Episode #422 'Open Water' - Airing again on 30th Oct '06

Re: Episode #422 'Open Water' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Wow, I waited eagerly for this eppy all week, and it just about put me to sleep.
They threw out stuff that would make us suspect Ryan, Eric and Alexx as the mole. This is the first time I've suspected Ryan. He does seem to know everything.
Still leaning toward Alexx, though.
There's an interview with Marisol on tvguide.com tonight if you care to look.

The Fed must have his head screwed on backwards.. he could have charged H with death threats if he wanted to get him.. O__o It's illegal in Canada atleast to say death threats.

>__< Bah.. It was a slight improvement 'cause I'm giving them bonus points for Delko and his diving, and the ship.. =.= *is a sea fairing 'Canadian Pirate'* If only I could play the "What's wrong with SCUBA setup" game. :p Then that would have been perfect! :lol: He should have been using Nitrox too..

I'll give them a B outta pitty...

The Fed must have his head screwed on backwards.. he could have charged H with death threats if he wanted to get him.
I wondered about that. I think you're right.

goldnhart said:
The Fed must have his head screwed on backwards.. he could have charged H with death threats if he wanted to get him.
My Mother works for a lawyer. I ask strange questions to her about the law and she's like "Who do you know that did that.". But I remember her telling me that you can get jail time for death threats.

My father spent the entire episode speculating that there were now two sharks swimming in the ocean, one with an orange tie and one with orange hair, trying to figure out who shot Steve the shark.

Anyway, I thought the episode was okay. I made spaghetti during the Horatio/Marisol parts because I really don't care. The case was okay. I think the second victim part could have been a bit cleaner, though.

Loved the song at the end. Loved how it shut off when Alex closed the morgue drawer door. Musical morgue drawers would be awesome.

Well, now I know for sure that Eric is not the mole because he was standing there while someone (possibly the mole) was taking pictures of him and H.

I also liked the song at the end until Horatio/Marisol came own i thought they could have just ended it with Alex Im sorry but watching these two is like watching a sister trying to jump her brother bones I'm sorry that's just sick no feeling at all watching paint dry would be more livrly

Ergh. Bleh. Grungh. *miscellaneous disapproving/disappointed noises*

THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE MAY SWEEPS!!! ARG!!!

I mean, really, where's the excitement? Ok, so they did a bit about H/M, and a bit with the feds, and a bit with the mole, but it really didn't feel significant to me. It somehow just feels like the storylines are running in circles or something, and not really going anywhere.

I agree with the red/yellow/green colour scheme thing, I was thinking "hmm, traffic light" too :lol:

Overall, I was once again quite disappointed with this ep. It seems to me like they're going to have to start cramming in a lot more info/plot into the next episodes in order to effectively cover all the bases with the mole and the feds and all, not to mention Ryan's eye, H/M, and the whole love triangle thing. *puke* If my many questions don't get answered before season's end I'll be upset. :mad:

For me the episode was just ok. I will say I was glad there was a refreshing lack of the soapish storylines this week.

I hate to say it, but I'm leaning towards Calleigh as the mole as well, and I really, really do not want it to be her. I don't see how it could possibly be Eric now, because apparently the whole lab knew his sister had been called in for questioning and he had no idea.

The case was just alright, it didn't keep me rivted, yet I wasn't bored either. I did like seeing Jessop and Joseph again, though.

And I love the Beach Boys, I grew up listening to my parents' albums, and 'Sloop John B' is a great song, but in my opinion it was so out of place on the show tonight.

Horatio and Marisol, I still cannot work up any enthusiasm about this storyline.

:lol: I did love the scene with Alexx, Calleigh and Ryan and the shark's stomach contents..."Ryan honey, procrastination only prolongs the agony." Is that how the line went?

Well Eric could still be the mole because think about it they dont want to give it away to the end so Eric could have hired someone to take thoes photos so i wont count him out just yet edit to say the hole time Eric and H where talking and someone was taking those photos i was thanking look over your shoulders see the person taking photos :rolleyes:

I'm new on the board, been lurking awhile. Had some thoughts about tonight's episode :

1: Marisol-The healthiest looking cancer patient ever. I should look so good on the best day of my life, much less when I'm in a downward spiral of chemo and cancer.

2: Ryan Wolf-He's cute in a brainier Scott Bao kind of way, but jeez, he has a habit of sticking his foot in it. If he's not blabbing private guy talk details to the girl he's asking out, he's casually telling Delko about Marisol being grilled by the FBI. I don't mean he's stupid....just kind of oblivious. As a kid he probably got his Dad fired from a job by asking in front of the boss "Is that the fat old Fart you work for, Daddy?"

3. Horatio Caine-Could you do much more to keep Eric Delko excluded from his sister's life? And what is this threatening of a federal Agent stuff? How come people never get in trouble for this kind of thing on TV? I could never pull this kind of crap and get away with it.

4. Tripp-Getting kinda lazy there, aren't we guy? Don't bother checking the garbage for a body; then send some poor schmuck in your place. Don't wanna help Delko pull a shark-which WAS evidence- from the water. Got better things to do, Frank?

5. Tripp's right though; that shark did look like a big, fat guppy.

6. How did Alex know there was something vitally important in the shark contents? Osmosis? And for that matter, why didn't she find it while she was pawing through the stuff herself ?

7. Calleigh cracks me up. She gives these guys a sweet, empty headed little girl smile and uses this southern/shugah accent and these macho types fall for it every time.
"Sure, let that cute little thing check my magic box. She'll never notice the false bottom that's six inches from the floor of the kit."

8. Gad, that Sixteen year old looked like she was twenty-something. They sure do grow up fast. Not very bright, though. "Gee, I just murdered my step-dad in this shirt. I think I'll wear it all day while I'm talking to the police."

9. Check that. The Captain was dumber. He murders a girl on the flimsiest possible reason and then, instead of dumping the body at sea to be devoured by sharks or whatever, he sticks her in his garbage for safe keeping. How'd this dummy managed to sail a passenger liner for twenty years without hitting an iceberg is beyond me.

Jelpy

ShuriyuCSI said:
goldnhart said:
My Mother works for a lawyer. I ask strange questions to her about the law and she's like "Who do you know that did that.". But I remember her telling me that you can get jail time for death threats.

Unless someone actually heard H say that it would be hard to prove that he said it. The guy is supposed to be investigating H, Horatio could just say that the guy made it up to make his job easier.

What do they call it when it's one's work against the other's?
:confused:

As for the ep, I liked Ryan better tonight. He and Delko didn't seem to be any worse off because of the Boa thing. That's good at least. I'm sure that will come up later though. :rolleyes:

athlov said:
What do they call it when it's one's work against the other's?
:confused:

Mom said to give her a moment.. She said a few words like 'controversial' and 'adversary' but I doubt that's what you're looking for. :lol:

Did I say work, I meant word. opps :rolleyes:

jelpy1 said:

"Sure, let that cute little thing check my magic box. She'll never notice the false bottom that's six inches from the floor of the kit."

I noticed the false bottom and I was watching it on TV. :lol: :rolleyes:

8. Gad, that Sixteen year old looked like she was twenty-something. They sure do grow up fast. Not very bright, though. "Gee, I just murdered my step-dad in this shirt. I think I'll wear it all day while I'm talking to the police."

9. Check that. The Captain was dumber. He murders a girl on the flimsiest possible reason and then, instead of dumping the body at sea to be devoured by sharks or whatever, he sticks her in his garbage for safe keeping. How'd this dummy managed to sail a passenger liner for twenty years without hitting an iceberg is beyond me.

I was thinking the same things.

ETA: Oh! Maybe the reason for the garbage being dumped was to dump the girl. The guy being pushed overboard spoiled his plan. The garbage attracted the sharks whom then killed the guy, and he had to stop dumping.

Back