Episode #508 'Darkroom' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

ROTFLOL!
"And stay away from Ryan while you're at it".

I wish.

I just wanted to say that I loved the dress. I know it's not realistic, but it looked very nice on ELR.
:)

It took every ounce of energy not to fall asleep during that episode last night. The best part was Calleigh getting catty with the evil reporter chick... 'Sweetpea' HaHa!

The episode was actually very boring. Maybe it was just me, but the whole episode seemed uber rushed. As if they writers got together and thought, whoop, we should write something based on ELR's life and banged it out in twenty-five minutes. Then in order to get it on to T.V. while everyone still knew what happened, they told everyone to just 'wing' it. Good Grief, the quality just went right down the tubes when it came to this episode.

I did however like that they ran the pictures of the girls at the end and asked if anyone knew anything about these girls. That was a plus, but can someone please tell me why we needed a whole episode about Boa Vista.

And why, WHY was it okay for her to go on the case even though it was a conflict of interest while Calleigh wasn't when her father thought he hit someone. Are you kidding me, c'mon?! I know she wasn't actually supposed to 'touch' anything but seriously... Oh, my God. Why is everything with Boa Vista a double standard.

And I'm totally with ya, TEAM VALERA!

That is all, next week better be loads LOADS better.

Megan

I loved it considering. They have what maybe about a 45 min show cause of all the commercials? To try to get a message across I thought they did an outstanding job myself. As far as ELR stilted (I think it was) way of saying her lines or however it was put. Can you imagining re-living something you'd rather forget? Myself I wouldn't know how I would've done my lines in that same situation. Yeah it had it's bad points I know. I keep wishing to see things go back to S1-3 but apparently that's not gonna happen. *sigh*. One thing that did bother me was when they found Jill's fiancee anf H was questioning he made the comment it led back to him. How did it lead back to him when all they did was find him inside the building? No way of knowing if he owned it. I've started noticing this also on the other two shows. I agrre it does deserve a 9. I'm very proud of what they did.

I'll agree with katpin here. I really enjoyed the episode.

I thought the plot was handled very tastefully, and all things considered, they did a fantastic job with the time that they had. This could have easily been a 90 minute episode.

The one thing I had a problem with, was the fact that Valera was very quick to analyze the sample when she found out Boa Vista's sister was in the pile of photos. I'm not sure about their protocol and everything, but I was thinking they'd want to handle all the samples objectively, no matter who's DNA it belonged too. Just because you know someone who is related to the crime doesn't mean the sample should go through faster. It's like having all the victim's families standing in front of the DNA tech screaming to get the samples done specially for them because their loved one is in trouble. It doesn't work like that. - Or at least I hope it doesn't.

Other than that, they covered everything wonderfully. The fact that Natalia wasn't allowed to process the scene, but she WAS allowed to look in on the case was great! I was expecting her to be right in there processing, which she wasn't.

There was some humor in the episode, provided by Ryan and Delko, which was also a nice treat. :D Ah gotta love the banter. (IMO, it's still not as fresh and raw and the Speed/Delko banter but it still made me laugh) I also loved Calleigh and her 'sweet-pea' line. :D *hugs her*

Another thing I had trouble with, and again this is just my opinion, was near the end with all the flashing lights. Okay, we know it was a camera studio but...People with epilepsy beware! :lol: They could have toned that down just a tad.

Other than that, excellent episode! I give it 9 cows out of ten. :p

speed_cochrane said:
Another thing I had trouble with, and again this is just my opinion, was near the end with all the flashing lights. Okay, we know it was a camera studio but...People with epilepsy beware! They could have toned that down just a tad.

I'm not epileptic, but I do have chronic headaches, and that scene triggered a doozy. I don't know what effect they were trying to acheive in that scene, but it was literally quite painful for me.

*huggles Jenn* I don't know what they were trying to acheive with that either, and really, it didn't make the scene any more intense. If anything, it made it more difficult to watch. :rolleyes:

I'm all for some flashing lights every now and then to add an effect, but this was almost two minutes straight. Saint H might have his special shades, but the viewers don't. (That is unless they start selling pairs with the box sets. :p)

The situations in which Natalia and Calleigh at the scene is IMO totally different.

Calleigh wasn't allowed to go near because she told her father to take a drink so that a test would be failed. So screwed that up by doing that.

In this case Natalia the "eyes only, no hands" at the scene, was because if she put on gloves then she would have been processing, and could be accused of planting evidence, and no gloves means she can't touch any evidence. Taking pictures while its considered processing prove that ryan didn't take them.

Another thing is this Calleigh followed Ryan (remember the gator and the sandwich? Hands in the pocket, ect) Natalia was in the similar position of how much she could work the case without working the case.

Maxine reminded Natalia of the lab rules, but I believe had sympathy for her because she (nat) believed that there was a great possiblity that her sister was the one. It didn't seem that H minded he was there when she read the results.

I didn't care for the strobe lights much which is another reason I gave it a 9/10 part of the problem besides strobing was the fact that if you were careful you lost sight of everyone, I felt bad for david, if he has problems in the sunlight, then imagine the strobe effect and no sunglasses.

Okay, the flashing lights were too much. Seriously, at best, they were annoying and distracting. I agree with Jenn, I have problems with headaches, and it was painful to watch.

Now, the best part of the episode, as I've noticed a few others say, was Calleigh letting Erica have it. I loved that she called her 'sweatpea' :lol:

I think this could have been an excellent episode, had it been done slightly better. Also, I'm not crazy about doing a real-life story that so closely involves one of the cast. It's kind of like saying, hey, you have a personal tragedy, lets use it to make money. Very tacky, IMO.
I know there was more I wanted to comment on, but I'm all out of thoughts at the moment.

When I was watching that scene with the flashing lights, I was thinking how people with Epilepsy and Migraine headaches would have trouble watching that scene. November 23rd is Thanksgiving. So that scene made me thankful I don't have Epilepsy or Migraines. I loved being able to watch Horatio sneak up behind the bad guy. And I loved Horatio's line when the bad guy backed into his gun. "That's far enough, Gavin. Now, get down on the ground or I'll blow your brains out." Go H!!!
:lol: Horatio saying "I'll blow your brains out."
That'd make me get down and stay down till he said other wise. :lol:

Now to what I forgot in my posts last night. I give this episode a 9. I would've given it a 10 if Erica and Calleigh would've had a 6 foot x 6 foot pool of mud that was 3 foot deep to fight in. I mean really fight. Punch, kick, slap, scratch, bite, Judo flip each other in to the mud, elbow each other in the stomach, pull hair. In other words, THE WORKS. I would've loved that. :D

I haven't seen it mentioned, and maybe I'm supposed to know, but what's with the actors wearing mainly red, red/orange and yellow? Notice even the models in the bathing suits --- all of the suits were orange and yellow.

It's the stupid color thing the wardrobe department does sometimes. As if it's announced on the news that today is red, orange, and yellow day or something. :rolleyes:

Was it me or the t.v. or them or did parts of the screen/shoot turn black, especially on the corners?

Maybe my T.V. got sick of the orange overload and decide black was better for me?

Either way... The flashing lights, the orange vomit, the montages, it's gotta stop because as much as I like this show, I'm quickly being turned off by that crap. Gimmie back my old Miami... With Speed... Without Ryan... But with awesome powerful Calleigh.

Megan

Also, I'm not crazy about doing a real-life story that so closely involves one of the cast. It's kind of like saying, hey, you have a personal tragedy, lets use it to make money.

I'd like to think they didn't do this to make money but to get the message out to help find those women. Also, I doubt ELR would've allowed her sister & her to have been exploited that way. I like to think it would've been one of those "hey wait up, somethings not right here " deal. Plus DC has alot of control on that show and no doubt if he even thought they were being exploited he would've said something. Like I said I thought they did an outstanding job given the time limit they had to work with. Personally, I'd love to have seen it as a two-parter but, that's just my opinion. I don't mind personal lives being used on a show if they get it as accurate as possible. I understand that in Hollywood you do have to spice things up cause of ratings but............make it as real aspossible and I truly think they did it the best they could. I still give it a 9. Lights at the end bothered me some.

Back