Eric/Greg: Leggo Our Greggo Thread #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason I picture Greg having a ferret (if they're not illegal in Nevada). :lol: But, if not I can picture him having a dog.

Actually I think we have talked about this before I thought Greg might have a rat as a pet. Just as an ode to his Lab Rat days. :lol:

I can't see Greg owning a rodent. He seems more like a dog fancier to me. I picture him with a chocolate lab and a yellow lab. Cute!

Rats are very cool pets actually though. They are pretty smart. I can't see him having a dog, simply for the same reason I do not own one. I am not home long enough in the day to be fair to the dog. I have guinea pigs, which are still cute and furry but do not need the attention and love so much that a dog requires. I could see him with a cat, as they are a bit more independent than a dog.

Cats are much more independent than dogs. I have a comparison - four cats in my apartment in my town, and two dogs in the city:lol: Greg can have a cat 'cause of character I think. Dogs need more attention and working in the crime lab is taking so many hours. I can picture Greg with dog but he can't have it 'cause of lack of time. Rats are very intelligent. Surely that animal can fit him perfectly.

Banshee -I was thinking the same thing, cats can take care of themselves. Just leave them some food, water, and a litterbox and they are happy. Greg's job would be more fitting for a cat than a dog. IMO

I think most of us want that one specific relationship but I still do not see them actually going with that. But overall I would love for them to just tell us more about our Greggo that we already do not know.

Just more privet life of Greg;) I'd like to see flirting Greg with someone but I want him in one "specific" relationship. I think that many of you agree with me, right BOO!_bles?;)

That one specific relationship:lol:

Anyway, you're right Dizz, we all really want to know more. About Nick we know a lot, even that he hates peanut butter. Small detail but nice to know, sometimes it's giving more than, for example, a big drama in past. It's making fictional characters more real for us (I hope it has sense, lol).

I never thought I'd say this, but I'd rather they avoid canon romance. I'd rather see them focus on exploring his character and giving some more general background info on his life than use character time exploring or creating a new relationship. I feel like any work on relationships is bound to disappoint somebody, be they The Love shippers or those who are uncomfortable with same-sex relationships. Personally, I have no problem with slash couples, and the Love is definitely growing on me (especially thanks to WMTDB and MsMaggs), but it seems inevitable that any slash romance would disappoint quite a few viewers, while any romance for Greggo that isn't the Love would disappoint the solid NG ship fan base. It feels like a no-win situation.

It seems preferable for TPTB to just continue to throw in subtext-y scenes between Greg and various possible romantic interests, and let shippers see in those scenes what they will. As long as there's fanfiction, then I for one don't really need on-screen romance. I honestly wonder if the writers could top some of the fanfiction I've read for Nick and Greg, and don't really want to see them try.

At the same time, I feel it's more the fanfiction author in me talking, because having less solid info on relationships, but more on characters' backgrounds (as well as more subtext and fun scenes between characters), creates a lot more potential for different fics, about different ships. It fuels the imaginations of viewers who want to be able to see something more between any combination of characters, if that makes any sense.

Anyways, for now I'm just crossing my fingers for more Greggo screen time. If Hodges gets more screentime than Greg again tonight, I'm gonna be peeved. If we're lucky, maybe TPTB will be kind enough to throw in more character drama/development/background in S9, but, given the attention Greg's gotten in the last few seasons (aside from the Fannysmacking arc), I really doubt it.

I don't like Hodges getting more screen time than Greg ^ ^ (I have nothing specific against Hodges (really;)), just I don't seem him as a main character- I know he's in the credits and everything, but the screen time could be better spent on Greg ;))

I could see him with a cat ,as someone said ,they're more independent ,so would be ok with him not being there that much.

Hodges has always gotten more screentime than Greg, so I have resented him from the very beginning.

I can't say that I hate or even don't like Hodges. Sometimes he's fine and sometimes not. And I'm afraid that I need to agree with Wojo. He got more screentime and it's showing that TPTB is helpless when they need to work with character who is changing. Greg was a lab tech, and then he started to be CSI. If I good remember, from the early beginning TPTB wanted Greg to be only a lab tech so only a recurring character. They changed their minds, Eric helped them a lot, but now TPTB have no idea what to do with one of the most popular characters. And Hodges - recurring character who is now main. TPTB has no problem with him. All the time lab tech just because he doesn't like work in the field. It's making him a little bit the same all the time. Anyway, it's not a good sign. This situation is showing how big problems can have writers etc. when they need to develope a character "from zero to hero".

I totally agree with what you've just said Banshee_D. It's as though TPTB don't know what to do with Greg, it's much easier for them to just give Hodges the screen time, which sucks.

And I guess the big difference in field/lab work could impact the amount of time Greg has

Well I would not say Hodges has always gotten more screen time than Greg. I have a friend who is a huge Hodges fan and he was not even in this season's 2nd episode at all and we did at least have some Greg in it.

I still think the writers are just confused on how to write Greg, although I have no idea why.

Okay onto more fun stuff...new erockster interview. Although Eric is not shown in it too much, plus it seems the video quality is not as good as previous videos. Oh well, it's still some Eric.

Well at least we have that video because I have a bad feeling we may get very little Greg time tonight after seeing a couple of preview videos for tonight's episode. Lots of Riley though. I don't want to dislike her but...so help me... :scream:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back