Episode #501 'Rio' ***RE-AIRING DEC 4, 2006***

Re: Episode #501 'Rio' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

All righty, I don't have time at the moment to read all of your wonderful posts, unfortunately, but I just had to throw in my two cents quickly.

UPS:
-Ryan giving Boa Vista a hard time
-beautiful shots of Rio
-Calleigh the big boss. But not big as in large, but powerful. And beautiful. (Or whatever it is that Ryan rambled on about for a while. Tee hee. :D )
-getting rid of Riaz's subtitles (Was that even Riaz who had subtitles last season? Or was it someone else... don't remember).
-no more colour coordination.

DOWNS:
-Horatio: "I love you" -nice in theory, but it just seemed so ridiculously weird for me. H with emotions?
-Boa Vista's suddenly being a CSI with no explanation to why other than "she worked hard for it" ... um... SHE WAS THE MOLE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!
-personally I would have liked to see them redo the credits a bit better instead of flashing Rex and Eva for half a second each at the end. It wasn't even enough time to read their names barely!
-Riaz runs into Horatio's knife. If it wasn't enought that H has perfect aim (and apparently a license to kill), now he doesn't even have to do anything, the criminals just stab themselves on the knife in H's hand.
-the usual stuff that drives us nuts. Very melodramatic. Meh.

NOT-SURES:
-Eric's little knife fight. I'm stuck between 'totally hott' and 'totally ridiculous' ... kinda leaning towards the ridiculous side. But hey, it's Eric, so I still enjoyed it.

And there's so much more I could say, but I'm sure you've all already covered pretty much everything I would ever think of. :D

Overall, I give it, oh... 5 out of 10. Meh.

ThisIsMe said: Is it just me or did H not seem too affected by his brother's death? I thought he was more emotional when Speed died.

Like the new Ray Jr. What is this, the third actor in the role?
Yep the third RJ and the best so far IMO. 2003-2004: Hayden Tank, 2004-2005: Alex Buck.

As to H being less emotional, I think that comes from how little time has passed between the death of Marisol and then Ray Sr. probably angry and numb, he sent his brother and family to Brazil to start over in a new life, only to find that Ray didn't even bother to take a breath before going back into what he could have been out of, and then inadvertantly dragging his son into it as well.

Maybe in H's eyes, his brothers death was and end to a long saga that plagued the whole family, its sad to say that, but Raymond wouldn't have stopped no matter what, and he always in the end needed someone to get him out of the situations he put himself and his family into. Maybe in H's mind he loved his brother so much that his death was more of a relief rather then sad, Ray sr was slowly killing himself and taking the family along for the ride, possibly in H's mind this was the only way that would stop.

I think he was sad, but Ray loved adventure, he loved the thrill of it all, and in a way I don't think he would want H to get all emotional they have a bond that even death won't break, and Ray sr. knows H will always be there for Y and RJ. I think its that bond that gave H the strength to say goodbye to his brother and do what he had to do.

But this is all my opinion. :D

I give this one a solid 8, possibly a 9 (out of 10). The cinematography in Brazil was stunning, wasn't it? And it was great to see Yelina again.

I really wasn't expecting Ray Sr. to die! But Horatio almost seemed like he was sort of...expecting it, or expecting something really bad, at least. He knew this time Ray had gone waaaaay too far undercover to ever get out again. At any rate, poignant scene when H. tells Ray "I love you." Poor H., losing his brother twice.

The scene with Eric, H. & Riaz fighting on the heli-pad was great. And holy crap, H. killed not just one, but both guys tonight. Go Horatio! Well, he did swear not only to do what he had to do to keep his loved ones safe, but also for revenge. Gotta love a man who keeps his word.

Calleigh was great, tonight. Loved seeing her in charge, and I thought she dealt very well with Natalia. And geez, what a way to start out your career as a CSI, with a major screw-up like that! As soon as she told the already-angry stepson "We'll get him", I thought uh-oh, those words are somehow going to come back and bite her in the ass, and they did. But although she messed up big time, I do agree with whomever said above, that Ryan could have been more empathetic, he certainly made his share of mistakes as a newbie.

And the painter guy who actually did kill the mother, wow, what a total psycho! He only had a short scene, but he made the most of it. His words and the look on his face chilled me to the bone.

It did have it's bad points, some things that made me go "Huh? Where'd that come from?" and some things simply being too rushed to have the maximum impact. But overall, good premiere. Looking forward to next week's show.

Quickbeam, I think Riaz was charging at Horation, who stuck the knife out for Riaz to run into.

GOOD
-panoramic shots
-Riaz vs. Delko and Horation
-good overall
-some good lines

BAD
-seemed like they did everything overall to make Boa Vista seem incompetent

Overall, a solid beginning.

Okay, here we go!

The episode was great and thrilling I loved it.

The good

Calleigh is a great boss

I loved that they brought Yelina back in the first five minutes. (Not like CSI- NY that took 45 minutes to bring back an old character back)

Finally, closure in the Ray thing

I loved the flirting between Calleigh and Ryan

Can I hear "no more drama" Ryan and Delko didn't argue (Thank godness)

The Bad

The Boa drama "WTF?" I don't want to see that through out the year, but unfortunally they will continue it :confused:

Ryan Jr. How naive can you get?

Why did I miss the season finale? Oh man!

Other than that I was glued to the seat. (It was that good! ;))

:D To another CSI-Miami year, I know I will watch! ;) (Congrats and good luck)

Okay. IMHO:

Honestly, I wish I could say this premiere wasn't what I expected, or exceeded my expectations, but it really didn't. While some bits were nice and somewhat exciting, I thought it was just the usual thing.

It was nice to see Calleigh in charge, and it would be great to see more episodes in that same vein. It was also great that Yelina came back, even if it was only for this episode [so far..]

While I don't like Boa Vista, I like that Calleigh had her back despite the harsh feelings seen from the rest of the team. On the flip-side. I adore Ryan much more than I did before. Sure, it was a bit of a low blow. But I suppose I'm just mean like that.

Horatio, although killing two people in the episode still had that Horatio-esque coolness that he always seems to have. After all the stuff this guy put him through, and could still put him through should he have lived, I can't believe that he had no extra agression or emotion. I could be overlooking something, of course.

Really, whoever has been writing the plotlines, I hope they realize they have an entire season to explore them? I know they want to fit in as much as they can, but it's too much! What happened to extending a storyline to keep you in suspense for the next week? I myself would have liked to see the Rio chase / revenge stuff spread over two episodes or even a 90 minute episode. You can't just go to Rio, take your revenge, and come back to Miami in half an hour!

I feel a bit disappointed to say that the most exciting part was seeing Rex in the credits. About time!

Wow, I can actually say that I really enjoyed this episode. And really liked the fact that they brought Yelina back. Can't wait for next week's episode. :D

Destiny said:
As to H being less emotional, I think that comes from how little time has passed between the death of Marisol and then Ray Sr. probably angry and numb, he sent his brother and family to Brazil to start over in a new life, only to find that Ray didn't even bother to take a breath before going back into what he could have been out of, and then inadvertantly dragging his son into it as well.

Maybe in H's eyes, his brothers death was and end to a long saga that plagued the whole family, its sad to say that, but Raymond wouldn't have stopped no matter what, and he always in the end needed someone to get him out of the situations he put himself and his family into. Maybe in H's mind he loved his brother so much that his death was more of a relief rather then sad, Ray sr was slowly killing himself and taking the family along for the ride, possibly in H's mind this was the only way that would stop.

I think he was sad, but Ray loved adventure, he loved the thrill of it all, and in a way I don't think he would want H to get all emotional they have a bond that even death won't break, and Ray sr. knows H will always be there for Y and RJ. I think its that bond that gave H the strength to say goodbye to his brother and do what he had to do.

But this is all my opinion. :D
All very good points. I also thought that maybe since he thought Ray was dead years ago, he's already gone through all the emotions and grieving....does that make sense?

Anyone else thrown off by seeing a grown up Mason Gamble? I'm so used to him from 'Rushmore' as a little kid :lol:

ThisIsMe said:
All very good points. I also thought that maybe since he thought Ray was dead years ago, he's already gone through all the emotions and grieving....does that make sense?

Anyone else thrown off by seeing a grown up Mason Gamble? I'm so used to him from 'Rushmore' as a little kid :lol:

well I guess we also all know that Horatio kind of grieve is to make sure everything gets handled. Riaz for Marisol and a little Ray sr. then after that to find Ray jr and make sure he is okay for Ray sr grieve,, Just imho...

ohw and about the other case. I was like wtf is that guy confessing so kick is this just a lame thing to give the rio story more time but then the kid shot his stephdad and the visual effects that went from the lab to in front of the building was so awesome...

I was really afraid of a soapy continueens for the whole s4 ending and all but I really like the way this episode is done! not that soapy as expected and I like the dialogs between characters throughout the whole epi!

-Calleigh the big boss. But not big as in large, but powerful. And beautiful. (Or whatever it is that Ryan rambled on about for a while. Tee hee. :D)

Hehe :D :devil: Im glad Ryan doesnt like Boa, and that she messed up. Now I just hope its not always Ryan tutoring her now :mad:

How did Delko and H get back so soon? Everyone was wearing there same clothes and everything... Doesnt it take longer? You cant just say you want to go back to Miami and be there in like 2 hours. :rolleyes: I also thought that the whole Brazil scene was wayy shorter then I thought. The whole promo was about CSI IN BRAZIL, but they were only there for half of the show. Im not complaining because I wanted to see Cal and Ryan in the lab way more then seeing H and Brazil :lol: :) I just have to add that Ryan looked amaaazzing!! *drool* :p

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Man how much I loved to see Yelina again. They have to give her more episodes.

*does the happy scream and dance* Oh those scenes with H!

Bad things:
-Not changed credits, except added Rex and Eva
-Really rushed Miami case, I guess only point was to Snake Lady failing
-Snake Lady as a CSI. Please, keep her in the lab

Good things
-Yelina
-H and Yelina
- Yelina back in Miami (for now)
-Rex in main credits

Okies. Ray sr. I don't think it after all didn't matter that it wasn't Dean Winters. You really couldn't tell the difference :lol: I screamed wheee when H said "I love you" but wasn't that bit cold? He could have said that before he got up but meh, that was just cold.

Ray jr. Oooh... he is a tough guy know. I somehow liked Alex Buck more. Despite the eyebrows.

H on killing spree? Man, he killed TWO druglords in same episode :eek:

Y's apartment. Now I wonder how did they get money to buy such a thing... Ah... the drug money!But why would Y accept drugmoney?

Calleigh. Isn't she wonderful? She's a kickass. Show would so die without her. <3

Alexx. Please give her more time.

As for Snake in the crime scene. Three things made me wonder

1)high heals
2)hair going free
3) white pants

Anyways. I liked the episode. Despite those few evil things with H (killing, cold emotions)

i don't see why H should say "I love you" to his brother. maybe he's not that kind of emotional, but hey guys... he's still just a human being... and he lost his brother. I would have told my sis "i love you" like a thousand times and wouldn't have let her go.

yeah, human being but the my concern was more lie... because H is human being and Ray being his brother and he has seen so much trouble to give him another chance, I'd expected for bit more emotional love yous.

Christ, he is sobbing after Aerosol that he knew for a few months and married her because wanted to give her weddings before she dies.

:rolleyes:

I agree with Ducky on all the bad points stated. The main title credits annoyed me. Why would they just jump at the last minute to change two things, and then leave the rest of it out of squence, and not interesting? That's not the way to pull in your audience, it's plain stupidity.

Boa Vista as a CSI. - Not that it's a bad thing but...Okay it's a bad thing. She did not work hard for it, plain and simple so that line was a bunch of garbage. She screwed up, and she should be facing the consequences, not finding ways around it. The case was rushed, and it was only to see her fail. It's a childish waste of the writer's time, and the viewers time.

Now, for Horatio and the helicopter pad? Bad idea. This is just a repeat of Horatio and Delko shoving the mala noche into a trunk. (What ever happened to the mala noche anyway? Pfft continuity my ass.) This was a dissapointing scene, and it should never have happened. I kept thinking to myself "Now if this were season two...."

:mad:

There were some good points, to which I'll get to when I have more time because in reality, I found there were more good points than bad points. :) So I'll be back.

Back