Eric/Calleigh storyline -- why we dislike it. Part 2 **spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Apr 18, 2010.

1. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

Noted. I honestly can't say I agree with that. If the writers can't juggle the current cast properly, how they squeeze a baby in. Leave that for the fanfic writers if you ask me.

2. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^
    I agree with that and hope we won't have to deal with it.At some point,there would be drama with the baby too,either a switched at birth or kidnapping scenario.

3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

<edit & snipped>

If she wants a baby, go for it. But I absolutely don't approve of it being written in -- TPTB already have a hard time coming up with storylines for other characters when e/c is in play -- a pregnancy would be much worse for those other characters.

On the "TPTB wanting a younger audience" subject -- I'm sure they do, however, I'm quite sure that alot of young viewers have different interests & not all of them solely watch for this storyline. Ryan/Jon has a huge fanbase, & while I'm not sure the average age group, I doubt they're a bunch of old fogeys. IMO, TPTB can still attract the young viewers by utilizing the OTHER characters, not just Eric and Calleigh.

ETA: Sorry, Greatfan. Hadn't seen your post above.

4. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

Yes it was the article from about a year ago. I'm just really behind the times so didn't see it until now. :lol: I think that the idea of making Calleigh pregnant is selfish and should not be incorporated into the show. E/C have had enough drama to last them a lifetime. I say move on and let other characters have the spotlight. It wouldn't kill them or would it? ;)
    Actually a bunch do. On the CBS forums I know that many fans (I'm not trying to be mean or "attack" other people, but if I am feel free to yell at me mods and delete this part out) will stop watching and did for this season.
    This is exactly why we are in this "predicament" in the first place. Not all fan groups are very vocal, but I have to say that the fans don't have ALL the power in the matter. I know for a fact that many of the writers are E/C shippers so IMO they are the ones to blame, the fans were just the extra boost that confirmed that this story IS a good idea and WILL be successful, when in fact it isn't and won't be.
    I've decided to just overlook that. They have every right to start a thread and I doubt that it will be competition for us, because I don't think any of us are planning to become E/C shippers. I think it's easier to go from E/C shipper to non-E/C shipper than the other way around. At least I think so.
    And that right there is enough for me to be convinced that IF our nightmare becomes a reality and Calleigh does indeed become pregnant (in the show, EP is free to do whatever she wishes as long as it doesn't leak into the show) I will no longer watch the show. I know that little "baby delko" will get more screentime then any of the other characters combined. In fact, I'm sure one of little baby Delko's diapers is more important then why Ryan has OCD or who is parents are. (I'm sure something to that effect has been said before) :rolleyes: If the series ends without me knowing ANYTHING about Ryan's family I will be the most unhappy person the whole world. But sadly, I feel this is the road that TPTB are taking. And I really wish they wouldn't... :shifty:
    NOTE: If anyone feels that I was "attacking" any E/C shippers in this post please know that I wasn't intending to do so. And if I was then feel free to yell at me as much as you like mods and to delete this post. Ok now I don't feel as guilty. :thumbsup:

5. slower

slower Lab Technician

It is one thing for EP to chose to have a baby; but entirely a different subject to write it into the show without it consuming an episode. If she wants to get pregnant there are huge purses out there to hide the evidence. :lol: Then they could send her off to some seminar; while on maternity leave. I certainly don't want to see the whole baby drama.

I saw that other thread last night. My first thought was that the supporters now have two threads. It is so redundant. :shifty:

6. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I think you misunderstood me. :) I do know there are alot of fans who support the ship & watch soley for them, I meant that not ALL young fans are supporters -- I know many fans in the age group that tptb like to attract who are not at all invested in this storyline.

It would be the last straw for me as well. Calleigh's near-death tragedies would turn into "near-miscarriage" tragedies & I wouldn't dare watch a second of that garbage. To be quite honest, I can't watch Calleigh/Procter do ANYTHING anymore -- I flat-out just do not like her, & the character is getting more annoying as the seasons go by. All she has to do is pop on the screen & I have to turn my head & scream. And for the record, I did used to like her, but all the drama circling around this forced storyline has done nothing but make her look weak, dependant, & self-centered.

7. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Just wanted to post a reminder here (for newcomers and regulars alike) because of a couple things that I've seen above, that we're to discuss the storyline with regards to what happens on the show and not the fans here who may/may not support them. If the shoe fits, adjust accordingly. ;) As always, if there's an issue with a thread or a poster, please use the NM button or send FieldMouse and/or I a PM. Thanks! :)

Back to your regular scheduled programming.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  8. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Does that mean we shouldn't post what we don't want to see on the show regarding the couple? I thought we could post what happened on the show as well as how how the show may be affected by possible upcoming storylines (like reduced screet time for others), any interviews,promos,etc that deal with the romance. I know there isn't to be any bashing,but I didn't think the thread was restricted to what happens on the show only,at least that's not what I got out of the rules initially.I didn't PM because someone else may have the same question or question,hope that's okay.

9. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Yeah, it's fine to discuss what has happened on the show as well as what may happen based on past/present/upcoming storylines, spoilers, interviews, promos etc. :) Hopefully that clears it up.

10. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

I thought my comment was crossing the line. I will ensure that it does not happen again. Thank you for the gentle reminder. :)
    I did misunderstand you. Thank you for the clarification, and due to our reminder I will drop the subject. :thumbsup:
    I know how you feel. EP/Calleigh used to be my second favorite actors/characters (no one could beat Ryan/Jon of course XD), now because of all of this drama, she has fallen down to be my second least favorite character (no one can irritate me as much as Eric XD. He started to go down for me after the whole shot in the head deal and did not like him since) so now, the amazing Horatio/David is my second fav. *sigh* more drama comes with a baby. But then again, we will NEVER escape this Calleigh drama to be completely honest. I feel that we're gonna have to endure another season of this. :brickwall: To be completely honest, I'm absolutely SURE we are gonna see another Calleigh stuck in a fire episode. Since they seem to like that idea so much. And it apparently "boosts the ratings". I think, like Eric's bullet in the head, Calleigh's lung problem will become HER crutch just like Eric's bullet fragment was HIS crutch. Will we ever escape this madness?

I feel that EP didn't do as good a job as she could with the whole ghost thing and the fire scene at the beginning, what was up with that? Some huge fireball flies at her, so she ducks and is completely clean. Not one piece of ash and of course her hair was perfect and nothing was messy or had ash in it. I dunno. They seemed to "clean" coming out of their for a fire. I mean, I may not of been watching it carefully, but didn't Calleigh come out the same way that she went in?! :confused: Talk about unrealistic. I dunno, I think SGIYC was done better, you know what it wasn't. They both were awful and I don't know why I wasted my time watching them. :rolleyes: At least we weren't drowned in E/C scenes in this episode. That's ONE positive thing. And the large amounts of Ryan (esp wet :drool:) also helped me enjoy the episode a bit. :drool: Otherwise not bad.

I think that the writers were a bit kind to us in this episode, but I feel they'll put more E/C scenes in the upcoming episodes.
    Sorry I can't remember if this is the episode with jake or not. XD. Too many episodes to keep track of. Anyways, I feel we'll get more E/C drama when the amazing Jake comes back (I actually think Jake is amazing, please don't think I'm being sarcastic. :p). I guess when that happens a wonderful fast forward button will be used. I just hope that we get at least ONE nice Jake scene, so I don't have to fast forward through every single one of his scenes and then miss him! *sigh* I hate filtering through my episodes. I really wish it wasn't necessary. I guess if they brought the romance along better then I wouldn't have been so opposed to it, but you never know. It's not like everyone would have enjoyed it if they brought it around better. Not everyone likes the same thing :lol:
    Baby drama, wohoo. That's really what I look forward to every night when I turn on CSI Miami. In fact, I started watching JUST to see baby drama. :rolleyes: (I'll stop the sarcasm now XD) I think the writers have more sense then to throw baby drama into this show. Of course I don't want to give them too much credit. :p I guess we'll have to wait for the "defining moment" to see if season 9 will be worth watching. But then again, I'm sure the defining moment won't occur until the end of season 9 or something now that AR is back. You know how the writers love to milk everything and drag it out as long as possible. :rolleyes:
    ^^ whoa long rambly post. I promise I'm done ranting... for now... :devil: :lol: just kidding.

11. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Okay, so tptb are absolutely bent that the e/c storyline is the way to go? Fine. Let them do it. I bought the first 3 seasons on dvd and will look at other shows or write some fanfic with no E/C in it! It just may be that we'll have to vote with our wallets and our remotes.

I think I'd laugh my fool head off if Emily did become pregnant and then had to squeeze those swollen ankles into those 6" stilettos. Or squeeze into those teeny weeny little catsuits while dealing with water weight gain. Or subject Adam Rodriguez to the mood swings.

Am I a sadistic cuss or what? :lol:

12. greatfan

greatfan Captain

That is not a pretty picture,but just thinking of the image has me laughing my head off.:guffaw:
    I like your sadistic streak.

13. Court

Court Prime Suspect

I like that plan. Let the revolution begin.

:guffaw:
    Yeeeeeeesssss. I'm envious that I didn't think of that. You are my hero.

14. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

I picture her reporting to work and Horatio sees her and with a deadpan look, breaks the 4th wall and says

"She wore stilettoes........"

15. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

That is nice to see. I think that these people tune in to the show for the same reason most of us do; to see crimes being solved in sun drenched Miami, not to watch a constantly present, never ending and poorly written romance turning the show into a soap opera.

And that is the problem; it has pushed aside the rest of the cast and alienated their fan base (and yes Virginia, the rest of the characters have their fans too:eek:). Those of us who are fans of the other characters want to see our favorites do more than stand in the background and watch these two do their mating dance.

Or episodes. They have hidden pregnancies on done many other shows with great success.

It might be the only way they'd learn.

I love it!!:thumbsup::lol: Add to that a ballistics expert with access to guns with mood swings:rolleyes:.