Eric/Calleigh storyline -- why we dislike it. Part 2 **spoilers**

I'm actually pleasantly surprised that they didn't have it go the way the reports said. The reports all said that Jake would as much as tell Eric that he intends to get Calleigh back with him... but nothing of the sort happened... just jealous!Eric and amused!Jake. :lol:

I'm actually pleasantly surprised that they didn't have it go the way the reports said. The reports all said that Jake would as much as tell Eric that he intends to get Calleigh back with him... but nothing of the sort happened... just jealous!Eric and amused!Jake. :lol:

It was really nice they didn't go there. How anyone could choose Eric over Jake I'll never understand.

Jake isn't a wimp and Eric is. Plain and simple. Jake was so on-target when he told Eric he couldn't possibly know what it's like to be undercover. Eric could never go undercover and pull it off.

And yeah, Jake looked like he either wanted to roll his eyes, laugh, or get up and walk out at Eric's attempt to assert himself.

As far as Jake interferring with E/C - not a chance. Calleigh likes to be the boss and watch her men jump when she tells them to. Jake quite obviously didn't jump when she told him to. It never would have worked with Jake and Calleigh in the long run and she was smart to tell him that she wouldn't wait. I have no doubt that Calleigh would probably have sex with Jake if he asked. (as a side note: She took Jake to the hospital? Why? He wasn't hurt. Strange she felt the need to explain to Eric what she was doing with Jake - and then thinks it's everso cute when Eric gets jealous! How childish.) But long term? She leads Eric around by the nose and manipulates him so easily, she's never gonna give that up for a guy who'll challenge her "sole authority in any relationship" approach.

And have Eric investigate the team? Eric's history of bad judgment, disregard for appropriate on the job behavior, screwing up and being easily manipulated would make him the last person I'd trust to investigate the team. Not to mention the fact that he is closely tied to the very people he's supposed to be investigating.

Just an excuse for more E/C drama when Calleigh finds out he didn't tell her. :rolleyes:

It will be interesting to see if Natalia or someone else has to convince Eric to be fair to Ryan when it appears Ryan might be involved. Calleigh teamed up with Eric against Ryan before. So I wouldn't be surprised at all to see her again take Eric's side against Ryan if Eric goes off again and accuses Ryan.

Another reason why I wouldn't choose him to investigate. He's having sex with one of the individuals, has a long standing hostile relationship with another and the head of the team he's investigating is his brother-in-law. An individual with that baggage is supposed to do a fair investigation? Whatever genius thought Eric was a good choice was having a really bad day!

I can easily understand Natalia's doubts and discomfort with the information she's discovered about Eric "investigating" the team. Although as I said before, I can't understand why she's worried about his physical well-being. There is nothing to indicate that he's in any danger at this point.

Last edited:
In regards to Jake, I got the impression from his facial expressions, that he really doesn't care about Calleigh anymore that whatever feelings he had are gone. Previously he always had that sly pretty boy smile when he spoke to her. I don't blame him as she nearly bunged up his career a few seasons back

Anyone else get the feeling that Emily Procter is playing Calleigh as .....Emily Procter? This is not Calleigh-like, this little giddy "I'm so cute in my little nomance, the boys fight over me" is very Emily-esque. :rolleyes: Excuse me while I harf.

Thank god there was no triangle business. I couldn't quite find the point in Jake's return, however, I hate to say it, but I don't think he's gone for good.

I have no doubt that Calleigh would probably have sex with Jake if he asked. (as a side note: She took Jake to the hospital? Why? He wasn't hurt. Strange she felt the need to explain to Eric what she was doing with Jake
And I totally agree. I wouldn't put anything past Calleigh these days. I would even go so far as to say that if it meant looking out for her own ass, she would take part in the betrayal.

Anyone else get the feeling that Emily Procter is playing Calleigh as .....Emily Procter? This is not Calleigh-like, this little giddy "I'm so cute in my little nomance, the boys fight over me" is very Emily-esque. :rolleyes: Excuse me while I harf.

I agree. Calleigh never needed to be the center of attention in the early years. She cared about her work and still could have fun. She didn't play all the stupid manipulative games that Calleigh plays now. It's not "cute." Her games are childish and selfish.

I was home last week and caught a significant number of episodes on A&E from the first seasons. I remembered why I adored Calleigh so much back then. She was one hell of a forensic scientist. She cared about everybody and everything. She wasn't cold and mechanical. I swear sometimes she thinks if she moves her head in a natural way it would kill her. She looks so scared that a piece of hair might fall out of place she's stiff as a board.

Thank god there was no triangle business. I couldn't quite find the point in Jake's return, however, I hate to say it, but I don't think he's gone for good.

I was grateful for that as well. Actually, Jake looked like he could have cared less about Calleigh and Eric. Then again, maybe it was all an act to throw Eric off after Calleigh disappeared with Jake for a couple of hours - for no good reason - and then comes back to Eric to assure him that Jake had nothing to do with the diamonds. I certainly hope that Eric, being the top notch investigator that he is :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :guffaw::guffaw:doesn't just take her word for it just because he's having sex with her and does his job to verify her story.

I have no doubt that Calleigh would probably have sex with Jake if he asked. (as a side note: She took Jake to the hospital? Why? He wasn't hurt. Strange she felt the need to explain to Eric what she was doing with Jake
And I totally agree. I wouldn't put anything past Calleigh these days. I would even go so far as to say that if it meant looking out for her own ass, she would take part in the betrayal.

I wouldn't doubt her taking part in the betrayal either. She's changed so completely from the character she used to be it wouldn't suprise me at all if she were to betray Horatio - maybe not as HER plan but taking part of another's plan. And I don't think she'd lose any sleep over it either. Except for the sex with Eric I don't feel any real attachment to any of the team from her. There has been an arrogance about her for several seasons that makes me feel like she feels above them all.

In that regard she is definitely NOT the Calleigh of season 1-3. She has evolved into this person that I don't think the Calleigh of season 1 would even like.

Last edited:
:rolleyes: I hate to agree with this but I do. She'd do this ESPECIALLY if Eric was part of it. I feel like she'd do anything to make him look more "masculine" and in charge. Heck if she was part of it so would Eric. Geez. This two make me sick more and more each episode. WHY TPTB WHY. :scream:

As far as the episode goes, I have to give a HUGE round of applause for Jake for not falling for this stupid love triangle idea again. And I loved his :rolleyes: expression when Eric was trying to defend himself. Jake has completely moved on from Calleigh and you could really see it when Eric was trying to assert himself. In fact I loved his comment that went something along the lines of "Is Calleigh not allowed to keep anything from the ex?" Ha. I loved that line. And the answer to your question Jake: NO. She is NOT allowed. She is Eric's and Eric's alone. GOD FORBID she actually interact with a person of the opposite sex. Geez it's like her whole life before her relationship with Eric has to be completely erased and forgotten. I don't know if I can put up with Eric the wimp or Calleigh any longer. I have come to a point when I cannot STAND Eric, Calleigh is getting there but I can just ignore her and I'll be fine. I don't know how I will be able to watch season 9 especially if I have to see scenes like that every episode or god forbid another season 7. :rolleyes: If TPTB aren't careful they'll have no fans left at all. There's only so much C/E stuff people can take. I cringe to see what the rest of the season will be like and the finale. *sigh*

:rolleyes: I hate to agree with this but I do. She'd do this ESPECIALLY if Eric was part of it. I feel like she'd do anything to make him look more "masculine" and in charge. Heck if she was part of it so would Eric. Geez. This two make me sick more and more each episode. WHY TPTB WHY. :scream:

As far as the episode goes, I have to give a HUGE round of applause for Jake for not falling for this stupid love triangle idea again. And I loved his :rolleyes: expression when Eric was trying to defend himself. Jake has completely moved on from Calleigh and you could really see it when Eric was trying to assert himself. In fact I loved his comment that went something along the lines of "Is Calleigh not allowed to keep anything from the ex?" Ha. I loved that line. And the answer to your question Jake: NO. She is NOT allowed. She is Eric's and Eric's alone. GOD FORBID she actually interact with a person of the opposite sex. Geez it's like her whole life before her relationship with Eric has to be completely erased and forgotten. I don't know if I can put up with Eric the wimp or Calleigh any longer. I have come to a point when I cannot STAND Eric, Calleigh is getting there but I can just ignore her and I'll be fine. I don't know how I will be able to watch season 9 especially if I have to see scenes like that every episode or god forbid another season 7. :rolleyes: If TPTB aren't careful they'll have no fans left at all. There's only so much C/E stuff people can take. I cringe to see what the rest of the season will be like and the finale. *sigh*

I think the ratings are already reflecting the frustration and boredom the audience is feeling with the constant E/C focus. Not even the "Eric Returns" and the promise of cutsey E/C brings them back.
asleep-045.gif

In fact I think E/C is a major factor in the ratings going down. People who watched last week's "Calleigh and the Ghost" have no reason to feel that this weeks episode would be any different and they elected not to come back. (Not everyone keeps track the way we do here of what to expect in the coming episodes.)​

If this keeps up there will be no chance for the show to get back to it's glory days. The show will be cancelled and everyone loses.​

The head of this nightmare needs to be replaced - along with the writers who very rarely see any other characters on this show but the gruesome twosome.​

Last edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delynn
That said, however, it truly could have been worse!
If by "worse" you mean Jake and Eric making out in front of Calleigh, I hear you ewwww I should stop that immediatly
:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw: thanks... i'm so tired and this....just made my day!

I agree. Calleigh never needed to be the center of attention in the early years. She cared about her work and still could have fun. She didn't play all the stupid manipulative games that Calleigh plays now. It's not "cute." Her games are childish and selfish.

I was home last week and caught a significant number of episodes on A&E from the first seasons. I remembered why I adored Calleigh so much back then. She was one hell of a forensic scienitist. She cared about everybody and everything. She wasn't cold and mechanical. I swear sometimes if she moved her head in a natural way it would kill her. She looks so scared that a piece of hair might fall out of place she's stiff as a board.

is what I've been trying to say...lol
this Calleigh seems like another character! a verry different one!
if it were another character.... perhaps.... I could accept better whatever-is-this-almost-lovers-relationship between her and eric!
I'll say this here because if I go to the EP thread ... they maybe kill me -.-'
call me insane But I really think EP doesn't know how to actinng as Calleigh anymore! all in that women looks fake! even the "cute" moments seems so forced...it seems she is being forced to do her job! I don't know what to say to show my disappointment about her character!

Really!!! How obvious can they be as to why Jake is there?:wtf: Please, Eric jealous, Calleigh beaming (towards Eric). I'm just going to throw myself under a bus or that lake that is forming in front of my house looks pretty good. :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:When is the nonsense going to end? :rolleyes:

Don't do it Slower, it's not worth it!! I completely understand and share your frustration and no it will never end:(

Yeah, Calleigh pulling her "sweet southern bimbo" routine and enjoying the jealous Eric (I wish TPTB would realize that there is a very small portion of the audience that enjoys this childish nomance game they are playing) and with about as much subtly as a trainwreck trying to make Eric feel more unsure of who she wants to have sex with this week was special to see -- NOT!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So now they are boyfriend-girlfriend; no more just booty call huh? I actually cringed and said "oh, here we go" when she walked into the room he was in. I was wondering if anyone else noticed that she seemed a little too happy that Eric was jealous. Is this a test of his "love"? Does she want dualing pistols at dawn? Childish is the best and nicest word I can think of.

. The only one who came out of those scenes looking good is Jake. (Just how freaking HOT is Johnny Whitworth! :drool: Give me Horatio, Ryan, Jesse and Jake, throw in a little Rick, and I'm a happy woman!) Jake didn't seem to be affected at all by Eric's chest-beating about what Calleigh has told him.

Jake picked up on the insecurity and IMHO he found it amusing. That group of MEN would keep me going as well:thumbsup:

IMO Jake didn't appear to be overly interested in Calleigh. It was nothing he did that made that could bring on Eric's insecurity about the nomance. All Jake did was show up. I didn't get the feeling that he was the least bit interested in starting up again with Calleigh.

But doesn't every man want Calleigh? :rolleyes:

If Jake merely making an appearance can set the nomance on tilt, then it's not very solid to begin with.

Just a little more E/C drama to drive the others farther into the background. A waste of Johnny Whitworth's talents.

Edit: Oh, and one more thing. I thought Calleigh was going home because she was "tired." All of sudden she's rejuvenated and hyped up enough to go out with the group for drinks? Was that supposed to be some cutsie little indication to Eric that she was ready for sex?

As in a little code word? Why didn't she just jump him there? Then everyone else (including us) would need those drinks:lol:

I keep thinking that if I liked this nomance and the two characters involved I'd find that kind of childish crap cute. I don't. Because it appears with those two that sex is all they have. And from the looks of it, bad sex. I found myself rolling my eyes and saying, "Grow the hell up already!" I'm surprised that Horatio hasn't caught them going at it like bunnies in the closet yet they're both so juvenile about this nomance! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Don't give these writers any ideas.:eek:

If by "worse" you mean Jake and Eric making out in front of Calleigh, I hear you :guffaw::wtf: ewwww I should stop that immediately :lol:

I think I just threw up in my mouth.
And have Eric investigate the team? Eric's history of bad judgment, disregard for appropriate on the job behavior, screwing up and being easily manipulated would make him the last person I'd trust to investigate the team. Not to mention the fact that he is closely tied to the very people he's supposed to be investigating.

Another reason why I wouldn't choose him to investigate. He's having sex with one of the individuals, has a long standing hostile relationship with another and the head of the team he's investigating is his brother-in-law. An individual with that baggage is supposed to do a fair investigation? Whatever genius thought Eric was a good choice was having a really bad day!

But he is trying to protect the team:rolleyes:!!
I can only imagine his reaction when he finds that it is Ryan who has the diamonds in his apartment. His usual reaction is to distrust and amp up his hostility toward him. His reputation preceeding him, I can't see him do anything but accuse Ryan and not participate in the clearing of his name. Ryan might as well be fitted for his orange jump suit now. And we know which way Calleigh will vote

Just an excuse for more E/C drama when Calleigh finds out he didn't tell her. :rolleyes:

THAT should be good:rolleyes:. In their on again off again nature of their nomance (I like that word:)) would this make them "off again":confused:
The head of this nightmare needs to be replaced - along with the writers who very rarely see anyone other characters on this show but the gruesome twosome.

I heard that Anne Donahue might be leaving. If she is replaced, maybe that person will clean house.

It was really nice they didn't go there. How anyone could choose Eric over Jake I'll never understand.
Thank you for stating this 'cause I was starting to believe I was the only one :thumbsup:

Jake isn't a wimp and Eric is. Plain and simple. Jake was so on-target when he told Eric he couldn't possibly know what it's like to be undercover. Eric could never go undercover and pull it off.
Now I'm picturing Eric in UC :lol:, he so would get caught and we would see him running and screaming all around Miami like Shaggy "help me help me"...wonder who could be his Scooby Doo :lol:

And yeah, Jake looked like he either wanted to roll his eyes, laugh, or get up and walk out at Eric's attempt to assert himself.
Jake in that scene was amazing. He deserved a standing ovation for it LOL

as a side note: She took Jake to the hospital? Why? He wasn't hurt. Strange she felt the need to explain to Eric what she was doing with Jake
Again, she felt the need to find a justification to explain what she was was doing with Jake? How childish is that? Gosh thank god she was the mature one between the two of them :rolleyes:

Well the guy who investigated on his shrink's homicide and could read all her patients' files can do anything he wants :lol:. Certianly these CSIs know everything about their job, professionalism is not part of their knowledge I guess.

Don't even get me started with the fact that Natalia discoved his wire. While it was a smart move from her, he's just getting more and more ridiculous. That's all I can say of the guy at the moment. I don't even wanna know what will happen next 'cause I already know he'll be even more ridiculous than he is at the moment.

I don't blame him as she nearly bunged up his career a few seasons back
He probably is the only one who shouldn't be blamed for anything. Whenever he meets her he always has some people who want him dead. He has to save his ass everyday because of her or her team's actions :lol:. If I were him, I soooo would leave Miami...that would be for own safety :lol:

You know what? I am afraid Calleigh might not be over Jake. The fact she had to find a justification to explain why she had built his alibi doesn't sound too good for me. I'm afraid we might discover a new triangle :rolleyes:. I really hope my gut feeling is wrong, but brrr *shivers* it's terrifying :alienblush:

I certainly hope that Eric, being the top notch investigator that he is :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :guffaw::guffaw:doesn't just take her word for it just because he's having sex with her and does his job to verify her story.
I'm afraid he took her word for it :guffaw::guffaw:

I wouldn't put anything past Calleigh these days. I would even go so far as to say that if it meant looking out for her own ass, she would take part in the betrayal.
You know what, I would love to see Calleigh taking part in the betrayal...at least we could get rid off her. Too bad it will never happen :rolleyes:

She has evolved into this person that I don't think the Calleigh of season 1 would even like.
I think Calleigh of season 1 would be ashamed. I feel bad for that Calleigh :lol:

"Is Calleigh not allowed to keep anything from the ex?" Ha. I loved that line.
Along with the UC lecture one, this was his best line ever LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delynn
That said, however, it truly could have been worse!
If by "worse" you mean Jake and Eric making out in front of Calleigh, I hear you ewwww I should stop that immediatly
:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw: thanks... i'm so tired and this....just made my day!
Ah ah you're welcome and MiamiWolfe I'm sorry you had to throw up, but hey that's the picture I had in my mind at the moment :guffaw:

So now they are boyfriend-girlfriend; no more just booty call huh? I actually cringed and said "oh, here we go" when she walked into the room he was in. I was wondering if anyone else noticed that she seemed a little too happy that Eric was jealous. Is this a test of his "love"? Does she want dualing pistols at dawn? Childish is the best and nicest word I can think of.
Thank you!!! That's exactly what I thought of the scene :lol:

A waste of Johnny Whitworth's talents.
I feel the same way as you do :(. At least in this episode he wasn't shown as dumb as he had always been shown in the previous episodes. Sorry but I'm still mad at the whole mimosa stuff back in "Stand you Ground" :rolleyes:

I can only imagine his reaction when he finds that it is Ryan who has the diamonds in his apartment. His usual reaction is to distrust and amp up his hostility toward him. His reputation preceeding him, I can't see him do anything but accuse Ryan and not participate in the clearing of his name. Ryan might as well be fitted for his orange jump suit now. And we know which way Calleigh will vote
Well at least we could see Ryan with the orange jump suit :lol:. No ok seriously, I can already picture Eric hanging Ryan on the wall while trying to get an explanation and Calleigh screaming something like "how could you do that?" .....ups it already happened in s7 :lol:...how refreshing these new episodes can be :rolleyes:

]I heard that Anne Donahue might be leaving. If she is replaced, maybe that person will clean house.
Oh boy there's a lot to clean up for the new guy. I wish him/her luck :lol:

You know what? I am afraid Calleigh might not be over Jake. The fact she had to find a justification to explain why she had built his alibi doesn't sound too good for me. I'm afraid we might discover a new triangle :rolleyes:. I really hope my gut feeling is wrong, but brrr *shivers* it's terrifying :alienblush:
'Terrifying' is a good word to use. :lol:
I agree though, unfortunatly. As much as I'd love to see Jake completely out of this picture, I just can't....not when it comes to tptb. We didn't see any sign of anything in the last episode, but again, this is tptb....did I expect Natalia to have sex with her abusive ex-husband -- did I expect Yelina to jump on a plane to Brazil with not-so-dead Raymond. No, on both counts. So, I just don't trust TPTB that they have ended the annoying triangle with this last episode. :mad:

If she isn't, it sure puts a crimp in the theory that Eric is her "true love" and marriage and babies are going to follow won't it? If they develop this into a triangle and it wastes more screentime that could go to someone else I WILL SCREAM:brickwall: (or throw up--the jury's still out:lol:)

Ah ah you're welcome and MiamiWolfe I'm sorry you had to throw up, but hey that's the picture I had in my mind at the moment :guffaw:

It's okay; I just went to my happy place and *poof*!! the image disappeared from my mind:lol::guffaw:

Well at least we could see Ryan with the orange jump suit :lol:. No ok seriously, I can already picture Eric hanging Ryan on the wall while trying to get an explanation and Calleigh screaming something like "how could you do that?" .....ups it already happened in s7 :lol:...how refreshing these new episodes can be :rolleyes:

Well, Ryan would certainly make that suit look good (to paraphrase a line from Men in Black):lol:

Seriously, when it comes to Eric and their history, I just don't trust him to be impartial. I can just see him pulling a Monty Burns (from the Simpsons) when he learns it is Ryan; he gets an evil glint in his eyes, rubs his hands together and declares "excellent":lol: And Calleigh certainly wouldn't do anything to cross her "huggy bear"(I wonder what their pet names are for each other are.....uhhh.....better head back to that happy place:lol:). The sad part is that early Calleigh wouldn't tolerate with Eric's shannagans; she defended Ryan as often as she didn't.

Just got back from vacation and knew I would find some great replys here.
I watched the episode Monday with my sister,and she hasn't watched Miami since season 7 premeire. Her words about E/C,"they have no chemistry what so ever, my socks have more chemistry". This was said with no prompting from me. She also felt that Calleigh is just too different from what she started out in season one.She thought that Jake really couldn't have cared less about what was going on with those two. My sister hadn't been keeping up with anything dealing with Miami because of R/L issues, and couldn't believe how these two could cause such an uproar among some fans.

Just got back from vacation and knew I would find some great replys here.
I watched the episode Monday with my sister,and she hasn't watched Miami since season 7 premeire. Her words about E/C,"they have no chemistry what so ever, my socks have more chemistry". This was said with no prompting from me. She also felt that Calleigh is just too different from what she started out in season one.She thought that Jake really couldn't have cared less about what was going on with those two. My sister hadn't been keeping up with anything dealing with Miami because of R/L issues, and couldn't believe how these two could cause such an uproar among some fans.

Your sister is a very wise and intuitive woman! :thumbsup:

As I said before, I don't think Calleigh from season 1 and 2 would even like, let alone respect, the current Calleigh. I think she'd be disgusted with her.

I can't believe that this is what Procter envisioned for her character when she demanded all the changes we've seen over the last 4 years. A large number of the audience has lost respect for the character and quite a few have stated that they believe it is possible for Calleigh to be a part of the betrayal that will deeply affect Horatio.

That's a long slide from the Calleigh we first met. She would never have betrayed Horatio. Then again, she would never have slept with a subordinate or covered for his incompetence either. She wouldn't have betrayed her integrity by reading patient files just because her subordinate said it would be okay - and the added draw that she would get to read how he felt about her. (I still believe this to be the cheapest plot device CSI Miami has ever used.) I never dreamed I would see Calleigh sink so low.

But that's where she is now and I don't for one minute believe that she wouldn't betray Horatio in a heartbeat if it served her purposes. She turned into a very selfish, childish person. At this point I would applaud her departure so that the team could redefine itself and get back into the business of crime solving and not melodramatic soap opera for someone who feels the need for the show to be all about one character.

I don't care for them, they can do whatever they like in their own la la land and they can stick to one another and roll but NEVER EVER drag anyone else into their drama please, especially Natalia. I mean now they brought back Jake for the thrill of it, I don't dare to think for the sake of their drama what they can do or if there is nothing left for them to do (which what is happening now with all the repeated plots and characters) what they will do. Those 2 deserve one another, this is not a compliment btw. Gosh, they just need to stay farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr away from Natalia. :mad:

Back