Dr. Peyton Driscoll/Claire Forlani Thread #1

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by ker, Oct 1, 2006.

1. macpeyfan

macpeyfan Witness

I've been thinking about Peyton's scenes from this season and I can't think of even one that I wished I hadn't seen. Whereas, with other characters, sometimes i was averting my eyes, wishing it was over.

2. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

I agree, the writers have done an excellent job of bringing Peyton into the show and integrating her well with all the main cast members. And Claire Forlani's acting has made it all smooth sailing.

Just makes you wonder how the writers get it so wrong with other stories and cast development.

I know the scene was so good on so many levels, I would love to see more of that side to her.

True, and I was dubious to start with. But I hope she stays.

3. privatename

privatename Rookie

I actually didn't like that scene (and I saw it in a repeat tonight and didn't like it this time around either.) She wasn't telling Mac something in confidence. She assumed (her assumption, so not his problem) that Hawkes had removed himself from the case because he knew the victim and she didn't know who to give the file to so, logically, she asked his supervisor. There was nothing said in confidence. She assumed Hawkes had done the right thing. If she wanted to be Hawkes' friend she should have asked him who to give the file to and then she could have talked to him about how he was potentially compromising the case. Mac was rightfully angry at Hawkes for not informing him of his prior relationship with the victim. Now, you can argue that this has happened in other episodes with other CSIs and Mac hasn't gotten angry and I agree with that. However, that doesn't change the fact that Mac had a right to be angry with Sheldon and Peyton had no right to question Mac on that. She is the one who assumed Mac knew and once he had the information Mac had no choice but to call Hawkes out on it. I wish he hadn't done it so publicly, but that is another discussion.

4. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

Update of my opinion, I think Peyton Driscoll is a well developed charachter who transitioned very well into CSI: NY, MUCH better than Lindsay Monroe who I think should've been more of a recurring charachter. While not buying into the "I hate Lindsay/Why Lindsay Must Go" camp necessarily, in my opinion, the producers/writers really drop the ball by reducing the Montana girl to just some love-interest for New York street roughneck Danny Messer who I think is one of my favorite charachters on the show. I am somewhat troubled by his softening up because of Lindsay.

Peyton Driscoll on the other hand has the kind of beautiful austerity that I think can make a woman charachter very attractive both physically as well as emotionally and Peyton in many respects has both traits and is great with communicating with Mac. The only thing that makes her clutter stems from the fact that I as well as MILLIONS of others are hard-core SMacked fans but at the same time, I like the tension between her and Stella.

I am optimistic about Peyton's future role on this show, much more than Lindsay in many respects. Now granted, Peyton has a ways to go before she wins admiration but I think Claire Forlani is excellent as Mac's love interest but the whole 'love' thing I think should be handled with caution.

5. mj0621

mj0621 Pathologist

i couldn't have said it better ;) i hope i see her again in the new eppies... I kinda missed her, i wanna see where her character goes :p

oh! there's some SMacked fans here too! :D *phew* btw, there's another ship named SPaM :lol:

6. macpeyfan

macpeyfan Witness

Much as I love Mac/Peyton scenes, I also like her scenes with other characters. I'd love to see more of her and Stella. And no, not because I think there would be a confrontation. Because they're two strong women who are intelligent and interesting to watch.

7. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

Yeah! One of the reasons I like her so much is that she doesn't need to be with Mac in order to shine. She's an individual character and not just half of a ship. I love her accent too, very sexy.

I seriously doubt that Stella and Peyton would be getting into any kind of catfight. They're far too mature and professional for that kind of behavior.

8. macpeyfan

macpeyfan Witness

I agree. I don't think there would be a confrontation - I would like to see their friendship develope. So far we've only seen Stella with "the guys' and with Lindsey. Her relationship with Lindsey is more big sister. With Peyton, it could be a more equal friendship.

9. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

That would make for a more interesting relationship since they'd be on the same level with each other. I'd really like to see more of that as well.

10. mj0621

mj0621 Pathologist

:lol: I'd be shock if I saw a scene... but I wouldn't be complaining... just kidding! :p

Peyton is my favorite "added" new character in all CSI shows. Like you guys said, she fits in perfectly. It's like the chemistry and the relationship they have with her is somehow... well, it's like they knew her way before Linds... (no offense to Lindsay... cause it took her a while to get the gang so...)

11. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

I love Peyton...as someone said before, she's a strong woman character, and really is a pleasure to watch her interact with the others, not JUST her love interest. The fact that she can also stand alone as her own character is a plus, too...it makes me wonder sometimes how the writers could handle one character so well, and totally *&^% up another (*cough* Lindsay)

and while i am a diehard Mac/Stella fan from the begining...the whole Mac/Peyton thing isnt a grind on my nerves like the Danny/Lindsay thing is. CLaire Forlani and Gary Sinise have a great chemistry (although I STILL SAY that Mac/Stella is better), and its fun to watch them ineract together...Claire is a talented actress and certainly fits perfectally with the majority of the cast.

12. macpeyfan

macpeyfan Witness

mj0621 - love your animated banner - Mac all smiley in the background.

13. mj0621

mj0621 Pathologist

csinyfreak we have the same thoughts on her :D squee!

macpeyfan im glad you like it. dragonflydreamer made it for me in the siggy requests. :lol: im so happy you noticed mac in the background. I couldn't find a pic with them three in it together and peyton and stella NOT arguing :p I love this pic... pity mac's face can't be zoomed :lol: i bet Mac's happy... after all, he has two lovely gals :)

14. detdonflackjr

detdonflackjr Rookie

I missed Peyton last night..I wasnt sure if I liked her in the beginning but now I actually miss her when shes not in an episode

15. mj0621

mj0621 Pathologist

^ I know! it's like... where is she??! :lol:
    wish she's in the next eppie...
    *mutters how hiatus tortures fans*