Dr. Peyton Driscoll/Claire Forlani Thread #1

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by ker, Oct 1, 2006.

1. mj0621

mj0621 Pathologist

I did and i think she was okay... but I keep telling my brain... no! she's not peyton here :lol:

well, all i can say is, (im tucking in my smacked ship away for a moment) i admit i didnt like her at first (specially on how they first put her on screen) but i kinda like her now... :p seriously, she makes me aww and laugh at times (yeah, she has this funny scenes and its really funny :p)
    nowadays i even check if shes gonna be on the next eppie :lol: im really intrigued on how will the tptb handle her character and her relationship with mac and the other csis (danny anyone? that scene was cute... :D) in short, i dont mind her at all anymore...i even added her (and mac)in my multishippy heart ;)

congrats to her and her engagement...

and she was cool in meet joe black too...

oh and another thing... i heard shes gonna leave soon..is that true? O_O i mean..how? what story line?

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^Where did you hear she was going to leave soon? I hope not, I like Peyton, whether she's with Mac or not.

3. mj0621

mj0621 Pathologist

^ i first saw it in a forum i randomly clicked...then some friends of mine were talking about it already.. i was like...
    no joke??

sad... if she does leave, i hope it isnt about a case...*swallows shippy voice* and nuff said :p

4. macpeyfan

macpeyfan Witness

Ok, I did some digging and found an interview with Dougray Scott - he was talking about being done on Housewives in March and how he wants to go back to England to film and to live, at least parttime because his kids live there. So, if Claire Forlani and Dougray Scott are getting married this year, which supposedly they are, that puts her in England too. Hopefully, there is something TPTB can do (and are willing to do) to work around it :(?

5. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

I don't want to lose Peyton either, I think she's cool. There might be a way for the writers to work around it since Peyton doesn't appear in every single episode anyway.

What I like about Peyton is that even though she's Mac girlfriend, she's not just Mac's girlfriend. There's more to her character and she doesn't need to actually share a scene with Mac in order to shine. Two of my favorite moments:

Her coin toss with Sid over who will preform the autopsy on the mummy in Not What It Looks Like. Kinda cute, actually.

When she tells Stella she can't be in the mourge during the autopsy in Raising Shane. The tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife.

6. macpeyfan

macpeyfan Witness

I also really liked the scene between Peyton and Hawkes, in Murder Sings the Blues - "Sheldon, monitor." She was so school teachery there - which ties right into her backstory.
    Her scenes with other characters are just as strong as her ones with Mac - and yes, love the coin toss.

7. mj0621

mj0621 Pathologist

ooh! i love the tension between her and stella :D
    *swallows multishippy heart again*
    its... interesting

and lol she is funny...
    my fave is the one that danny keeps joking her and mac.. cute

8. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

I think Peyton is a decent charachter who could use some good development and as of this writing, they've done a much better job with her than with Lindsay.

Oh, and yes, I can see some tension brewing between her and Stella. Of course it may be because I'm so much into SMacked but that's for a different thread so I'll end it here.

Anyway, Peyton seems like a very decent charachter but could use some development but so far seems very professional and not too juvenile like Lindsay.

9. mulder8scullly5

mulder8scullly5 Prime Suspect

I like her character as well...but not with Mac! hahha!!! SMacked still....

10. Top41

^Yes, that's what I love about Peyton! Claire has brought so much to the role, and I think she's moved beyond just being Mac's love interest. I adore the character--she's so much fun and yet can play serious/romantic with Mac when she needs to.

I'd add the cute scene with Danny in the morgue to the list as well! That was hilarious!

11. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

I agree I like how they have tried to round out the character. The scene with Sid when they tossed to see who would get the mummy was priceless. They have managed to integrate her well, where as with Lindsay her character was left to flounder. And now her main role seems to be as Danny's girlfriend which I feel is an insult to both characters and the viewer but thats for another thread.

With Peyton I would like to see more of the Peyton who confronted Mac in the corridor over Hawkes, I thought that scene was very good. And showed that she wasnt afraid to stand up to Mac over something she felt was important. I liked her a lot more after that. (But I still would scream in delight if Mac ended up with Stella... :D)

Overall as a character I like her, and I like her interaction with the rest of the cast. She has a backbone which I like and she says what she means and isn't afraid to go toe to toe with Mac and Stella. And Sid doesn't creep her out either.

12. Top41

I think Peyton is in such stark contrast to Lindsay that it bears mention here. Whereas Peyton has been established both as a love interest and a character on her own in just a handful of episodes (5? 6?), Lindsay has had a whole season and a half and hasn't moved past being a one-dimensional love interest character. I think it's a mix of writing and acting. Claire Forlani is just so good.

I liked that scene, too. I felt like she was sticking up for her friend, and also her sense of feeling betrayed...that something she told Mac is confidence had been used against Hawkes.

I get the feeling that she quite likes Sid--she seems to get along really well with all of the characters. She's a natural fit.

13. detdonflackjr

detdonflackjr Rookie

I love Peyton/Mac :) any word on whether or not she will be on next season as well?

14. mj0621

mj0621 Pathologist

ooh! I was just thinking the same thing and I heard from a friend who was in another forum that something up's gonna happen to Peyton... anyone know if what is it?

15. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

...you forgot "AND HAWT". :D