Eric/Natalia___The Sweetest Smiles...

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by AlexxWoods, Dec 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjszud

mjszud Captain

2. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Whoo, 900 posts! *happy dance*

About the mole thing, didn't Monica say Natalia didn't provide any useful info? So she never really betrayed anyone... if that's so, Eric has no legitimate reason for saying so. Do you think Eric's still feeling used? If that's the case, then he needs to clear that up with Natalia.

I second that! EDeN seriously needs one... I don't think he'll mind a hug from her.

3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Yes. Monica made it clear in that epi that Natalia didn't give up any info on the team!!
    I think Eric knew this eventually & was able to forgive her but still the thought could have crossed his mind that he was just a stepping stone for her.
    "going under" proved to me that she still liked him & that regardless of her job as the mole, she was "with him" because she wanted to be, not because she had to be.
    But who knows how Eric really took it, I still think it bruised his ego some.

Does Eric still feel like she used him? Who knows, but look at how everything went down....
    She thought she was pregnant & slowed down the relationship. Eric didn't! He was the one who opened his arms & was ready to continue when she offered him a hand shake instead saying "we moved too fast".

Then in Collision things looked bright for them again. However, that was the epi where she lied to him & said she wasn't the mole.:(

Then Dead Air, well that was all too obvious to viewers that neither wanted it to end. But the thing is...what did or does Eric think went on between Ryan & Natalia?!?! It was never really cleared up.

Then onto the mole revelation....

Back to 'Going Under' where she was all flirty with him in the garage. It could have crossed his mind there that she wasn't using him & really wanted to be with him.

But then Nick returns & she pulls away from Eric once again.

So.. if you were Eric...what would you think?

I think TPTB loves to torture us with this:brickwall:
    They BOTH just need to start over, the mole is buried & did no harm, she never slept with Ryan nor did she ever look interested in him to begin with, Eric didn't purposely "pimp" her out to him either & Nick is dead & gone SO GET 'EM BACK TOGETHER!!!!
    Please?:angel:

4. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Hey, do you think we could email one of the writers about this? I thinks someone from one of the threads did that a couple of years ago and they actually got a reply back. Think we should give it a shot?

5. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Corey Miller used to take e-mails & reply, but last summer he stopped replying back "answers" saying that the e-mails would get read but that was about it.
    I've sent my thoughts to him before, mostly about Natalia/Eva & how much I loved the character & supported her. Of course I did let him know that I ADORED the Eric & Natalia love story & wished that it would continue:p
    that was last summer though after he stopped replying back.

~~~

I really don't worry much about EDeN. I think in the long run they will reunite. TPTB have played it, & they left it open for further exploring, there was no debating who liked who ,or if it was a one-sided feeling....it was all completely MUTUAL between them, there was no "what is really there BS"!!
    At any time they could resurface EDeN...the stage has already been set for them!!!

Plus I keep in mind that after all the 'mole' fiasco, TPTB could have easily dropped EdeN's story there & made them dispise each other, show angst & bitterness...they DIDN'T though!!

They showed quite the opposite, & even now with them being "apart", they still show signs of care between them both ....Eric asking if she was ok after Lipton grabbed her arm; the whole Deep Freeze scene; Eric sneaking up close behind her in Chain Reaction; Nat asking HIM if he was ok after the shootout in the finale).....those things don't spell out a couple who's relationship is supposed to be completely over!!!!
    EdeN is good for the go, (**ahem**with a few obstacles to overcome)....they just need the right story to reconnect them, & I really hope this new season we'll get that cause I think what's going on with Eric is going to possibly get worse & Natalia could be the one who helps him out this time around.
    :D

6. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

You do bring up a good point... there could have been potential for a rift between Eric and Natalia, but TPTB chose not to use that angle.

Corey doesn't answer emails anymore? Aw man... oh well, at least he still reads them.

Oh hell yeah!

7. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Um HUGE POTENTIAL!!!! AND THEY DIDN'T!!!
    They could have easily played them off with tons of animosity. Instead they used Ryan as the one who was unable to forgive & forget, so there's only one good reason (my opinion) why TPTB would have not chosen that angle of them being angry with one another, & that's if the plan was to leave the relationship open for later exploring.
    To me, there are just too many little things left unsaid & unresloved between them, and too many reasons why they could reunite, more than reasons why they couldn't...ya know?;)

Anyway...we have this new little gadget here to create "social groups", so I've created one for EDeN, you can find it in the control panel when you edit your profile. It's titled EDeN's Garden..so come join!
    :beer:

8. doublehelix

doublehelix Police Officer

Greetings good EDeN Folks! Sorry, I have been a little silent of late.

I would like to put my 2 cents in on what Eric and Natalia need to do in order to get the romantic ball rolling again.

I tend to see it like this. They BOTH need to clear the air and forgive and forget to each other. As I see it, both sides of this coin made mistakes. Neither side was perfect and neither side was innocent.
    First: Eric IMHO was the first to screw up. The whole "cleared for landing" incident was came out of a small misunderstanding and Eric reacted poorly. Let's face it, back in the season 4 days and previous, Eric Delko was a flake, especially when it came to the relationships with his ladyfriends.

Second: Natalia hid the truth. And if anyone remembers from early on in season 4, Natalia made a passing comment to Eric -"It seems you have some trust issues!" To which Eric replied "You're right." Now we all know Natalia didn't rat anyone out, none the less it did not help in mending bridges with Eric.

I do agree with some that the reappearance of Nat's now-dead ex-husband probably confused the situation. Eric knew what Nick had done to Natalia. Eric would probably be shocked-how could she go back to him after he had done all those things to her. And as some said, the whole thing made Eric unsure of where he fits in with Natalia. I would hope that at at some point she could explain it to him, then he might understand. After that, the whole issue becomes water under the bridge.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  9. mjszud

mjszud Captain

That was something I was always waiting for after Nick's death!
    In 'Throwing Heat', I thought for sure there would be some type of conversation between them about what happened, the entire story sounded alot like Natalia's....the spousal abuse, then the woman being the prime suspect....I mean DUH!!
    I think Eric's confusion & frustration with what had happened with Natalia/Nick kinda surfaced in that epi showing he was angry with the situation. Sad, that they didn't give them a chance to talk about it.
    Maybe it was too soon & TPTB didn't want to force it at the moment with Natalia mourning THE JERK.:rolleyes:

Still....I hope that at some point we see Carmen (Eric's lawsuit chick) again & that whole story resurfaces a little.....that could open up an opportunity for them to have a few words about what she was going through & Eric's point of view also.....it would make for a great EDeN moment!!!
    :angel:

10. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

doublehelix! *tackles* We've missed you... it was pretty lonely with just me and MJ.

You both bring up good points... it seems to me that TPTB want to give EDeN space so they could deal with their separate issues before confronting the issue of their relationship.

Once that's taken care of, there's definite potential for EDeN to be resurrected. What do you think?

11. doublehelix

doublehelix Police Officer

I believe there is great potential for EDeN to resurrected in just about any situation. Call me an optimist. Whether it happens kind of accidentally, or they just kind of "drift" back toward each other. Either way they are going to have to talk about the past before they can truly move forward. That could be before an actual reunion, during, or even shortly after. Both need to say they're sorry. I also think Eric needs to be reassured that he's not going to be living in Nick's shadow any more either.

12. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

I don't think he was never in Nick's shadow... Nick was just something Natalia was forced to deal with. I just think that she didn't let Eric know that, so maybe that's why he felt that way.

But I agree with you... they both need to resolve their past in order to move on from there. Who knows, maybe a new beginning is in the works...

13. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Some reasurance is defintitely what Eric needs & in a way so does Natalia!! They were both misunderstood with alot of things, mostly Eric, but there was also that time when Natalia looked as if she was unsure as well.

When Nick slapped the restraining order on her & Eric was forced to make note of what happened....he didn't want to, but Natalia didn't get to see that, when she questioned him he told her it wasn't the right place to discuss it & then when Nick showed up at the crime scene Eric told her she had to leave because of it, but then turned around & told Nick I don't have your back...that's damn strait...he had Nat's back, only AGAIN she didn't see that part.

Then onto when she was arrested the same sort of thing happened again, Eric wanted to be the one who was on the case but wasn't allowed.
    Remember the look on her face when she was being hauled into the lab in cuffs, how desperate she was for Eric to say anything to support her. He couldn't though, she didn't even comment to Calleigh who was also standing there, she was looking for defense from Eric.
    and in interrogation when Jake mentioned Eric (whom she dated he mentions) saying she shoved Nick. Nat's response was did he say that, he really said that.
    Something along those lines. Still, in every given situation with them, something is always said or done to make one of them feel "unsure" about where they stand in each others life.

There's alot they both need to clear up with one another.

~~~
    I agree TPTB put the relationship on hold for a while to let them go seperate directions...also to give Natalia the chance to become a full CSI & concentrate on work.
    Well, she has the gun now & she's doing good so.. it's TIME!

:)

14. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Yeah, TPTB really need to clear that up... the way they decided to approach EDeN's relationship was kind of like a half-baked scheme. Let's hope they do it right this time. *crosses fingers*

15. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

I love how I can count on this thread always being active, even though I don't contribute to it too much anymore. (Sorry! Life's hectic!) You guys are awesome.

Honestly, I'm not sure. She's been so focused on becoming a full-fledged CSI and has had so much anxiety about getting her firearms license that I feel like one of the last things on her mind was her relationships with others. I think she still has feelings for Eric, but they've kind of been put on the backburner for now so that she can focus on her career. Once she's completely comfortable, I can see her feelings resurfacing and becoming somewhat deeper than they already are.

Totally. I also agree that a chase seems immature, and we've already had more than enough immaturity in their relationship. With Eric being a "player" and Natalia looking for any kind of love--even sexual--after her whole ordeal with Nick, things were bound to get immature. I don't think that either really knew how to have a proper relationship, so it was just one big mess.

Natalia has grown as a lot as a person since season four, and I think she'd be ready to have a real, loving, mature relationship this time around. Eric has also grown, particularly after getting shot in the head. I think that if the two were to get back together, things would work much better than they had in the past.

I agree. Things should go much more slow this time around. As much as I'd LOVE it if they just looked at each other and immediately wanted to do all kinds of naughty things (which I wouldn't object to :lol:), this realtionship needs time to rebuild properly. As much as I'd love to see the CSIs outside of work, that rarely happens, so their rebuilding would have to be through working more cases together and having more conversations in the lab.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.