Episode #501 'Rio' ***RE-AIRING DEC 4, 2006***

Lucy

Colonial Fleet Librarian
Premium Member
For any newbies to Talk CSI, each season we set up individual episode threads, where discussion relating to that episode takes place. The thread will always have a spoiler warning for the benefit of those who haven't yet seen the episode and wish to remain spoiler free.

We request that spoiler discussion/speculation about other future episodes is confined to the Season 5 Spoiler Lab Thread. Thanks. :)

Information obtained from The Futon Critic:

CSI: MIAMI
Air Date: 9/18/06 (MONDAY)
Time Slot: 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST on CBS
Episode Title: (#501) "Rio"

"Rio" -- In pursuit of Marisol's killer, Horatio and Delko go to Brazil to avenge her death, on the fifth season premiere of CSI: MIAMI, Monday, Monday, Sept. 18 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Joe Chappelle directed the episode written by Sunil Nayar, one of the series' co-executive producers.

Scenes were shot on location in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Sofia Milos returns as Yelina Salas.

In Rio, Horatio and Delko are close to catching Riaz, Marisol's killer. There, Horatio reunites with Yelina and learns that his brother Raymond is in too deep undercover in a drug ring run by Riaz. To make matters worse, Horatio's nephew, Ray Jr., is working as a drug mule for Riaz, smuggling drugs into the U.S. Now, with the stakes set high, Horatio must catch Riaz before he takes the life of another member of Horatio's family.

SERIES REGULARS

Horatio Caine: David Caruso
Calleigh Duquesne: Emily Procter
Eric Delko: Adam Rodriguez
Alexx Woods: Khandi Alexander
Ryan Wolfe: Jonathan Togo
Det. Frank Tripp: Rex Linn
Natalia Boa Vista: Eva La Rue

RECURRING CAST

Dan Cooper: Brendan Fehr

GUEST CAST Marisol Delko: Alana De La Garza
Ray Jr.: Carter Jenkins
Yelina: Sofia Milos
Antonio Riaz: Vincent Laresca
Ray Sr.: Christopher Stapleton
Scott Satlin: Mason Gamble
Ana: Alex Meneses
Pablo: Brennan Majia
Andrea Osborn: Susie Park
Chief Braga: Giancarlo Esposito
Alcimar: Jeff Lincoln
Carl Silvers: Shawn Christian
Pamela Silvers: Colleen McDermott
Angel Demorte: Ernesto Bautista
Tiago Matos: Luis A. Ramos
Doctor: Scott Waara

Re: Episode #501 'Rio' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

So does that mean Alana is actually in the episode, or is she just credited because of flashbacks?

I fear that if she is actually in the episode, they may have her as a ghost :(. After all, this is Miami.

From promos I've seen it's flashbacks they're showing but, I can be wrong LOL

Hey does that mean I can post S5 pics in here? :D

Ok, she was shot and buried so it has to be flashback. they are not digging another character up from the grave.

And that we have new Ray sr SUCKS BIG MONKEY BALLS! Ye hear mi, Ms. Donahue?!

:lol: :lol: Oh God I hope she just read that. (Even though she said she doesn't know how to use a computer. :rolleyes: Pfft yeah right.)

We also have a new Ray Jr. *sigh* I wish they would just for once stop confusing us with new faces.

And yeah, the Marisol scenes will be a flashback. It would be idiotic to dig her up and magically expect her to be alive. I wouldn't panic.

Remember we're talking about CSI:Miami here. I won't be surprised if Horatio will see Marisol everywhere he looks. :rolleyes: Wait, Ann Donahue didn't write the episode? Well then there's hope, I guess. :D

But, though I like it that Yelina is coming back etc....where is the information on what Calleigh and Ryan are going to do in this episode? Are they even in this episode? If they're not, I will not like that.

And that we have new Ray sr SUCKS BIG MONKEY BALLS! Ye hear mi, Ms. Donahue?!

That's exactly what I meant all the time. Hope they read that! So unbelievable, they replaced Dean Winters. *still shaking my head*

Yeeeaaahhhh!!!! I can't wait for Yelina to come back. This is really going to be sooooo exciting.

I'm not sure they'll be in it much, if at all. If they are I guarentee it will have something to do with the Snake. Although I'm sure they'll feauture prominently in the following episodes, especially Calleigh ;).

It possibly isn't the writers fault that they've had to replace Dean Winters. There is probably a practical reason for it, ie. DW was unavailable. Just speculation on my part, but I agree that it is disappointing.
Dutchie said: where is the information on what Calleigh and Ryan are going to do in this episode? Are they even in this episode? If they're not, I will not like that.
I'm sure too that even if they don't feature much in 'Rio', there will be plenty of S5 episodes with them in to make up for it. :)

I agree with, Lucy. Doesn't DW play on Rescue Me? Or something. Maybe there was a conflict with shooting schedules. And considering the fact they shot it on location Dean couldn't get away from the set *shrugs*

One more week and a couple days. I'm excited for this episde. But I'm not at the same time. I can't wait to see Yelina. I do admit I miss her on the show. But i'm afraid that this season is going to be like last season. I mean I love drama. Anyone who knows me knows that but they could have made it a little bit more....I don't know the word I'm looking for but I think y'all know what I mean.

But regardless of what they do on the show I will still be sitting in my leather chair with my soda in one hand and my eyes glued to the t.v.

ooo i'm excited! although i probably wont see this episode for like, another year... but still!

Dutchie said:where is the information on what Calleigh and Ryan are going to do in this episode? Are they even in this episode? If they're not, I will not like that.

I agree. Season 5 better not just be about Horatio in Brazil. I really want to see more of Calleigh and Ryan. Does anyone know how many episodes H will be in Brazil?

Thanks for the pictures katpin :D I really loved that last one. :)

I doubt all of season five will be about Horatio in Brazil. If I understood correctly, they were only shooting maybe two or three episodes in Brazil. - And besides, they'll probably cut to Miami during those episodes anyway so we'll still get to see Calleigh, Ryan, Tripp, Boa Vista, and Alexx. ;)

I'm excited too, although I haven't watched s4 either (only five episodes 8,16,17,19 and 23) but I don't care about the spoilers :D 'cause I wanna see a lot about Cal and Ryan, and that episode in Brazil looks amazing!!!

Back