Eric & Calleigh #25 -- Traffic-Jam In The Pleasure Grotto!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eric & Calleigh #25 --Traffic-Jam In The Pleasure Grotto

Oh...good to know. Thanks. Yeah, I plan to stick around...ummm I don't know how you want to distinguish between the two of us, but delkolover was the first Jackie here, so I'm willing to not be jackie if it's needed.

Well, maybe we could start recruting more E/C-ers and force them to write fan fiction.

As far as fics go, the last few times I've written a strictly EC fic, I've gotten the impression that not many people really cared. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way, and it's probably discouraged other writers from writing EC. I love writing EC, I just feel like the other pairings appreciate the stories more.

But enough of that. What's this about
Calleigh in danger? I don't know how I feel about that. One the one hand, I'm glad it's not Alexx (Alexx? Alexx who?) who's in danger, because hasn't that happened to her at least once a season? And I am glad that Emily may get something to work with. But I don't like this as a plot device to show that Jake is evil and Eric is Prince Charming, if in fact that's what's going on. Do we know what exactly is going on? Or just that Cal is in danger? That said, whatever happens, I do want to see Eric being worried about her. How sweet would that be? :D

I think you are right....they haven't showed us her intentions yet. But hey it has only been one ep so while I am pissed at her attitude I think I need to see more Cal/Eric/Jake interaction before I can say anything other than that I am REALLY CONFUSED with everything at this point.:lol:

I really think the writers read and see what goes on at the baords soo we need to keep representing and screaming at the top of our lungs that we want E/C.

At some point with these two we are going to go full circle and come back to where this all started....him confonting her about "them" and getting an answer and i think the second time he will b/c there will be nothing for her to hide bedind but i think that will come after another bout with his injury, which will help get the point through to her thick head.

I don't know how to do the little hiding box, but I don't think this will be a big problem...The problem is that the writers have never been very good at following through with character events. Like with Eric's GSW. He was shot, they had an episode where they got justice, and the next one, he was right back to work. THey didn't give him time to heal, and that's kind of what they're doing now...giving half of the story line because they want to include character's personal lives, but they dont want that to be the main focus. Oh, I hope that makes sense.

Lol, can I just say I think this is the only ship where one of the main characters can totally get ragged on and yet not one of us doubts for one second that we all adore said character...dumb choices aside! And I don't think that's bad by the way, it shows we're realistic in here...I love it! :D
I don't get why Call is with Jake either...I mean other than the writers trying to make us think she's into bad boys and therefore it's Jake over Eric (who could be plenty bad if she wanted him to be! :devil: ) so yeah I would very much like to see some reasoning there...and then I would very much like to see her be real and go with her heart for once and run to Eric...and if her being in danger does that, then so be it, cliched or not I'll take it! :D

Oh, I've written for a few fandoms, and trust me, E/C fans are pretty damn good. I've written fanfics for other fandoms and gotten 0 reviews. I wrote a Doctor Who fic last week and posted it at ff.net and only got a couple of reviews and they were more like, "good fic," and "that was good," totally banal. I think it also depends where you post your stories. At ff.net I get good reviews. At LiveJournal I get absolutely none.

The writers don't wanna delve too much into the character's personal lives, but then they write stories like these, where you kinda HAVE to. That's why the CSI franchise sucks when it comes to character development.

Jessica237 wrote "As far as fics go, the last few times I've written a strictly EC fic, I've gotten the impression that not many people really cared. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way, and it's probably discouraged other writers from writing EC. I love writing EC, I just feel like the other pairings appreciate the stories more."

It's true. It feels very underrepresented in there, but the strange thing is it isn't. I decided to write because I was fed up with the lack of stories, so I don't understand why more people aren't coming forward. Maybe we should make it a point to respond to everyone's stories, but not just "hey your stories great" all the time but real stuff like, "you know, you could add this to your story" or "Maybe you should change that interaction between ____ and _____" I don't know...that might be a bit much, but it might help.

Sky & somethingsdon't, I understand your anger at feeling like hardly anyone else is putting forth the effort to write ff and while I can only speak for myself, I'm sure there are plenty that like to read it, but can't write it, or simply don't like writing. Me...I like to write it, I just don't have the time. Most days I leave my house for work before 8am, and I get home at 7:30 pm...and when I get home I have 3 kids and a husband vying for my attention, not to mention the dinner that must be taken care of and the chores that must be done. That's not to say that I have to cook dinner and do chores every night, but by the time I get home & get dinner in me, there isn't much time for anything else. After checking my emails and these boards, I'm usually looking forward to bed. Honestly, I've started no less than 3 E/C fics...and I do mean started, haven't gotten more than one page done on any of them. Time and fatigue, not to mention writers block, sometimes get in the way. I've managed to put out only 1 ff in the last year (sorry, it was not E/C). Do I wish I had more time for writing? You can bet your hiney I do. In fact, I wish my life had taken a different turn and I'd become a writer a la Sandra Brown and Nora Roberts...but alas, I don't have that good an imagination, or the writing skills to pull something like that off...I just like to write. So, while I understand your anger, the likelihood of me putting a story out any time soon is pretty slim. :(

Writer's block sucks. I'm having some of that right now and it's no fun. But when I get maniacal, I get maniacal and write until I pass out. Unfortunately that doesn't happen often.

Of course, the show doesn't help. Sometimes I wonder why I still watch, and then we get to see Eric's package and they drag me back in :(

Okay as a reader and not yet writer (it's possible but hasn't happened yet!) of y'alls E/C fanfics...I want to stand up and applaud all of your works and make sure that you know just how much I ADORE reading E/C fics! I will definitely make sure I am even more diligent about reviewing them from now on and I beg y'all not to stop writing them, cuz they are LOVE!! Seriously...as a little minion who adores y'alls brilliance I implore you to keep writing...pwease?!

Skylar, if it makes you feel any better, I'm fairly certain I have permanent writer's block. I feel like I try so hard to come up with something, but nothing comes.
This is going to sound stupid, but just stick with me for a moment. Here's what I think: forget about the writers for a minute. They're playing with our little EC hearts, and it's frustrating, so take some time and read through some of your favorite fics. Revel in the hiphuggerness of it all, and eat a big bowl of ice cream! If I could write you a happy E/c story right now, I would, but unfortunately, this is the best I have: Once upon a time eric and calleigh make out in the back of a hummer and/or have an intimate conversation. The end.
(I know, that was an amazing story. Please don't be baffled by my amazing writing)...and I swear I'm not making fun of you. just trying to cheer you up

I'm a very slow reader, actually. Lucy will probably finish Time Tells soon and I'll still be on chapter 5. It's okay, though. I love myself, stupidity and all.

I'm glad CSI Files stuck by us in the episode review. I agree with her that it would be incredibly stupid to drop E/C now, and a huge waste of amazing potential. Yay CSI Files!

Awww Sky you're not the only one who loves ya babes! ;)
In the latter half of the fifth season, it seemed like romantic feelings between Calleigh and Delko had bubbled to the surface, so it's hard to look at Jake, who's already broken Calleigh's heart once, as anything but an obstacle to Calleigh and Delko's eventual romance. Isn't it inevitable that Jake will either break Calleigh's heart or die tragically? Time will tell.

Delko is understandably not happy with Calleigh's romance. He makes a loaded comment at the beginning episode about Calleigh's tan matching Jake's, which she predictably ignores. Love triangles are risky propositions, so like with Horatio's son, I hope this one pans out. Will-they-or-won't-they is a tricky proposition on a CSI show where the focus is primarily the science and the mysteries, but after the build up last season with Calleigh and Delko, it would be a mistake to shove the tension--sexual or otherwise--between the two under the rug.
Okay sorry this was so long...but I LOVED what she said in this review! It made me so dang happy! I love that she agreed with us about E/C and not dropping it and that it is only a matter of WHEN (not if) E/C will be together! :D :D

Yeah, I agree it's only a matter of when, but in the meantime, the writers could treat us a little better, no? I mean, throw us a freaking bone every once in a while.

I love you guys too. It's like a family here. And here's a random pictures:

csi001.jpg

csi032b.jpg

08f276d5bc.jpg

I defintally think this will be the turning point for E/C!! Didn't Eva say that a couple of people will end up being in love. And episode 9 would be about where they would be filming when she was interviewed. I can totally see them having Calleigh go through a tramatic experience, and she admits that she loves Eric. But then having the story play out over the next couple of months before they actually get together.

thanks for all the pics Sky!!! The dimples are out again!! :D :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back