Episode #501 'Rio' ***RE-AIRING DEC 4, 2006***

Re: Episode #501 'Rio' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Omg!

Like Ryan is lookin' totally sexy in this eppy!

And I was like omg, when Ray held the gun to the dude on the roof but then he put the gun down! Phew!

And Calleigh is beautiful as ever.

And Natalia is just..... I cannot believe she's a CSI now.

Dude. That was awesome.

t gets eveb better next week. Calleigh forcefully takes someone in cuffs.

Uber Sexy...

I can't wait. But for now, I'm going to bed.

Night ya'll.

Megan

It's like... everyone forgot how to act over the summer. And how the hell did Snake become a CSI in two months? And... why is everyone acting so badly!

I think I'm switching over to Studio 60. An army of Ann Donahues could never beat one single Aaron Sorkin.

what did she say i missed what she said before h replied family to her. i cant believe it is over

QUESTION:
I'm just watching the DVRd, but near the beginning, Delko is talking to the guy, who says because of <something> the reports were sanitized? What did he say?

I can actually say that I loved this ep. It wasn't completely about H and Eric, thank god. Loved how Cal took charge about the whole Boa Vista/mole plot. I wish it ended with Horatio and Calleigh. Can't wait til next week.

got a question is it monday the 25th yet i want it to be monday the 25th. i hate waiting. i did like calleigh in charge

Hey everyone, I'm just a little new fan of CSI: Miami :D but I have to admit, IT WAS SO COOOOL and pretty exciting!

Okay, my thoughts on this... Horatio got his revenge, BIG time. He got to kill his wife's murderer. And Raymond kicks the bucket for real, and it gets Horatio emotional. That was the best scene in the entire show, well, with the exception of Horatio taking out Riaz. I found it hard to understand them tonight, I don't know if it was just my excitement levels or what, but I swear, they were all whispering.

And Boa Vista, what a way to start off being a CSI. Understandable that she is a newbie, and I kinda feel bad for her. The mole spectre will follow her for a while to come, at least Calleigh was ready to live and let live. I say, let it go, and get to work!

How fierce was Calleigh? I loved her so much in that role! She should be in charge a lot more. She looked amazing, so did my girl Alexx, who again, had what, six lines? I'm hopeful that since this is just the first eppy of the new season( which I thought was exceptional , btw), that she will be used for more than saying, "If there is anything I can do..." She is a kick ass ME, let her be that!

The acting did seem awkward at times, but I chose to look over it, I was just happy that it was back! There were some points I didn't like, for instance, Ryan's behavior towards Boa Vista. True, she was the mole and she betrayed their trust, but let's be adult and get over it. They are on the same side, you know, trying to catch the bad guys. Cut the woman a break! I can admit, at first, I didn't like Boa Vista, but she grew on me, even though she was the mole. Like I said, I feel bad for her having to prove herself( Hmmm, seems oddly familiar, anyone for S3?)

I can see that Eric has got a ways to go to recover from what happened, poor dude. Gone are the days of laughter and quipps. Now we have to settle for a serious Delko... Wow. But , my heart does go out to him, he lost his best friend, then a year later , loses his sister. I hope he finds someone( which we are lead to believe) soon.

All in all, I absoultely loved it. I'm just now coming down from waiting all day, and all night. Now , I can rest easy. Justice was served in Miami tonight ;)

Now, next week's eppy looks very promising!

Cheers!

ACW1129 said:
QUESTION:
I'm just watching the DVRd, but near the beginning, Delko is talking to the guy, who says because of <something> the reports were sanitized? What did he say?

He said that since the Miami prosecutor sanitized the reports (removing the names of witnesses in order to protect them, etc.) that his hands were tied, that the Brazillian autorities required full disclosure ie., all the names of everyone involved in order to charge Riaz. Since they did not get that, they had to free him.

At least that's the way I understood it. ;)

Oh my goodness, my first impression when I saw Jonathan Togo was, "Oh, my goodness, he's lost weight!" For all the jokes about carbo loading for the new season, it looks like he did some carbo-unloading :lol:

His limbs look so long and slim. I like it. :D Does anyone agree?

He was dressed similarly to Urban Hellraisers; with the over coat, over shirt and undershirt. Except the top shirt was a weird shade of yellow instead of green. It was not really a great color. It looked like someone faded the color out of the green shirt from Urban. :p

But enough about Jon's hotness and his wardrobe...
The Rio stuff was way too fast, and I'm sort of glad for it. I don't think I could put up with too much of that stuff. I wanted to see more about the stuff back at the lab. And boy!, was Ray Jr. stupid or what? :rolleyes:

Another thing that bothered me; at one moment they are in Rio, Horatio says we're going home, and then next time we see the lab Eric is already there. It's was like, "Whoa, time warp!" :p

Boa! and Ryan! Holy cow! "Just because your husband was a slime-bag doesn't mean they all are." I was like, "Whoa Ryan, that's not nice," but then she said, "That was low," and he said, "Well that's low," pointing to the dead husband on the pavement outside. I couldn't argue with him there. :rolleyes:

Okay explanation: The step son shot his step dad with a gun he stole three days prior, and then tried to pled insanity by saying that Boa's comment sent him over the edge. She said something along the lines of, "We'll get em," or something like that.

Horatio killed two people in this ep. :rolleyes: That's just crazy. He's a killing machine. :(

Well, that's all I can think of at the moment.

I loved the panaromic views in both Rio and Miami, they really made sure to pay attention to details, no matter how they tried to make it seem bad, they managed to bring out the beauty.

Calleigh did really great as second in command, she was tolerant of the tension, and has made it clear that she doesn't hold the "mole thing" against Natalia. How she sat down and explained it to her how it works. -- Natalia did great considering she hadn't been out in the field, but I have to admit I am reserving judgement, she seems at home in the lab more then out in the field. She played the newbie real well, and Calliegh's talk with her regarding how do deal with being a CSI was what she needed.

Ryan, hmm what can I say, usually I try to see the positive of any negative, but that dude, needs to practice what he preaches, hasn't been that long since he was a newbie, who screwed up and came in with tensions running high. -- Now while I can see him explaining the part about emotions and being careful about them getting in the way, again I say he should practice what he preaches considering he went off on Natalia about 2 minutes later, that not all husbands are like her ex, that is hitting below the belt in my opinion and sounded like an emotion getting in the way. I am reserving judgement on peoples anomosity but it seemed as if Eric was professional around Natalia, the reason I reserve judgement is because he had other things on his mind.

Now to Rio, So Marisol visions they were flash backs? interesting, or am I getting this mixed up with a different ep? either way I like the fact that they didn't do "6 months later" but rather "6 weeks later". Hmm lets talk about family, I think this Ray Sr. screen time beat out the other actors time. Ray Jr becoming a drug mule, talk about getting in with the wrong crowd, but when he asked H if he was alright I saw a glimps of the RJ they had created before Brazil. -- Yelina did great leaving it up in the air on whether or not she would be returning, but knowing that she can count on H if she ever needed him, and that they will always be family. She showed the true Yelina strength that I think we all came to love about the character. I love that they left more guest appearances open if they wanted to do more.

Eric realizing that no matter how far you travel, no matter how much you get the bad guy, it doesn't stop the hurting of losing someone you love, hopefully he will use that lesson to heal and not go back to the "old eric" ways. -- I loved seeing the credits Rex Linn's name appeared and in this ep he wasn't in it much but he did make the most of his time in the scenes. As did Alexx.

Overall storyline, honestly it felt compacted to me, if they were to have done it in a two parter or their 90 min way it might have felt differently, I get that Calliegh is good but she rapped up cases click click click, maybe it was the motivation of the temporary job position. The whole Brazil storyline just seemed hurried, it was good, but it didn't take time to do more then rush rush and head back for miami. Then even in Miami they rushed it, and yet they never finished the storyline, RJ was a supposed drug mule, but they didn't play that out, maybe I missed it but I don't remember them mentioning medical help for him, just that he was meeting the guy to give him the drugs.

While the story was rushed again my opinion, the characters made it great to watch, if I had to give this a rating 1-10 (1 being bad - 10 being great) I would give it an 8 or 9. While it had its good points, it also had some downsides as well.

Destiny said:
I loved the panaromic views in both Rio and Miami, they really made sure to pay attention to details, no matter how they tried to make it seem bad, they managed to bring out the beauty.
Ditto- really beautiful.

Loved how they played more of the theme song before the credits :)

Is it just me or did H not seem too affected by his brother's death? I thought he was more emotional when Speed died.

Calliegh was great being in charge. Her interaction with Ryan about being "big" was cute.

Like the new Ray Jr. What is this, the third actor in the role?

The slow motion shots they used of H and Yelina totally felt soap opera-ish to me.

Ryan- Hott.
Eric- Hott.
Entire episode...not so much. There were some moments I enjoyed, but all in all, not the best episode IMO.

Cal in charge good!!!!

What happened to Ray Sr.? Did he die? They won't be in Rio anymore? Did they return to Miami?

What about Ryan working with Natalia? Is Natalia good as a CSI? (Well is soon to know but in your opinion guys) ;)

Thanks a lot!!! :D

Back