Eric/Natalia___The Sweetest Smiles...

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by AlexxWoods, Dec 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doublehelix

doublehelix Police Officer

I tend to think that if there were any feeling either had toward each other, they were present earlier on than some of us think. I keep going back to the closing scene in "Collision". I still think that scene was key. When Eric and Nat were talking to each other outside the elevator, I think the same thoughts were going through there minds-"Wow! This could be something more!" They hit a few big bumps in the road which threw them off course, so to speak.

A few on this thread put it out there that Eric was a hare's breath away from falling hard for Natalia. This is something I tend to agree with. I also think he became conflicted, here was this great woman that he wanted to be with, but on the other hand he wasn't sure if he was ready to give up his "player" days just yet.

And as Rissa said both of them had some issues.

I would also think that Natalia has watched Eric for some time in the wake of his brain injury and can, in some ways, relate to his struggles. Given that she probably had some of her own after she left Nick.

2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I totally agree with this. In the finale when she came to check on him & he made the reply about the "Vietnam flashbacks", it was the very same when Natalia's arm was grabbed by Michael Lipton & he asked if SHE was ok.
    Eric knows that type of incident is something that would effect her.
    In any situation w/ "abuse" or anything even remotely close to it, Nat's past will creep up & haunt her whether she likes it or not, & I think she knows better than anyone how it is to live in denial & think everything is going to be OK, like it seems Eric is doing now.
    ~~~

Honestly I don't think Eric ever put thought into weighing out the pros & cons of being with Nat & being a playboy.
    to me, I thought he just seemed to be going with the flow of things & hadn't even realized that his "playboyishness" was suddenly taking a back seat because of her.
    I think he knew he had deeper feelings for her than his usual "I don't know your last name" girlfriends, but the problem (I saw) wasn't that he didn't want to give up his playboy days, the confliction was all based on the fact that he couldn't trust her. My opinion anyway.

Of course here we are a few years later, & I would hope he trusts her now.

3. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Hmm, you maybe onto something there, rissarose. After the whole mole incident, Natalia would probably want to be taken seriously by the other CSIs. By dedicating herself to becoming a CSI, she probably thought it would be in her best interest if she didn't date Eric, even though she still had feelings for him. Now that she's a full-fledged CSI, hopefully she won't see Eric as a negative aspect of her professional life.

Any thoughts?

4. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I do think Natalia has had more focus on the job, but only after Nick died. I don't really think she looked at Eric & thought it was best to avoid him but when Nick appeared I could see she kinda backed off.
    Right after the mole incident, she looked like she was into it (the CSI thing) but still had her flirty moments w/ Eric & didn't take everything so serious...til Nick showed up & then she lost her spunk.:(
    Nick resurfacing just gave her a big character u-turn.

But yeah, ever since then, I can see that her career has been first. That's great & all but TPTB have been playing it for a season & 1/2 now, so I'd like to see some "freshness"...heehee, ya know?

5. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

I wish... ooh, I saw Triple Threat last night! The scene where Natalia just trusted Eric with the last blood sample was one of the better EDeN scenes... I miss that very much.

6. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Good epi & a nice EDeN scene. I too like that she gives him the upper hand when it's work related. There's also a scene in the beginning after the girl leaves; Natalia rests her hand on her head, looks up at Eric & asks "what do you wanna do"? Such a comfortable scene:)
    I think that's one of the things that makes them a good & qualified couple for this type of show. She isn't on the same level as he is & isn't "above" him either.
    For some reason, to me, that just seems like something they would need to not let the job get in the way. There's no competition, she lets him "guide" her.

7. doublehelix

WOW! This thread has been pretty active of late. Keep it coming folks!
    "Triple Threat" is a personal favorite.

8. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Not bad, considering there's only the three of us right now... hey guys, are the others in the EDeN social group right now? Do you think they could post here once in a while if they can?

EDeN did seem like a different sort of ship when I was first introduced it. A lot of ships out there portray couples that were in the same profession, on the same level. Natalia started out as a DNA analyst while Eric was a full-fledged CSI, which I think is a good thing because it showed variation from all the other couples. That way, you could actually see the evolution that takes place and you can compare where they are now versus where they were when they first began. Anyways, I want to know what you guys think about this...

9. mjszud

mjszud Captain

They're in EDeN's Garden cause that's where the Midori is!! They're in there getting all shnockered.:lol:

I've already given my opinion of the "opposite level" thing, so I won't really go there again, but I do think it works for them cause she will never be above him, nor do I think she ever would make him feel she's above him.

10. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Changing the subject... Eric and Natalia need to work together more often, am I right? What kind of case would you want to see EDeN work on and what kind of EDeN moments would you like to see happen? Feel free to be as creative as possible.

11. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Oooh I like this question...I have LOTS.

I'd love to see anything concerning a baby or toddler & have them both be on the case. I beg for anything to remind Eric of thier "false alarm" past, like seeing Natalia holding the baby & smiling, making him do the whole "what if" thing!!!!
    Maybe even something where he tells her she's a natural & would make a good Mom, giving hint that he had thought about it when she suspected she was pregnant, cause Im sure the thought entered both thier minds of what kind of parent the other would be when they went through that;)

I'd also want a fun case for them to work on, something kinda silly where they could joke around, laugh, & be playful.

Then a sexy case too:p Investigating in the rain, during a storm...Hmmm...preferably Eric shirtless & Natalia's hair wet,:drool: giving each other the eye!

Another case, where they're looking for evidence at a pond or swamp & Eric has to carry her across the water or give her a piggyback ride...or he laughingly throws her over his shoulder:D She can grab his butt too if she really wants *cough*

Now onto the "fluffy" case, where the plot involves a couple who EDeN can relate to in thier relationship that makes them resurface all those lovely old feelings again!!! Filled with all kinds of sappiness, of course.

The "Carmen" case, the chick who sued him ; she gets beaten to death by one of her men she is setting up & Eric is somehow the suspect so Natalia goes out of her way to find the real killer & throughout the entire case we see all kinds of reference to her past & how Eric felt about her & Nick; how it affected him ...all that good stuff.
    Bringing up the past..yes...bringing up the past...:p

12. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

All good ideas... why aren't TPTB taking them into consideration again?

Funny you should mention that. I had an idea a little while ago where Natalia would help Eric after his older sister brings his fussy baby nephew to the lab. It would be so cute... especially if Eric's sister asked if Natalia was gonna be her sister-in-law anytime soon :devil:!

13. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

I'd like one of those cases where something of his memory comes back and its of Nat and somehow he mixes it and thinks she's hurt or in trouble and he's going around like crazy to find her.

14. doublehelix

Better get my post in here. I am really behind the eight ball.

I had always pictured something different when it comes to Natalia/Eric and a case that they might work on together.

The kind of thing I had envisioned is a case that is truly cruel and heinous. Perhaps a crime against a child or children. This would be one that really rattles Natalia, professionally and emotionally but she would be the lead CSI on the case. We've seen Natalia toughen up, become hardened and used to the violence,blood and gore. I don't really have a specific idea but it would be a case that is heinous and would also open the door to something larger going on. Somehow a crime that revolves around human trafficking would be good I think. The point is Natalia would be the only CSI on the actual crime scene and the lead CSI when the evidence is brought back to the lab for processing. It would be very stressful for her and Eric would clearly see it.

Where does Eric come in? Just like Natalia showed concern for Eric in that scene in the finale, Eric would show similar concern for Natalia as she deals with the stress of this case. Their concern would become mutual.

Natalia would be elemental in breaking the case wide open to something larger and more sinister. EVERYONE would be proud of her, any memories of her as "The Mole" would be wiped away. This would be especially true for Eric. Hopefully, nature would just take its course from there.

15. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Speaking of sister in laws ...did you guys ever read the comment Alana DeGarza (sp?) made about her appearance as Marisol?

Well, Alana was in All My Children at a different time than Eva was, but they were "sisters" on the show, they had never met in real life...so when they met at csi:miami, Alana hugged Eva & said Hey sis, I hear your sleeping with my brother...that's kinda gross.
    It wasn't Marisol calling her "sis" but all the same I loved it & thought it was cute that they had that little "bond".

I like that EDeN have so much in common, one of them being that they both have sisters & nieces.:p They have big families & have shown that thier families are important, they need to get it together & start thier own....they're great candidates for starting a family. I just could totally see a brown-eyed, dark-haired, beautiful Latino baby girl in thier future.:D

Love all the "case" ideas....they're all good!! Maybe we should get a list together of scenes/cases we want for EDeN & send them to TPTB, as they seem to be losing some of thier own creativity here lately.:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.