Episode #501 'Rio' ***RE-AIRING DEC 4, 2006***

Re: Episode #501 'Rio' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

yeah that's true... more emtoional familiar stuff like brother talking and so on would have been great. really would... i also would have loved to have some Yelina/ray stuff in it... eversince they left and Ray really showed her he loved her and said he did... they could have shot some. still i'm pissed that they didn't shoot with dean winters...

*hmpf*

so let's just wait and see what happens the next 23 epis.

Lotta drama. Some of those shots seemed to reflect a Christ Compex--i.e. Horatio praying at that giant statue of Jesus in the opening sequence. Some parts had a Hawaii Five-O McGarrett versus Wo Fat feel to it in that tropical location with Horatio and Delko versus Riaz.

Also, Horatio's finishing move with the knives and Riaz seemed very Kurosawa or Voltron versus Robeast--running it through him, going past him and then freezing as Riaz collapsed onto the ground!

Boa Vista really blew it and Calleigh had to save her bacon. Ryan did the right thing in busting her chops. Ewww, that painter was SLEAZY!!! And it looks like Shawn Christian is desperate for work since Summerland ended.

Overall, a good episode with nice, contrived drama!

I tried to watch it @ Innertube (CBS site) but it said something like you couldn't view it outside the US. :eek:

I was watching it between Studio 60. It was a pretty good episode. Man, was it good to see Yelina back. :D

Hey Ducky it could be they got the place not with drug money, I mean we know Yelina and she would be suspious by nature for that kind of money. It could be after all the years she had a good amount saved up, or H who seems to have an endless bank account helpped them out by supplimenting them.

As to how they got back so quick, sense we didn't actually see how they arrived in Brazil it could be that they hired a private plane or chopper to get them to and from. Again it always seems like H has that endless bank account.

ThisIsMe I get what you are saying, but you know even in the beginning H was having trouble with his brothers first death, it was like deep down he knew the truth but probably thought wishful thinking. When your in that state of mind it is like an awakening when it happens for real (whether or not the show will keep Ray sr dead). :lol:

I am sorry but I have to dwell on this I agree that it was nice to see that Calleigh had Natalia's back in the ep, and she seemed to realize that no matter what happened in the past that is where it belonged, that at work they are a team. But Ryan he was out of line, again I agree that giving her advice about emotions coming into play is one thing, but two mins later turning around and pulling an emotional hit below the belt was totally uncalled for.

I would expect Natalia to goof up, I mean they all have, look at Eric's past actions and screwing up, Calleigh has made some bad decisions (which is what I think she drew her advice from), and hello Pot calling kettle Ryan has newbie screw ups, and emotions involved (he attacked the one about 6 weeks prior cause he thought he was the mole and told about his eye). accidently leaked info, ect. Heck even Speed wasn't exempt from goofing up. So then why would Natalia be held to a higher standard? because she was a mole? who by her own admission admitted to that and it was admitted that she sucked at being one cause she only gave them good info.

I am sorry but you know if the show thought the "Mole" storyline ended with Natalia and the sweep they did, I would wonder about that, because according to Natalia when she was talking to Calleigh in the finale there was an investigation long before they brought her in, not to mention that Peter knew about it before it all came to light that it was his girlfriend. So then if it was all before that then in the end who was or is the real mole? Cause it seems to me that Natalia is just a little piece of a larger puzzle on that one.

yapp that bank account is from Bomb Squad. Most people don't know you earn like 250 K a year when you're working BS... I checked that on the internet... so that'll do.

I was kind of disappointed with the episode. The stuff happening in miami seemed to make sense and was entertaining. The Brazil stuff seemed hurried, rushed with very little character development. It was like they were trying to wrap up that story as quickly as possible so they could send the guys back to Miami.

I've decided that you can't really be a CSI:Miami fan unless you like Horatio. His smarminess permeates the whole episode.

They changed ray jr actors...WHY!!????? They should have stretched it over 2 eps...

Destiny said:
Hey Ducky it could be they got the place not with drug money, I mean we know Yelina and she would be suspious by nature for that kind of money. It could be after all the years she had a good amount saved up, or H who seems to have an endless bank account helpped them out by supplimenting them.

Yeah, agree there. Still looked damn expensive house for three :lol: Besides... if Y had Ray, why H would need to support them? :p
D...want more of my questions? :lol:

As to how they got back so quick, sense we didn't actually see how they arrived in Brazil it could be that they hired a private plane or chopper to get them to and from. Again it always seems like H has that endless bank account.

What amazed me more... Y was wearing the same dress in Miami what she had in Brazil :lol:

hello Pot calling kettle Ryan has newbie screw ups

That part actually bothered me. While I'm all for people yelling at Natalia and hating her, Ryan is the KING of screw ups, and even after being a CSI for, what, two years? He's still constantly screwing up. So dear Ryan: shut up. I wanted to cheer, but he came off as a huge hypocrite. I like how Calleigh handled it, with professionalism. She doesn't like Natalia but still tried to be a grown up about it. I liked her verbal smackdown to Ryan. Now if she would only physically smack Natalia, she'd make my year.

Personally, if they're gonna gang up on her on something, it should be the overuse of tanning lotion and horrible clothing. Woman needs an intervention, stat. The team should surprise her in the break room, put a bag over her head, shove her on the back of a white van and abandon her in the parking lot of the studio of What Not To Wear. They'll take good care of her there.

Still, hey, I'm all for having a new CSI, and I've been saying it for years that they should have someone new, preferably a woman. I should've put a disclaimer to that: NOT NATALIA! It was unrealistic and kinda laughable. Hey, here's the woman who almost destroyed the lab... let's give her a promotion! Oh, don't even bother sending her to CSI school, she's been around less than a year, surely she knows the job. That was really lazy writing, but then again, you can't expect much from this show.

Another thing that bothered me: how did they manage to fly to Brazil, chase the Mala Noche, kill the leader, locate Yelina, locate Ray Jr, fly back to Miami, all before the afternoon? Jesus Christ, this bothers me so much and Miami does it ALL the time. It doesn't take fantastic writing to indicate a day has passed: all you need is for the characters to change their clothes. That's it. That's all. But now, I guess we're supposed to believe Horatio is so mighty, he can slow time? Okay, so maybe they'd been there for a while, still, it takes 8 and a half hours to fly from Miami to Brazil and vice versa, is all.

How did Delko get on that helicopter pad? Why were they there? I'm sure there was an explanation, but you know they just wanted to start a West Side Story-esque rumble over a beautiful, beautiful cliff. That way someone gets killed, but you still feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Dead guy! But ah, look at that beach. Honey, hit expedia.com, we're going to Brazil. Forget the books, it only takes 3 minutes to get there.

How did Calleigh know he was in trouble? Does she have an Acme Delko Locator Chip installed in her brain?

Why do the CSIs continue to interrogate suspects without their lawyers being there? You plead insanity, you get a lawyer, stat.

Why does Horatio have jurisdiction in Brazil? How come he can kill an extradited and probably federally protected drug lord without starting an international war? Doesn't the FBI care? He can just leave the guy's body there, bleeding, without even calling the Brazilian authorities?

What happened to the balloon Ray Jr swallowed?

If Riaz is so powerful, how come he doesn't have an entourage or a body guard? If he's so powerful and rich, how come his most powerful weapon is a pair of butter knives?

Did Yelina get a boob job? If she was so miserable with Ray, why did she go to Brazil with him? Oh, right, I forgot she has no will of her own.

I wanted Natalia to slip on her high heels at the crime scene and get blood all over her pristine white pants. Sister, you're collecting blood, not serving cocktails at the Queen Mary. Dress appropriately!

More importantly: WHERE was Valera!

Yeah... you're right... Yelena's boobs did look bigger than when she was on the show and there were a LOT of gratuitous boob shots on the episode! :D

I am sorry but you know if the show thought the "Mole" storyline ended with Natalia and the sweep they did, I would wonder about that, because according to Natalia when she was talking to Calleigh in the finale there was an investigation long before they brought her in, not to mention that Peter knew about it before it all came to light that it was his girlfriend. So then if it was all before that then in the end who was or is the real mole? Cause it seems to me that Natalia is just a little piece of a larger puzzle on that one.

Excuse me for repeating myself *cough* again. As I've stated as far as I'm concerned Peter was the mole. How else would Monica? know alot of things that she did before Natalia arrived. Ryan & the rest of the bunch need to get over it and use their heads. Besides as I recall when Ryan first showed up he was out trying to make a name for himself by trying to impress everyone. Please leave Natalia alone and let her do her job.

I loved the ep last night except for one thing. When S3 ended nobody knew Raymond was alive except, H, Yelina & Ray Jr. So why were Calleigh & the lab not surprised by this info? DUH!!!!! Somebody goofed somewhere. If it were me questions would've been flying. :D I was so impressed with H praying. It just really touched my heart. Also with him telling Ray I love you when he died. I'm soooooo glad to see that brought out.

Why does Horatio have jurisdiction in Brazil? How come he can kill an extradited and probably federally protected drug lord without starting an international war? Doesn't the FBI care? He can just leave the guy's body there, bleeding, without even calling the Brazilian authorities?

Good question. I wonder if this is going to come back on H. I mean he did kill the guy.

Another thing that bothered me: how did they manage to fly to Brazil, chase the Mala Noche, kill the leader, locate Yelina, locate Ray Jr, fly back to Miami, all before the afternoon?

I think they call it dramatic license :D

All in all it was a much better ep than I thought it would be.

well did cal and fellas find out ray died for a second time? they really didn't care? gosh, what happened to the show.

they just put things the way they need them.

ray jnr killed someone off and didn't become punished in anyway... later H would tell he did it to protect the boy.

gosh I wish this would just be season 2...

you know i didn't see the epi yet but i really doubt if I wanna, after all you just said...

Back