Eric/Calleigh storyline -- why we dislike it. Part 2 **spoilers**

I think I'd laugh my fool head off if Emily did become pregnant and then had to squeeze those swollen ankles into those 6" stilettos. Or squeeze into those teeny weeny little catsuits while dealing with water weight gain. Or subject Adam Rodriguez to the mood swings.

Am I a sadistic cuss or what? :lol:
I love it!!:thumbsup::lol: Add to that a ballistics expert with access to guns with mood swings:rolleyes:.

Thank you for the image :guffaw:

Ok...seriously, I still rememeber when she EP came up with this stuff and yes I rolled my eyes as well to her statments (probably that was her first statement that truely disappointed me). Yes it's a good news that she wants to get pregnant, I can only wish that to her. I mean that's the best thing that could happen to a woman, at least in my opinion. I can also cope with the idea she would like to have her pregnancy in the show....hey it's just a wish, but I truely disliked how she mentioned it. At that time, I thought that it was mainly because of the way journalists kept writing on that stuff, but the more I see how TPTB keep writing down exactly what she wants (I mean Jake's return to the show right few weeks later EP mentioned how she would love to have him back sounds too coincidential for me :rolleyes:), the more I'm scared they're gonna listen to her another time!!!

A pregnancy, especially hers, is exactly what she show DOESN'T need at the time. While I could have coped with it long long time ago, especially when Natalia thought she was pregnant, I cannot accept it right now. That really would mean the end of the show for me. I can accept a show that crumbles because of the bad writing or the little audience, but I will not tollerate a show crumbling because TPTB listen their actors and their crazy ideas :lol:!!!! The only one who gave a less crazy idea to TPTB was Jonathan Togo (at least that's what I got from his last interview)...TPTB, listen to that poor guy :lol:

I'm done rambling :p

A pregnancy, especially hers, is exactly what she show DOESN'T need at the time. While I could have coped with it long long time ago, especially when Natalia thought she was pregnant, I cannot accept it right now. That really would mean the end of the show for me. I can accept a show that crumbles because of the bad writing or the little audience, but I will not tollerate a show crumbling because TPTB listen their actors and their crazy ideas :lol:!!!! The only one who gave a less crazy idea to TPTB was Jonathan Togo (at least that's what I got from his last interview)...TPTB, listen to that poor guy :lol:
Yes I completely agree. If Calleigh becomes pregnant TPTB would have crossed the line. I just can't put up with this anymore! Sometimes I wonder why I even started watching it in the first place, then I remember how amazing seasons 1-3 were, which sorta is like a light in a dark cave, but then reality sets in and the light turns off... (Weird analogy in a situation like this I know, but hey it was the only thing I could think of :p)
I think I'd laugh my fool head off if Emily did become pregnant and then had to squeeze those swollen ankles into those 6" stilettos. Or squeeze into those teeny weeny little catsuits while dealing with water weight gain. Or subject Adam Rodriguez to the mood swings.

Am I a sadistic cuss or what? :lol:
:guffaw: I could only begin to imagine episodes like that. Not only would poor AR be tortured I am sure that we would be as well. HAHAHAHA. I just can't see Calleigh handling labor pains well. Oh my, if we are subjected to that I will never forgive TPTB. There's only so much I can take! :shifty:

Hmm. I actually am starting to look forward to seeing Jake next week. I wonder how TPTB will handle is returning. I actually have to agreee that it is kinda fishy that Emily Procter wants Jake to come back and BOOM 2 weeks later here's Jake! I just hope they don't make him the bad guy again. Or involve him in this horrid love triangle story again. As much as I hate to think this way, if the ONLY reason why they brought in Jake was to be incorporated in this love triangle story AKA setting up the E/C romance, then he should have left or gotten killed off a while ago. And I HATE to say that because I truly LOVE Jake. *sigh* the way I think now... Poor Johnny, poor Jon, poor David, heck POOR ALL OF THEM EXCEPT EP AND AR. :shifty:
When will the madness end?

hey, I don't belong to this thread, I know. I would like to quote Emily in her defence though(I'm talking about the Jake thing):

Calleigh has poor taste in men," Procter says. "She's the child of an alcoholic. She has an alcoholic father. She picks terrible people for herself.

"One's dead; one got married. Jake disappeared, but I think he's coming back. Then there was the guy that I rode out into the sunset with, that we never saw again. He rode off into 'Cougar Town.' That's true, he did."

That's the interview from Zap2it which I believe Florry was referring to(or maybe a different one?Then I'm sorry). English is not my first language but I believe that she didn't actually say anywhere that she wants him back or suggested to the writers that she wants him back. It's a pure speculation that she has such an influence on writers. Isn't it likely that she gets a script at least a month before the episode airs and that's how she knew he is coming back then? I believe she mentioned recently that she would like to wear more feminine clothes and yet she is wearing catsuits all the time so I wouldn't blame her about everything that is going on in the show.
As far as I know, Jake is back to the show not only to interfere with EC(most hiphuggers is not happy about that too) but to be involved in big H.'s betrayal and the diamonds case.

Last edited:
well ...I try to stay away from this thread but I cant!:lol: lool
because I think there is certain unacceptable attitudes from EP as an actress!
since she have a lot of "sense of humor" she should be more careful when it comes to do interviews! And even more carefull she should be since she knows that writers do everything she wants! please, please ask for spin off!
Spin off, dude .... give them a spin off!
I doubt if I'll continue watching CSI:M regularly for S9! depends a lot how Natalia, Ryan, Jesse and Horatio end up this season!

I prefer them to kill Calleigh than continue with this joke! (i'm not kidding)

Even my friends (who are all hiphuggers or something like those ridiculous names that people give couples) they are already tired of all this drama around E & C. especially after "backfire" because they were waiting for the "moment that would define their relationship" and they saw nothing!

as I have said, some actors (maybe) need to start having a "sense of humor" in interviews to see if their characters have a decent storyline!

Thank you for the image :guffaw:

Sorry; I couldn't resist.:)

I can accept a show that crumbles because of the bad writing or the little audience, but I will not tollerate a show crumbling because TPTB listen their actors and their crazy ideas :lol:!!!! The only one who gave a less crazy idea to TPTB was Jonathan Togo (at least that's what I got from his last interview)...TPTB, listen to that poor guy :lol:

Especially when the ideas don't benefit the show as much as that particular actor. That is why: listen to Jon; it will help the show.:lol:

I'm done rambling :p

I enjoyed it.

hey, I don't belong to this thread, I know. I would like to quote Emily in her defence though(I'm talking about the Jake thing):

Calleigh has poor taste in men," Procter says. "She's the child of an alcoholic. She has an alcoholic father. She picks terrible people for herself.

"One's dead; one got married. Jake disappeared, but I think he's coming back. Then there was the guy that I rode out into the sunset with, that we never saw again. He rode off into 'Cougar Town.' That's true, he did."

well ...I try to stay away from this thread but I cant!:lol: lool
because I think there is certain unacceptable attitudes from EP as an actress!
since she have a lot of "sense of humor" she should be more careful when it comes to do interviews! And even more carefull she should be since she knows that writers do everything she wants! please, please ask for spin off!
Spin off, dude .... give them a spin off!
I doubt if I'll continue watching CSI:M regularly for S9! depends a lot how Natalia, Ryan, Jesse and Horatio end up this season!

Things never seem to come off worse in print than when one is shown live.
That seems to be the same for me as well. Knock off any one of them, continue with the "romance" and the constant tension and I won't be watching myself.

I prefer them to kill Calleigh than continue with this joke! (i'm not kidding)

I'm sure they won't but I see your point.

Even my friends (who are all hiphuggers or something like those ridiculous names that people give couples) they are already tired of all this drama around E & C. especially after "backfire" because they were waiting for the "moment that would define their relationship" and they saw nothing!

I can see it drawn out so long everyone loses interest (in my dreams anyway)

as I have said, some actors (maybe) need to start having a "sense of humor" in interviews to see if their characters have a decent storyline.

Maybe that's Jon Togo's problem: no "sense of humor":rolleyes: (just kidding it seems Jon has a great sense of humor). Any port in the storm at this point.

Actually I was referring to another interview back from that period where she mentioned how she would like the idea of having Jake back to continue this triangle.

I certianly am not speculating that she obtains anything she wants, but if you look back at what has been happening the show ever since the beginning of s5, you probably would see where I get my ideas from. I mean it's a feeling I get when thinking about what has been happening to the entire show in the last 4 years. I hope I am wrong, but that's a strong feeling and I think quite a lot of people have it as well.

Anyone of the actors/actresses of the show has some kind of idea on their own characters, but I think that sometimes the Emily's interviews (probaly that's because of the journalist....I don't wanna speculate anything) are over the top in this term. I mean I was actually shocked to hear something like this from Jonathan Togo's lip in his last interviews 'cause lately all I've been hearing was Emily talking about a possible pregnancy on the show (btw she should have avoided it...I think that's what induced many people to be disappointed in her) or talking about her love drama which I could also not care considering this isn't a soap opera :rolleyes:

I for once wasn't speculating anything! And if that's what you thought from your post, I can only apologize but I cannot agree with you ;)

I mean I was actually shocked to hear something like this from Jonathan Togo's lip in his last interviews 'cause lately all I've been hearing was Emily talking about a possible pregnancy on the show (btw she should have avoided it...I think that's what induced many people to be disappointed in her) or talking about her love drama which I could also not care considering this isn't a soap opera :rolleyes:
I feel behind the times. What interview is this? Would some kind person mind posting me the link? :p Thank you very much!!! :)

StarGazer, Jon's interview link is posted in the Jon/Ryan thread. :)

kala, the E/C fans aren't the only ones who aren't happy about them bringing Jake back just to mess with E/C. I wanted to see him again, but only as a detective. I didn't want him involved in the E/C relationship... mostly because I really really hate love triangles, anytime, anywhere, any people, any show. :lol: They are just always so cliche. :lol: And writers never cease to use them. :lol:

I reiterate. If tptb are hell-bent on turning it into The Eric and Calleigh Show, vote with your remote control and your wallet. They may preach to us now that E/C is oh-so-beautiful and it's nice to have true love
post-3-1167411864.gif
in the middle of all that violence and killing (Did they forget that most of Horatio's love interests kept getting killed?).

Well, just let their ratings tank, and all that beautiful E/C will go right out the window. And if that doesn't happen, then we know tptb have a career death wish, and all you can do is wave bye bye as they go over the cliff.

Really!!! How obvious can they be as to why Jake is there?:wtf: Please, Eric jealous, Calleigh beaming (towards Eric). I'm just going to throw myself under a bus or that lake that is forming in front of my house looks pretty good. :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:When is the nonsense going to end? :rolleyes:

Really!!! How obvious can they be as to why Jake is there?:wtf: Please, Eric jealous, Calleigh beaming (towards Eric). I'm just going to throw myself under a bus or that lake that is forming in front of my house looks pretty good. :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:When is the nonsense going to end? :rolleyes:

Yeah, Calleigh pulling her "sweet southern bimbo" routine and enjoying the jealous Eric (I wish TPTB would realize that there is a very small portion of the audience that enjoys this childish nomance game they are playing) and with about as much subtly as a trainwreck trying to make Eric feel more unsure of who she wants to have sex with this week was special to see -- NOT!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Eric is again acting like a child and Calleigh is again pulling his strings by playing her coy little passive/aggressive game. The only one who came out of those scenes looking good is Jake. (Just how freaking HOT is Johnny Whitworth! :drool: Give me Horatio, Ryan, Jesse and Jake, throw in a little Rick, and I'm a happy woman!) Jake didn't seem to be affected at all by Eric's chest-beating about what Calleigh has told him.

That said, however, it truly could have been worse! I was able to at least tolerate watching the show real time last night. And if I rewatch it I wouldn't have to fast-forward every 10 seconds to avoid the nomance.

IMO Jake didn't appear to be overly interested in Calleigh. It was nothing he did that made that could bring on Eric's insecurity about the nomance. All Jake did was show up. I didn't get the feeling that he was the least bit interested in starting up again with Calleigh.

If Jake merely making an appearance can set the nomance on tilt, then it's not very solid to begin with.

Edit: Oh, and one more thing. I thought Calleigh was going home because she was "tired." All of sudden she's rejuvenated and hyped up enough to go out with the group for drinks? Was that supposed to be some cutsie little indication to Eric that she was ready for sex?

I keep thinking that if I liked this nomance and the two characters involved I'd find that kind of childish crap cute. I don't. Because it appears with those two that sex is all they have. And from the looks of it, bad sex. I found myself rolling my eyes and saying, "Grow the hell up already!" I'm surprised that Horatio hasn't caught them going at it like bunnies in the closet yet they're both so juvenile about this nomance! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
That said, however, it truly could have been worse!
If by "worse" you mean Jake and Eric making out in front of Calleigh, I hear you :guffaw::wtf: ewwww I should stop that immediatly :lol:

Ok seriously Jake was like "whatever" all the immature Eric's comments, I swear I could see him roll his eyes :lol:. Though I wish Jake would have punched Eric's nose 'cause that's what the guy deserved in that scene....oh well for that matter he deserves it all the time, but that's another story :rolleyes:.

What else? Oh yeah Calleigh playing the southern bimbo.....pff nothing new, but oh yeah I hear you, it could have been much worse :shifty:

Last edited:
Back