Episode #422 'Open Water' - Airing again on 30th Oct '06

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, Apr 29, 2006.

1. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

Re: Episode #422 'Open Water' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Negative comments do not mean we hate the show. Being a fan means at times being critical and sometimes we need to vent our frustrations!

If anyone reads a negative comment, and they disagree with it, I would suggest posting why you disagree and offer a view to the contrary. This is, afterall, a discussion forum. ;)

2. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

I wholeheartedly agree with you there Thumpy. I think MD makes a very good point too. Being critical is all part of being a fan. If my football team isn't playing well, I get frustrated. It doesn't mean I'll stop supporting them. One thing I have always liked about this Board is the diversity of opinions expressed here, and the fact that views for and against the show are actively encouraged. Some other forums I have been to are so negative that I really didn't want to stay around very long at all!

3. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

I didn't know we were doing that. I thought we all were giving our opinions. ;)

4. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I also don't prefer the way the show has been going this season, with the 'soap opera' feel. I am probably one of the biggest, most loyal fans there are. (I've been there since the beginning) I watch every single week, and look at every detail. My favorite character was killed off, so I don't have a favorite character anymore. Yet, I still support the show and sometimes I can get very critical. It's a big part of being a fan. So I understand the negativity in these threads, because a lot of us are frustrated. I also see a lot of positivity in these threads as well, which is great. :)

I can't really say anything THAT bad about 'Open Water' because it was pretty good. See? Positivity for once. And that is why I have 3 and a half cows :lol:

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I love Miami. It is my fav of the CSI shows.

**Spoiler Space**

The H/M marriage is okay with me too, b/c they kill her immediately so no problem. do not check back if they kill Calleigh though ....

6. Lucy

Please remember to add spoiler space or use the spoiler code when posting info relating to events yet to be aired in the US, or when posting spoiler speculation. Thanks. :)

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I thought since the thread said 'contains spoilers' that it was okay. Does that only mean contains spoilers for that specific episode? Probably now that I think about it. My bad.... I hope I did not ruin anything for anyone since I was not paying attention...

8. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I feel the same way sometimes too. People bring up only the negative things about episodes.

Personally I hate the whole soapish-part of the season 4 and especially H/Aerosol storyline and the simple fact that Aerosol has only a few months to live and she looks like a supermodel.

With this episode... I couldn't find anything positive than a bit different kind of crime scene, James Remar's sexy voice, Officer Jessop AND my Frank <3

9. Lucy

Yes. As we open the episode thread a few days before the episode airs, we have to insert the spoiler warning in the thread title. After the episode has aired, we tend to leave it there, just for the benefit of those who still haven't seen it and choose not to be spoiled. Technically, we could remove the spoiler warning after the episode has been shown. :)

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I found this episode to be a bit tedious although I have to admit a psycho daughter at the end was a bit unexpected. The lady with avian flu sort of flew swiftly by me and didn't invoke any interest from me.

The H / M thing. I like the thought of them having a relationship but man. wish they would show at least some passion, chemistry, just something.

11. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

^Yeah, cold relationship like that one works only in Finnish movies :lol: (check out Aki Kaurismäki films ;) )

12. Guest

Guest Guest

There has been a lot of discussion in regards to moles not being people we like and more importantly reasons behind the mole turning on the lab.
    I think the mole is Delko, the seeds were laid back when Speedle died, they briefly touched on Delko's problem back last season with the risky behavior. I think Delko blames H for Speedle's Death.
    As far as when he became the mole I think there are two, one is Valera and then the other is Delko. Delko came later during the drug accusation and charges. In monday's episode the FBI interviewed Delko's sister on the situation, this was not a mistake. The Marijuana incident to a certain extent had been long since closed. Delko was offered no charges or loss of job if he would turn on his team.

Also the nail gun incident, is when Delko was not around for undisclosed reasons. It was because of him that Ryan got hurt. He could very well have been doing the deal.

Finally in the beginning of the Season Delko was a wreck and now he seems to be getting back in the groove.

On a side note, Trip was more than hesistant to do anything with Eric, I don't think that Ryan and H are the only ones who know.

Look forward to your thoughts.

13. CSIWATCHER

CSIWATCHER Police Officer

This mole thing is pissing me off more and more, if its calleigh thats ganna suck BAD for miami cause no one will watch it. everyone likes calleigh. See we know its not ryan horatio and i thought delko but his actions in open water proved that its apparently not eric, next week ryan is suppose to test alexx or thats what the promo looked like, so that will prolly exclude her, whos left....CALLEIGH! thats about the stupidist shit ever!

14. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Well...Not necessarily. I mean, I like her but she's not my favorite. If she leaves the show, I'm still going to watch.

But I agree, I'm tired of this mole garbage. I just want it to be finished. ---In the episode Open Water, they were kind of trying to take throw the blame off of Alexx and Calleigh so it seemed like it was none of them..Althought we know that in the end, it will end up being one of them anyway.

15. Megan930

Megan930 Rookie

I am starting to believe that the mole is Calleigh. I hope that I am wrong because she is one of my fave characters. I don't think I would enjoy Miami without her in it. I also like Alex, but if she left I wouldn't care either way.