Eric & Calleigh #25 -- Traffic-Jam In The Pleasure Grotto!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by midnight_tiptoes, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacks

Jacks Rookie

Re: Eric & Calleigh #25 --Traffic-Jam In The Pleasure Grotto

Wow...I don't know how I survived so long without this site, but it's nice to be here now.
    Anyway, I'm not going to lie, I'm not a big fan of Jake, but at the same time, maybe he's just the kick in the butt Eric and Calleigh need. Sure she's going out with him (for what reason, we don't know), and I certainly don't want her to just run into Eric's arms on the rebound, but maybe this will help open their eyes. Plus it gives Eric a chance to be jealous. In the past, we always saw Eric's relationships and Cal's reactions to them, but now we've got Calleigh in a relationship, and Eric has to deal with the reprecussions. You know what I'm saying?

2. _____Skylar

_____Skylar Lab Technician

I agree being with Jake is making Calleigh look really, really, really bad. And I never thought the writers would do that to her. So they really need to show pretty soon that Calleigh does have feelings for Eric otherwise the whole thing will make no sense, with Eric becoming a pathetic stalker and Calleigh a heartless bitch. And I know that's not what the writers want, so I'm pretty sure we'll get something soon. Patience is important for these type of storylines.

3. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

Calleigh is infatuated with Jake and she is in love with Eric. Period.

4. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Shes focused all her energy on a fruitless relationship with Jake simple because it is the easy road to take. There is no other reason. She is a coward.

But do we really balme her? After everything, she is entitled to want to run from anything that may cuase her harm. And she views Eric as a possible source of pain.

In taking the path of least resistance, she has saved her self from the possibilties of a bad relationship with Eric, but has also hurt herself more in the process.

In the premire, she does seem to have done an about-face and, bar a few akward moments, she showed no indication that her and Eric had been through anything at all. And If I didn't do psychology, I'd be majorly confused.

Calleigh is hiding. She has played all Jakes games before and I think one of the reasons she is with him now is becasue she knows what is going to happen. She can see the end. She doesn't have to be afraid of the unknown like she is with Eric. She's just trying to protect herself.

And yeah, I always compare Eric and aAlleigh to Mulder and Scully... think it's the 'trust' thing.

5. calleighsthebest

calleighsthebest Hit and Run

woo! I got internet at uni! uni is so cool! I love it! but bad news i don't get channel 5 on the tv, so i can't watch csi miami!!!!!!! I'm so not happy! Now i have to wait until they're released on dvd! i've tried downloading on cbs but it won't let me because im in the uk :( so i'm stuck! But i have seen clips of the premiere and was kind of disappointed with how much time eric and cal actually spent together, but then again i really didn't see much at all! The jake thing will so fizzle out, it's just a distraction, but i agree it doesn't make calleigh look great!

6. brainfear

brainfear Victim

Man, I was expecting Calleigh to get kinda annoyed with Eric when he was asking about her vacation with Jake. She didn't even take the bait. She was just like, whatever. It's like she just ignored the man. Hopefully we'll get some UST soon. It seems it's just Eric who's pursuing her. :rolleyes:

7. _____Skylar

I don't think she ignored him. When the camera panned to her, you could see her smile waning. I think she didn't think he'd know that she and Jake had gone on vacation. She's trying to keep her relationship with Jake a secret from anyone but Eric figured it out quickly, and it fazed her.

Also, her relationshi with Jake isn't a big deal. Why is she trying to keep it a secret?

8. Hip_hugga_lovah

Hip_hugga_lovah Lab Technician

Maybe because of IAB(Stetler) you know office "relationships" which when you think about he can't say anything to her about. Jake's a detective where as Eric actually works in the lab and on cases with Calleigh ALL the time. Plus Cal's a private person anyway so that could be it. And to be honest I'm already tired of Jake and it's been only one ep!

9. _____Skylar

Yeah, Jake and Calleigh are in different departments, no one would bug them about their relationship. I think it's more about Calleigh not having faith in her relationship with him. At this point all they seem to be doing is fucking.

Ugh, are there any new spoilers? The lack of spoilers in this fandom is so annoying.

10. somethingsdont

somethingsdont Lab Technician

Someone write an EC PWP to alleviate the pain of Monday night's episode. And hurry! Ah, who the fux am I kidding?

This love triangle thingymajiggy they're trying to advertise is seriously flat-lining after only one episode. Here's my inequality equation/flowchart of Jake:

no Jake > decent Jake > asshole Jake

Conversely,

season 1-3 Calleigh > seasons 4-5 Calleigh > last night's Calleigh

Of course, my favorite Calleigh is the knows-what-the-fuck-she's-doing Calleigh, but we can't all have what we want.

As for Eric,

trying-to-move-on Eric > being-a-pest Eric > pining Eric

Let's see some jealous Calleigh for realzzz.

11. _____Skylar

There's some spoilers on the new episode, episode 9 I think, and it looks to be a "Calleigh in danger" episode. I think that's going to be important for the triangle. I get the feeling Calleigh will make her choice in this episode. Nothing opens your eyes like being close to death and living to tell about it. What do you guys think?

12. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

I think that she would turn to Eric cause maybe Jake would be the Jerk that he is and not care about her or the danger that she is in. I think that this would be a really good push for us. And I think that injuries are the ones that are going to bring this ship together.

13. _____Skylar

It also sounds like it would air during November sweeps. I doubt Eric and Calleigh will hook up then, but maybe this will make Calleigh realize something important. I doubt Jake won't care about what happens to her, either. I don't think it's about Jake but about Calleigh realizing life is too short to bullshit around. Maybe she'll let Jake go and get closer to Eric. I hope so.

14. somethingsdont

somethingsdont Lab Technician

I was kinda hoping that Calleigh could come to a realization without the help of near-death experiences, injuries, ghosts, alien invasions, the end of the world, Ryan's facial hair growing out of control, Horatio's dramatic pauses causing climate change, etc. I just want her to wake up one day and decide to do something about the fact that the man next to her is the wrong one. I guess there should be a reason she makes this decision, but I love spontaneity. I wouldn't be surprised if the writers decided to make this the turning point, though, since I can see Eric getting there (where she gets injured or at the hospital) long before Jake does and Calleigh really taking note of how worried he is, then Jake showing up later cracking dumbass jokes.

15. _____Skylar

That is exactly what I think is going to happen. Calleigh will still be mad at Eric at this point, right? I can see Eric getting there before everyone and being worried sick and all the shabang. I really didn't want it to happen that way, but honestly, beggars can't be choosers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.