to see Greg. I'm definatly in."

WOW! Yet another great episode of CSI tonight. Once again Detective Sofia Curtis proves she is out to put the bad guys away in Vegas. I am pumped about her role tonight in "FannySmackin'", which revolved around a gang of punk kids who beat up tourists.

No matter what our bold cop gets put up against, she handles it hands down.

I got a bang out of the first scene. She is dealing with a convienent store robbery which revolves around the same gangs that are doing the beatings.

I know she had to bite her lip trying to deal with an over excited owner/worker of the store. The guy is rattling on info a hundred miles a minute. Poor Sofia asks him to slow down. The victim tries to say she is slow and tell him when she is ready to take down his statement. She gives him this "you gotta be kidding me look" and quickly tells him he is the problem to slow down his talking. Best part of this scene, the guy pulled the jacket off one of the criminals and she states "you took the sweater/hood off one of these guys and you didn't see what he looked like." I love the dumbfounded look she has on her face thinking boy this man is a frazzled case. Amazing how many different levels of chaos a cop can endure in one shift.

Then we see a snippet of her being one of the first cops on the scene to Greg after he becomes a victim of one of the beatings. Again we see her approach showing she has the soft side but still is all business at the same time. She makes sure Sara knows Greg is gonna be okay and is stable before she resumes her duties. She has such a perfect balance of emotional support.

My favorite scene of this whole show is when they set up the Fannysmackin' gang. They pull up in the cop cars and she gets out of the vehicle holding a shotgun. There is nothing more "kickass" than seeing her take down the bad guys. I love what she says when she walks up to the dude in the car.

She cocks back that shotgun with that serious(if looks could kill face)and comes upt the the truck window and says...

Sofia: Turn off the truck, get out and put your hands above your head.

And with such conviction in her tough voice...

Sofia: Your going to jail.

Now that is what I am talking about people! Strong Women Rule!

Viva Sofia Baby!

This is my firtst time posting, so go easy on me ;) A few things about this episode bothered me. First off, why doesn't Greg carry a gun, as mrb105 stated as well. You think that if you are going to be working in the field, that it would be mandatory for you to have one. I mean its not the first time a CSI has been attacked while in the field. Secondly why was he working alone? Most of CSI's have someone with them, and one would think they would make sure everyone has a partner after what happened to Stokes where he was kidnapped! And also because of the nature of the crime, a gang of people randomly beating people to death. You would think Grissom make sure no one goes alone reguardless of what they have to do/get. I know its just a show but hey it bothered me. Also as mrb105 stated you would think the group would scatter when a vehicle pulls up. How many people are stupid enough to want to get caught?

The scene where the guy that greg hits dies and it shows his brother looking at Greg, makes me wonder if maybe in a later episode there might be more to this. Like maybe the guy is a gang member and orders a hit or tries to kill Greg himself for killing his brother.

As a long time CSI fan, and a person named Greg (I am also a nerd/punk person like I think of Sanders)... I loved this episode. I like very heavy episodes, very dramatic ones (Ellie, Grave Danger). I also like very odd episodes (King Baby, Toe Tags), so this one struck very high on my list. I liked the little touch of Sara/Greg relationship (wtf is with these names you people are giving relations... sandles? who writes this stuff? :p )...

I hope I wasn't the only one who got utterly pissed when it was revealed these kids did it because it was something to do. You know what I did when I was bored at that age? Started my own group developing videogames (eventually became a company). That was only 7 years ago, when I was 16.

The masks the kids wore made ma laugh and took away from the atmosphere they (the kids) gave. my only gripe with this ep.

I liked the technical work on this episode as well, props go to the make-up fx team this season. They have done amazingly well, as evidenced by Toe Tags and now Fannysmackin'...

As always, big praise has to go to the amazing acting jobs done by the team... and I loved the incident in the alley between Nick/Warrick/punk... I loved the energy. George and Gary did that scene very well.

And last but not least, Eric just did an amazing job this episode. I didn't cry for Greg... he's a smart guy and takes life as it comes, seems like he had no regrets other than running the kid over, and that was survival instinct... but damn, Eric just did a great job and that scene between him and William in the hospital room was so well done.

I give this ep a 9/10
+acting was amazing
+writing was top notch
+technical aspects are still getter better even after 6 years

-those masks the kids wore made me laugh at their akwardness (the contacts were fine, the masks, one step too far by the writers)

Definitely my favorite episode so far. Eric did an amazing job in it, I hope they use him more this season. I have to admit that I actually cried watching the Sara/Greg scene, they were both just so great in it. Nice to get a little more info on Greg's background and I love how the team were all effected in their different ways by what happened to him.

On the upside, Sofia with a shotgun and Sara in that tank-top. :devil: Very naughty thoughts in my head.

To answer your first question, Greg might have had a gun. However, it was probably impossible for him to reach after being pulled from his car. Then there were just too many of them, all around him.

Second, Grissom probably thought Greg could handle it because all he was doing was going to get the sweater and bring it back. Grissom thought he wouldn't be in any danger, not knowing what would happen.

Our Greggo is a hero!!

There was so much truth in what Grissom said in the locker room. Eric out did an outstanding job in tonight’s show. Seeing him lay there on the ground with no one taking care of him, and have Sara go over to him. She was so close to breaking down when she said that she thought he couldn’t see, and he responds that he couldn’t, but he could smell her scent. Wow. He was more worried about the evidence then himself. That’s a Grissom thing.

anne_wolfe said:
To answer your first question, Greg might have had a gun. However, it was probably impossible for him to reach after being pulled from his car. Then there were just too many of them, all around him.

Ya but what about walking down the alley with a gun??? That would have worked. They wouldn't run at a guy with a gun. Or even after he ran over the kid, get out of the car with the gun and hold him until the police showed up. So many scenarios could have happened

no_pulse, Actually he wasn't suppost to be working alone persae, he was the primary CSI but he was suppost to be meeting Sofia at the scene, when he came across the group in the alley and radio'd for back up, he was then told to wait for back up but decided against it, which is the reason he was alone.

While I agree that too many CSI's have been attacked while at a crime scene Grissom can not be afraid of sending out a person to a scene, that would only encourage the team that they would need to be afraid everytime, when they should be on guard instead.

I don't think its the case of having a partner at a crime scene, Holly Gibbs was attacked granted she was alone and a newbie, Nick not a newbie was attacked while he was alone, look at the otherside, Catherine not a newbie was attacked after the place was suppositly cleared and warrick was her partner at the scene.

I don't think it matters you could have 30 people there and it all comes down to the fact that greg went into a situation he was not prepared for, without back up and totally unsure and afraid, and most of all unawear of his surroundings. In this case I don't think it really would have mattered if greg had a gun, he had a huges SUV or whatever and they snuck up when he wasn't looking, apparently the siren and lights didn't scare them.

Not to mention the pack like to steal stuff off the bodies, if greg would have had a gun, they could have stolen it or worse, if he would have fought back. Greg has to learn fighting while it is physical, its also part mental he just needs help in defending himself more.

mrb105 said:

Ya but what about walking down the alley with a gun??? That would have worked. They wouldn't run at a guy with a gun. Or even after he ran over the kid, get out of the car with the gun and hold him until the police showed up. So many scenarios could have happened

I think Greg saw that Stanley was in trouble and knew he couldn't wait for back-up - Stanley would have died. So Greg made a snap decision without stopping to think about it. He just turned on his police lights and started honking the horn. He probably figured that would scare them off.

Back