Episode #422 'Open Water' - Airing again on 30th Oct '06

Re: Episode #422 'Open Water' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

I thought this would be better one but no.
All I hope that Aerosol dies and we can move on with the good ol' Miami.

James Remar's voice... mmmmm... it's hot as hell.

Did I imagine things or was the theme again red/orange/yellow?

Frank <3 man, he kicks ass. Soon the best character of the whole show. And give me more of Jessop!

I hate those little short scenes about something totally different (H meeting that agent) and then you have to wait and wait and wait.

And the end scene made me scream.

[insert Finnish swearwords here]

midnight_tiptoes said:
When Sloop John B started playing at the end I couldn't stop laughing.

Ditto. The sad thing is, I actually like that song, now I'll never be able to listen to it in the same way again. And the whole artistic stop-the-music-when-the-drawer-shuts thing? I laughed harder. Lame.

Also, why do they insist on making Marisol such a damsel in distress? It's disgusting.

calli_fornia said:
I get the feeling that the "mole" will be Alex since she seems to be fading into the background and a hint that the character might not return next season (hopefully my feeling is off).

I hope your feeling is correct. At the end of the episode, we see Alexx shoving a dead body away and the scene fades out, sort of like we are saying good bye to Alexx. What was the point of that scene? It wasn't like we were in there viewing a dead body or Alexx before that, switch over shove in a dead body, fade out from Alexx, switch over to happy scene between H/M. So long Alexx??? That was what I caught anyway. Of course, I want her off the show. I do not want to see Eric or Calleigh go, so Alexx is my preference.

I don't want to see Alexx go, but if they had to kick someone off the main cast, I would rather it be her. I don't think that they are going to make Calleigh the mole, that would be pretty stupid. Ratings would drop in an instant. At least, from what I have been hearing, they would. I know that if they kicked her off the show, I would stop watching it for good. She is believe it or not, my role model, if they kick her off, I will be pretty angry.

Good episode. 3.5 cows out of 5.

Geni, I'm shocked!! ;)

There must have been a good case going on to earn the 3.5 grading. I've not seen it yet, so I can't really comment at the moment. Glad you liked it though.

....and Ducky, your comments cracked me up! :lol:

I liked the episode. Some of you need to stop bitching. No wonder Anne doesn't read message boards. Some of you are always negative and nit pick at the smallest things.

I thought it was good. And Calleigh seemed like she was back to her normal self. That makes me happy because she has been really weird lately. I guess she's just been too quiet this season.

lulu said:
I liked the episode. Some of you need to stop bitching. No wonder Anne doesn't read message boards. Some of you are always negative and nit pick at the smallest things.
lulu, everyone is entitled to their opinion, whether it is positive, neutral or negative. This is a discussion forum where all opinions are welcomed. Please refrain from asking posters not to post in a certain way. If we disagree with an opinion, it is fine to say so, but we should always try to respect the opinions of others. Thank you.

Lucy said:
Geni, I'm shocked!! ;)

There must have been a good case going on to earn the 3.5 grading. I've not seen it yet, so I can't really comment at the moment. Glad you liked it though.

Well I decided to be generous ;)

I guess it deserved that extra cow and a half because the episode had me cracking up at some of the scenes. :D And besides the scenes with Marisol and Horatio, the rest of the episode was good. Not enough forensics, but we have to remember, the cast of Bold and The Beaut-I mean CSI:Miami have a lot on their plate this May Sweeps. (I wouldn't mind seeing the Trace Lab again for more than three seconds, and no split screens) But overall, pretty good.

Okay, so if I fast-forward the H/Marisol scenes, I think I might like this episode! ;)

I taped it but I haven't gotten to see it yet, sounds interesting can't wait till I get to it. :)

Lucy said:
lulu said:
lulu, everyone is entitled to their opinion, whether it is positive, neutral or negative. This is a discussion forum where all opinions are welcomed. Please refrain from asking posters not to post in a certain way. If we disagree with an opinion, it is fine to say so, but we should always try to respect the opinions of others. Thank you.

I know everyone is entilted to their opinion, but I just wonder sometimes why these people are here when it seems like they hate the show so much.

Lucy said:
Okay, so if I fast-forward the H/Marisol scenes, I think I might like this episode!

Yup...I think you might, lol. :D You can miss the one at the end entirely if you stop watching after Alexx shuts the morgue drawer. ;)

lulu said:
I know everyone is entilted to their opinion, but I just wonder sometimes why these people are here when it seems like they hate the show so much.

Speaking only for myself...I don't hate the show at all. What I dislike is the soap opera style storylines we've had to endure this season, and the changes that have happened to some of the characters. It frustrates me to no end.

But, I also realize there are those that have loved everything that's happened this season, and that is perfectly fine by me, I respect their opinion, even if I may not agree with it.

I know what lulu is saying – I’ve also thought about the amount of negativity. I was thinking lately that other people’s opinions have been influencing how I feel about the show.

I’ve had to tell myself to step back and remember way I like this show so much – because I really do. I watch this show more than any other. I look forward to it the most every week.

But I agree with Thumpy. It is really frustrating watching things happen to characters that you love so much.

Honestly, I watch this show every week because I want to see Ryan. I want to watch his every move, hear the sound of his voice, and look at his beautiful eyes and smile. Really, that’s why I love this show so much. The rest for me is just another setting for him to be in each week.

I do love the show. I started watching it because I was intrigued by Horatio, but he’s gotten so old looking and his character has gotten too stale for my liking. *sigh* I’m just really into Ryan right now.

Back