Doctor Who!

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Guest, Apr 15, 2006.

1. celsie

celsie Victim

i LOVED that one! i thought DT's performance was (please forgive the cheesiness here), but I thought he was absolutely incredible, and moving, and endearing, and faaaaantastic!

"i just snogged madame de pompadour!"

he was just so cute too, when he wandered back in drunk... and with the banana! (sorry.... *sigh* i think I may have to go pull my discs out and watch a few epis!)

2. Maiel

Maiel Rookie

I've really really enjoyed this past season of Dr Who, the quality rarely drops and DT just looks like he's having such a good time.

My cousins little boy loves the show, he's always talking about having gas exchanges, and I believe he has a dalek wardrobe, no clothes are aloud in it. So it speaks to lots of generations and in different ways.

I think my favourite S2 episode was the one with Sarah Jane and K9. They should bring a newer version of K9 into it, he was great!

3. Elbystar

Elbystar Rookie

i've just been watching all my doctor who dvds again....i cry at the end of the last series, every time!
    my favourite episode of the new series would have to be tooth and claw...it was so good!

4. SciFiChick

SciFiChick Witness

The Girl In the Fireplace the latest Doctor Who ep to air in the US was great. I literally screamed when that android appeared from under the madame's bed. Dummies and face masks like that give me the willies. I have to say this version of the Doctor is surely getting alot of kissage so far this season. LOL! 5 stars for this ep.

5. Elbystar

Elbystar Rookie

hee hee i went and watched that ep again..better than i remembered it!

6. xforce11

xforce11 Police Officer

I loved GITF. It was a great EP!Sophia Myles is beautiful and did a great job in the part.

7. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

I really liked 'Madame de Pompadour' but I was thinking about at the end you saw the ship's name. Was thinking the doctor had a strong connection to her. And seem rather odd that even though she moved the fireplace that it would still work.

And wow a new companion I don't know if I can handle that. I wasn't really ready for the new doctor then I have to get used to a new character again. I don't know if I can do it.

8. SciFiChick

SciFiChick Witness

Cybermen return!!!!!! That was a great episode. I think this incarnation of cybermen really freak me out than the last ones I remember. Militant Ricky was very cool. Looking forward to part 2.

9. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Dr Who scores TV awards hat-trick!

Doctor Who has scooped three prizes at the National Television Awards in a repeat of its success last year.
    The BBC sci-fi drama won most popular drama, most popular actress for Billie Piper and most popular actor for David Tennant, who plays the Time Lord.

Top Gear, whose presenter Richard Hammond is recovering from an accident while filming, won the factual award.

Noel Edmonds' comeback Channel 4 show Deal Or No Deal was best daytime show, although the star could not attend.

The awards, voted for by the public, were presented at a ceremony at the Royal Albert Hall in London, hosted by Sir Trevor McDonald.

The Duke of Edinburgh sent a video message of congratulations to the veteran presenter, Sir David Attenborough who was given a lifetime achievement award. Terri Irwin, the wife of the late conservationist Steve presented him with the award.

Channel 4's Big Brother won the reality title for the third year running, beating Celebrity Big Brother, The Apprentice and I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!

Big Brother housemate Nikki Grahame won the new category of TV contender, beating the show's winner Pete Bennett.

'Huge success'

The hat-trick of awards for Doctor Who was a sign the show has lost none of its popularity with David Tennant taking over the lead role.

Tennant's predecessor, Christopher Eccleston, took the best actor award in 2005.

"I think if my eight-year-old self could see me at the Royal Albert Hall winning a prize for playing the doctor on telly, he would need a stiff shot of Irn-Bru," said Tennant after collecting his award from Dame Julie Andrews.

"I'm really chuffed," he added. "It's been really daunting to come into something that was such a huge success."

Jeremy Clarkson. who collected Top Gear's award, said it would cheer up his co-presenter Richard Hammond, who is recuperating after a high-speed crash in September.

"It will also cheer up the Top Gear team, who've had a pretty torrid time of it," he added.

The NTAs will be screened on ITV1 on 1 November.

Details taken from www.bbc.co.uk

10. CSILauren

CSILauren Hit and Run

it is true they did say something about CSI: Cardiff but i can't remember the exact line

11. Elbystar

Elbystar Rookie

12. CSILauren

CSILauren Hit and Run

rejoice

13. Astrid

Astrid Rookie

They said CSI Cardiff when discussing what Torchwood could be.
    Bet you it's DNA, it's all DNA now...CSI Cardiff! hahaha :)

Also Tennant was so so so sweet when collecting his award...drooled quite heavily at the screen!

14. talyra

talyra Hit and Run

^^ "CSI Cardiff... they'll be measuring the velocity of a kebab" or something :D

I thought "come on, Cardiff's not that bad..." Well, bits of it probably are but the city centre's not bad for a night out. I live near Newport, and compared to that on a Friday night Cardiff centre is a picture postcard of classy living :rolleyes:

Back on topic... Now that it's been repeated on "normal" TV, what did the Brits think of the last Torchwood? I thought the first two were a bit... well, the first one was very "let's introduce everyone and set the scene" which was fair enough, but the plot of the second was an excuse to get as much shagging into the show as possible, it felt like they were just trying to hammer home the point that Torchwood is not for kids. The latest one was really thoughtful and powerful though, with a really good concept behind it - admittedly, not the first time the "what-would-happen-if-we-could-see-the-future" thing has been done, but I thought it was well-done here. The guy who plays Owen really impressed me - he seemed like a bit of a joker but he really brought out the character's depths.

15. Nick_Wolfe_Danny

Nick_Wolfe_Danny Police Officer

I havent checked this show out yet.. is it good??