Episode #508 'Darkroom' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

katpin31791 said:
Also, I'm not crazy about doing a real-life story that so closely involves one of the cast. It's kind of like saying, hey, you have a personal tragedy, lets use it to make money.

I'd like to think they didn't do this to make money but to get the message out to help find those women. Also, I doubt ELR would've allowed her sister & her to have been exploited that way. I like to think it would've been one of those "hey wait up, somethings not right here " deal. Plus DC has alot of control on that show and no doubt if he even thought they were being exploited he would've said something. Like I said I thought they did an outstanding job given the time limit they had to work with. Personally, I'd love to have seen it as a two-parter but, that's just my opinion. I don't mind personal lives being used on a show if they get it as accurate as possible. I understand that in Hollywood you do have to spice things up cause of ratings but............make it as real aspossible and I truly think they did it the best they could. I still give it a 9. Lights at the end bothered me some.

I finally watched. I was not impressed, thought things seemed to be thrown together. Pretty mediocre eppy. Few good moments, IA that Calleigh's smack down was great - and the best part of the eppy. The color themes really bother me - remind me of how some doctor offices do the same thing - color days!
Did not 'feel' any great emotion from NBV just furthered my feeling she really doesn't fit in. I guess it didn't soften my dislike of the character.

While I hate NBV - I don't think ELR / CSI was trying to 'use' the eppy for profit, so much as publicity. I caught the tape of ELR on CBS morning show and she has seemed to 'enjoy' the attention she's garnered for this. I didn't feel the 'emotion' of finding out 2 decades later that an event she and her sister couldn't even remember was so traumatizing. Creepy - yes, a moment when you stop and be thankful that things turned out the way they did, yes. Makes us all stop and think about how often we cross paths with really creepy people and we ALL do!
CSI just kinda allowed LAPD to 'use' the show to publicize the new aspect of the crime investigation. Even though it was a haphazard eppy - I think that's ok and I hope they are successful in identifying any victims that where previously unknown.

Quite good eppy say I.

Calleigh. Kickass :D laughed so hard when she snapped at Erica :D

And OMG! Horatio kicked the door in! He's my hero ;)

Seriously the killer was creepy. I have to say storyline was creepy and if it was based on real-life... creepy.

The flashing light annoyed me too, even I'm not migrane or epilectic person.
Ugh.

Meh. Don't have more to say because I have to head to sauna. Perhaps better thoughts pop in my head.

miamigal: that's weird because I saw the exact same interview and that is NOT at all what I saw
I caught the tape of ELR on CBS morning show and she has seemed to 'enjoy' the attention she's garnered for this.

I wathced the 48 hours thing and Nika was crying. I think that's real emotion.

I too didn't care for the flashing lights at the end and also wondered if that would be a problem for other people. I think it could have been toned down a little, it looked like one of those Halloween horror shows.

As for the rest of the episode I did like it. I was curious to see how that story would play out. And Boa Vista was not that bad and am starting to like the character.

And yes Horatio as always to the rescue.

MiamiGal said:
I caught the tape of ELR on CBS morning show and she has seemed to 'enjoy' the attention she's garnered for this. I didn't feel the 'emotion' of finding out 2 decades later that an event she and her sister couldn't even remember was so traumatizing.
I don't understand how you can assume that Eva "enjoyed the attention she's garnered for this." Ever since Eva and Nika discovered Nika's picture back in July/August, they've been constantly interviewed and asked about it. The Miami writers, People Magazine, The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, E! News, 48 Hours Mystery, The New York Daily News, The Early Show, etc., etc. After two or three interviews, it's going to become so routine that you're just going to rattle off the facts. Not to mention, the facts is what the interviewers want to hear. They're not there to watch you wipe your tears, grab a tissue, and blow your nose.

I also recall hearing her say something along the lines of "I couldn't connect to it [the scene] because I hadn't yet connected to it for myself." If you're not connecting to something, why would you be emotional about it? Why would you want to be emotional about it in front of people you've just met, anyway?

And to make sure this post isn't entirely off-topic...

While it wasn't my favorite episode, I definitely liked it better than a couple of the earlier ones. There was some great humor in there (Eric/Ryan, Calleigh/Erica) and I really liked that they added the PSA at the end. I hope this helps identify some of the women in these pictures and that ultimately, they're all identified and well.

I rewatched the ep, and for those who questioned about Natalia's other sisters name its Christine. I thought it was when I gave my review but last night my father fineally got to see the ep I taped and I paid attention to that.

Just saw it, must say I liked it. I'm warming to Natalia again and I loved the part where Anya asked if she was mad at her, and she replied with: "Yes, I am so so mad at you." But you knew she didn't mean it bad. So cute.

Unfortunately the last part got cut out so I missed what Caruso said about the real life case. Damn. :(

Hey Dutichie!
stupid commercials, huh?
you can see it on the cbs site though: there is a little box with two links and a phone number!

I agree with Yankeeholic and CSIchic. What's the deal with the dress? I mean, it's bad enough with all the low cut blouses the women constantly wear, now they have dresses and high heels?

CSI: MIAMI
Air Date: Monday, January 29, 2007
Time Slot: 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST on CBS
Episode Title: (#508) "Darkroom" (Repeat)

A KIDNAPPING CASE BECOMES PERSONAL FOR THE CSIs WHEN THE VICTIM TURNS OUT TO BE BOA VISTA'S SISTER, ON A REBROADCAST OF "CSI: MIAMI," MONDAY, JAN. 29, 10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT

Info courtesy of The Futon Critic :)

I didn't know tonight's episode was a rerun, so I gave it a try. Within the first 15 minutes, trace evidence on a corpse led to a specific address, and Wolfe opened a safe without knowing the combination. He just used skills he learned from his "uncle." And Tripp believed him.

That was enough. I would like to murder the writer of this episode.

Back