Eric/Calleigh storyline -- why we dislike it. Part 2 **spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I'll be nice, but I had to laugh out loud when Calleigh keep talking and nobody could hear her especially Ryan, Natalia and Jesse....that's all I'm gonna say about the episode. Thank god we have Ryan, Walter, Jesse, Natali and H :lol:. Though I must admit also Calleigh as Melinda Gordon was funny to watch :lol:

2. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

That's kind of what I thought. It's getting to the point where if Adam Rodriguez is going to be in it, there's likely to be E/C overload. I didn't watch last night.

But thanks for the heads-up that Natalia will have a storyline soon. I'll be looking for that. I have to wonder whether Eva LaRue isn't looking for greener pastures.

3. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

I believe one of the producers did said that there will be some 'full circle' that was suppose to happen in this 'repeat' episode. Reading people's comments, sorry guess we have been blatantly deceived, well not that we believed in the first place. A lot of things said were overly exaggerated. :rolleyes:

Next week is a repeat, so sorry to say Natalia doesn't have any storyline coming up, hers has been dumped aside.

The following week will be Part II of Backfire + Jake, isn't it, see how they are dragging it. Hmm...okay I shall not say more.

4. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

That wouldn't surprise me. You can't tell me that most viewers (with the exception of the those who live for this story arc) aren't sick of being jerked around with promises of everything being resolved and it not happening.

And this is possibly my biggest problem with this romance; it has taken over the show. You know, as I said before, a soap opera with a little crime solving thrown in. Not to mention the six other characters being ignored...

I wouldn't call it pessimism but a realistic view of the future.

Although I was expecting a lot worse, the whole romance not only didn't add to the episode but took away from it. The best parts (for me anyway) was as you Court stated; seeing Ryan for more than 20 seconds and Ryan being Ryan. Natalia is so underutilized as well it is just sad. It probably didn't help (again for me) that Eric's only purpose was to scream and stare moony eyed at Calleigh. Pass me a bucket:angryrazz:

It seems to be his only purpose on the show anymore. It is too bad too; Eric used to be the department's diver, spoke Russian and was a crack CSI.

5. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

What irked me most is that they throw any medicine book away...possibly a WC :rolleyes: only to have the ending scene along with Melinda Gordon.

While I could laugh out loud more than once when anyone kept ignoring her, I had to roll my eyes at the end. Not only the hospital released her after she had been in a coma for the second time in her life, not only they did it after a cardiac arrest......the hospital allowed her to sign the AMA paper so that she could wander in the morgue and caress the face of the guy and hug her Eric?????? For god's sake!!!!! STOP IT ALREADY!!!! Sue the medical staff, fire anyone of them....but this is CRAP!!!!
    **lets out a breath** whoa thank you for listening to me :lol:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The medicial inconsistencies on this show do bother me. On CSI they made a point to say that Ray was still on leave following getting a CONCUSSION. A concussion is minor compared to what happened to Calleigh and yet she's back to work the day she's released from the hospital? :wtf: :lol:

7. alexa

alexa Witness

that is my big problem with miami writers! but my biggest problem is how they mess up with Calleigh!

maybe it's just me ... but nothing, in this days, but nothing about calleigh can convinces me but anything!
    Ryan worried about her ....my thoughts "let her go and die alone!";)... even the "acting" of the actress seems that worsened through the years.

Emily looks tired and exhausted .... she needs a holiday (I don't know what but that women needs something) for her own health! And it reflects a lot on her acting ... is only an opinion! i'm not criticizing anybody and i don't pretend to offending anyone! just saying she really looks unhealthy. they should worry about her.

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:Breath:guffaw::guffaw:
    i know how you feel! my area of profession/work (clinical psychology) is the most joked in tvshows and it annoys me too! (Sometimes they even can be funny loool but only sometimes:guffaw:)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  8. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Actually I laughed out loud while watching that scene 'cause it looked like Ryan was exasperated by her behaviour and wanted her out of the way. When he strapped her down on the stretcher I almost chocked :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw: yeah he was worried :rolleyes::guffaw:

Yeah I know how you feel as well :guffaw:thank god I'm not the only one who's getting crazy while watching the show :lol:

9. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

It's not your imagination. I can tell you that at about the time the whole E/C thing started, the writers started getting sloppy with EVERYTHING, not just the medical side. In Resurrection, a guy in a prison jumpsuit had his own cell phone and even showed it to the CSI's. Hubby and I just about fell off our chairs laughing. Some booking clerk should've been fired for that, or some gangbanger would've gladly cracked his skull like a melon to get his hands on it.

If memory serves, wasn't much of Chain Reaction based on Kyle's having a contraband cell phone?

10. Court

Court Prime Suspect

Something like that. And I agree. I understand that tv writers are going to take certain "liberties" with reality but come on, they must think we are really stupid if they think we're going to buy that a hospital is going to let a woman who was in a friggin' coma and on life-support out after like, what, a day? Puh-lease. That's down right insulting. :rolleyes:

I wish the writers and TPTB would quit treating us like livestock and throwing any slop they come up with and expect us to eat it blindly. I think after eight years, we fans deserve a little more respect than that.

If they're going to take liberties, I wish they would at least attempt to make it believable and not assume that we're too stupid to know any better.

11. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

CSI Miami meets ghost whisperer. Just another example of the bad writing the writers have decided to throw at us. I had the misfortune of watching it Monday night and I really wish I didn't. I mean the episode was OK, but I mainly think that I could stand it is because I've lowered my standards for these episodes the last couple of years, which is really upsetting for me as a fan. Reflecting on what CSI Miami used to be, it's amazing that I can actually put up with this crap that they throw at us.
    Perfect. That right there is what I've been feeling for the past few seasons. I actually can't believe my standards have lowered just to keep up with this "slop" they've thrown at us. I mean actually... It's like you said, just down right disrespectful. But I have to give the writers at least ONE good comment. The C/E scenes.. I actually cannot believe that we weren't drowned in them. I was actually a little bit impressed (which is odd. I should get over it now though). Usually when we have these scenarios we are drowned in these scenes, but of course all of you already know that.
    And Eddie Cibrian is being blamed for the ratings dropping. :rolleyes: Trust me, next season will be the biggest plummit ever. JMO of course, but I have a feeling that AR's return will make a lot more viewers stop watching then TPTB think. We'll see what they say when they see the ratings continue to drop. Of course I could be horribly wrong and this storyline will end, the writing will dramatically improve, all the characters will get balanced screentime and everything will go back to the way it was. :guffaw: did I actually just write that? Well that could happen, in my dreams of course.

12. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Wowee! Calleigh was in those 6" heels a day or so after going into cardiac arrest and getting an epi directly into the heart. What a gal!

Like I said in the Backfire thread, if there's going to be an E/C moment, someone suggested Calleigh be in the hospital and Delko tell her what's going on while sitting at her bedside and trying to steal some of that yummy lime Jello. :lol: I certainly see no problem with Calleigh (or Eric and Calleigh) visiting the boy's grave one or two episodes down the road and her thanking him. Something like that.

My point being, can't they make it at least a LITTLE more realistic? And why do E/C moments have to be weighted down with pain and angst? For all they deal with day to day (especially these two with all the near-death experiences!!), can't E/C have some fun, playful moments? That was something I liked about the old characters. They could play and kid each other. Now everything's so deadly serious and emotional.

13. alexa

alexa Witness

the time on CSI is quite different loool they solve cases in a day!?! at least here in Portugal some cases (many cases) take years and years to be solved!
    so I'm not surprised that eric have returned to work so soon after the bullet in the head and not now with Calleigh.

totally agree !!!!!!! maybe when this happens i will like E&C again.
    they need funny and hot moments like with jake:drool:! i really enjoy theirs moments.

14. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

And Eddie Cibrian is being blamed for the ratings dropping. :rolleyes: Trust me, next season will be the biggest plummit ever. JMO of course, but I have a feeling that AR's return will make a lot more viewers stop watching then TPTB think. We'll see what they say when they see the ratings continue to drop.

For some reason this won't highlight, so I made it bold.

That's really too bad. A lot of posters have stated that Eddie (and Omar for that matter) have brought a badly needed freshness to the show which probably be ignored when AR returns full time next year. Back to everyone against everyone else (well, maybe only Ryan), and suffering through an naseating amount of E/C angst. I agree that the ratings could very easilly nosedive; it sounds as if the E/C centric eppies rack lower than the ones without Eric. Oh, the viewers who love E/C will turn in, but if the rest of us don't...... And especially if they drop an character/actor to make run for this mess to continue. I hope everyone else returns but I am not sure the writers are motivated enough or talented enough to write stories for all 8 characters. The E/C nonsense for sure, but not anything else:scream:

That will happen when hell freezes over. Heaven forbid we end it and concentrate on someone else.:brickwall::angryrazz:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  15. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

hmm... I always thought that each episode spanned for a couple of days, because like you said, it's not possible to solve a case a day. But it is a non-realistic crime drama so I better not give them too much credit. :p Yeah that was really unrealistic. I mean who goes into a hospital and is on LIFE SUPPORT than leaves the same day. Talk about unrealistic. I don't even know what the writers were thinking when they wrote that. Unless it was a different day, but I highly doubt that.
    The thing that may prove us wrong is that the ratings from "Backfire" sky rocked and beat Castle for the second time (the first probably being that [sacarsm] wonderful [/sarcasm] in the wind episode :rolleyes:) which I don't understand. Are there actually that many E/C and AR fans? Hmm I don't think so. But I think that that will be the last time that happens, because all of us non-e/c and non-ar fans will stop watching, if I'm right, and then the rating will seriously take a dive. Too bad the writers can't look that far into the future... :rolleyes: So I guess it's either put up with this awful writing, or to back our bags and keep the episode for a possible later viewing, otherwise we can delete the video from our DVR. That's how I'll be living through season 9 I think! :shifty: