ThumpyG42

~Nocturnal Jenn~
Premium Member
Information courtesy of: The Futon Critic

CSI: MIAMI
Air Date: Monday, November 13, 2006
Time Slot: 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST on CBS
Episode Title: (#508) "Darkroom"

A KIDNAPPING CASE BECOMES PERSONAL FOR THE CSIs WHEN THE VICTIM TURNS OUT TO BE BOA VISTA'S SISTER, ON "CSI: MIAMI," MONDAY, NOV. 13

Episode Inspired By Real-Life Crime Story of Series Star Eva La Rue's Sister, Nikka La Rue, Who Guest Stars

"Darkroom" -- A kidnapping case becomes personal for the CSIs when the victim turns out to be Boa Vista's sister, on CSI: MIAMI, Monday, Nov. 13 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Karen Gaviola directed the episode written by John Haynes.

The episode is inspired by the real-life crime story involving series star Eva La Rue's sister, Nikka La Rue, who guest stars.

After one woman is found murdered and another kidnapped, evidence leads the CSIs to uncover dozens of photos of unidentified missing women in a safe. After examining DNA, the team discovers that the kidnapping victim is none other than Boa Vista's sister, Anya. Now, as they try to locate Anya and the other women, Horatio and the others must find the killer who has been posing as a photographer to trap unsuspecting women before he strikes again.

SERIES REGULARS:

Horatio Caine: David Caruso
Calleigh Duquesne: Emily Procter
Eric Delko: Adam Rodriguez
Alexx Woods: Khandi Alexander
Ryan Wolfe: Jonathan Togo
Det. Frank Tripp: Rex Linn
Natalia Boa Vista: Eva La Rue

RECURRING CAST:

Valera: Boti Bliss
Erica Sikes: Amy Laughlin

GUEST CAST:

Anya Boa Vista: Natalie Morales
Gavin LaPorte: Jonathan Cherry
Jill Girrard: Elisabeth Harnois
Tommy Boyer: Cirroc Lofton
John Stockman: Michael Goorjian
Bill Starr: Michael Stone
Sasha Coolidge: Jamie Strange
Leslie Anderson: Shannon Kane
Kellie: Julianna Guill
Carla: Janelle Velasquez
Reporter #1: Natalia Baldwin Leon
Reporter #2: Nikka La Rue
Reporter #3: John J. Dalesandro

Sounds very emtional, hopefully we get to learn more abotu Natalia. I'm actually pretty excited to see it.

I'm excited for this episode, too. It's going to be interesting to see how Eva does... There's an article on the CBS News website regarding Eva and Nika's experience with the serial killer and here's a paragraph from it:

"I had hit an emotional wall in the scene because I couldn't be connected to it… because I hadn't yet connected to it for myself," Eva tells Lagattuta as she describes the CSI scene where her character fears the worst about her sister at the hands of a killer photographer.
Like I said, it should be interesting. I'm sure Eva will do fine... she's a very talented actress. And we're also learning a little bit more about Natalia. Character development is never a bad thing. :)

And it's nice that they're going to do a PSA at the end of it, too.

I hope it's a good episode, not a soap drama one. I can already imagine the scene : Natalia comes in worried : my sister hasn't turned up in over a week, I'm worried. And at the same time, H is investigating the dissapearance of an other young women....sudddenly the links become clear.
Could be great, could be not so good, depends on the way they handle it

*Prepares to handle the blastings critics that are gonna come up for sure. AAArgh...*

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw. I bet this was bot and easy ep to shoot. :-(

I'm looking forward to it!
:)

I posted this in the Spoiler lab several days ago, but I thought I would be good to have it here to.

A 48 hrs mystery will also be doing a segment on it.

A "CSI: Miami" Actress Crosses Paths With A Real Serial Killer

a serial killer intent on murdering young, beautiful women. Bill Bradford posed as an amateur photographer and told women he’d make them famous. Some of them did make headlines ─ as his murder victims.

In a bizarre twist, Eva La Rue, the "CSI: Miami." actress, and her sister were photographed by Bradford in the 1980s. "CSI: Miami" is now telling its version of La Rue's harrowing story in an upcoming episode.

"Number 3 on your profile is my sister, my real-life sister," said La Rue.

La Rue, who plays a CSI on "CSI: Miami," and her sister, Nika, were photographed by Bradford approximately 20 years ago. After calling the police, Eva also told her story to CSI writer, John Haynes, a former L.A. County Sheriff’s detective. Haynes used Eva's real-life tale as inspiration for an episode called "Dark Room" that airs on Monday, Nov. 13, at 10 p.m. ET/PT.

"I had hit an emotional wall in the scene because I couldn't be connected to it…because I hadn't yet connected to it for myself," Eva tells Lagattuta as she describes the CSI scene where her character fears the worst about her sister at the hands of a killer photographer.

Now we all know that I don't care for Boa Vista so I'm not all that interested in this episode. I mean, it's Miami so I'll be watching intently for those little tid-bits the writers drop every week. Plus, I can't bare to miss Calleigh for one week.

But, basically, I could care less about this episode. *waiting for the Boa Vista fans to attack* I don't like Boa Vista and now I have to put up with a whole episode about her. Excuse me while I yawn. It's a personal thing.

The storyline looks great, though, but I just dislike the fact that it's about Boa Vista... Frankly, I'm tired of having her storylines be 'waaa, my husband beats me, waa, my sister is kidnapped'. At least when it's about Calleigh or Delko, they come screaming, strong and tough. I know that Boa Vista will run to H crying for help... I'll put ten bucks on the table that H doesn't even know about the case until Boa Vista says something, until she says 'oh, my God, my sister is missing - FIND HER!'

I do, however, like the fact it's taken from real life. I hope the writers consulted the real investagators in their research of this case. That would bring some great realism to the case, because as we all know, sometimes there is little to now, realism to episodes.

Megan

I hope the writers consulted the real investagators in their research of this case. That would bring some great realism to the case, because as we all know, sometimes there is little to now, realism to episodes.

Hopefully they did plus I'm sure if it wasn't as realistic as it should've been ELR would've said something. After all it was taken from what happened to her & her sister. I for one am glad it's centered around her. I'd like to see more of everyone's personal life. We do knowsome about Calleigh. Of course Eric. Very little about Alexx & Ryan. Tripp we know is divorced. I think Mon. ep will be great. I can't wait.

I just watched 48 hrs, and Eva had said that she had to separate herself from her character, and that David helpped her by giving her advice, she didn't say what the advice was though.

You could tell when they were showing the takes for this ep, how hard it was on Eva she was standing there very nervous and sad. I know in the ep her character snaps at I think Maxine (not sure didn't see the persons face but DNA and blonde), but who could blame her. I think Eva's emotions and her characters emotions will be shown in the ep, you can separate yourself but you can't completely do it, she might be a good actress but even the best can slip.

I think its good that Eva's little sister has a small part in the ep, as "reporter #2" when she asks DC's character a question. I think this will probably be a very good ep. While the ep focus's on Natalia I think the main focus is on the real life event. It's not just about Eva or Natalia's family but the family of all those women and their families.

You're both welcome, I think watching it made me (like some) just see it in ELR's eyes and her body language, the pacing and the standing there and rubbing her hands together and waiting for the next scene. then the sadness they showed, it was heart breaking, The only thing I hope for is that they (the writer) does this subject justice since he is a former cop its possible. I also hope that by getting this story out that both Eva and Nikka are able to find that part that they have yet to face and find closure.

I also hope that their story peaks the interest of many people to go to that 48hrs website and look at the pictures of those who have not been identified either alive or dead to see if anyone knows them or has a lead on them.

Back