Doctor Who!

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Guest, Apr 15, 2006.

1. celsie

celsie Victim

he's just so... so... ummmm... *wipes drool* ... pretty? charming? adorable? hot?

i'd share the pic I've got on my compy right now, but the compy is at the 'doctor's office.' but it's one from the filming of 2.2 where's he's just reclining in a chair, converse up on the desk... just smiling, charming and adorable!

i'm hoping that CBC picks up Torchwood here, but I 'haven't heard anything yet. I do know that right now I'm relying on the compy to come home safely from his doctor's office just so I can find 'other ways' to catch Torchwood.

2. Lost2MuchSpeed

Lost2MuchSpeed Pathologist

ahh, in season 3 in the Uk, when it comes, i swear the new woman better be good.

Billie Piper was amazing as Rose and i'm not sure I can warm up to the new one - she just doesn't seem very Dr Who companion-like?

3. celsie

celsie Victim

that's funny. a friend and i were just talking about that today. the best we could figure was this: Rose was supposed to reflect the 'wide eyed awe' of being exposed to this whole world first time out. she was, for lack of a better phrase... a lover, not a hater.

we were on our lunch today at work, and looking at the pics on the Who website, and the new companion seems (by appearances at least) a little of a hard a**. maybe she's supposed to reflect the cynical, edgey skeptic in the crowd?

either way... it's going to be a shock to the system to see Not-Rose on screen with the Doctor. In fact, that's what we've been calling the new companion -> NotRose. (I actually feel kind of bad for the actress having to come in and take over after the huge base of fans that Billie Piper established. that won't be easy!)

4. SciFiChick

SciFiChick Witness

Thank you so much for the David Tennant in glasses. Takes me back to my XF Mulder days when he wore glasses. Swoon with a capital S. I'm so jealous of you Brits.. you are getting the third season and Torchwood. Haven't heard if Torchwood is going to broadcast here in the states. I know in November Season one of Doctor Who will be on BBC America(hooray I have Directv). So it will be cool to see S1 again.

5. Elbystar

Elbystar Rookie

*hops away inconspicuously*

6. xforce11

xforce11 Police Officer

Well I think we will be getting S3 of Doctor Who next fall. Hopefully they will give us Torchwood as well.

7. Maiel

Maiel Rookie

Dr Who is brilliant, I seem to be saying that alot, love it though. Was a bit worried when they said they were bringing it back but CE was so much fun as the Doctor, he actually looked like he was enjoying what he was doing. DT has been just as good if not better, and of course the fact he's a Paisley boy just adds to it.

As for Billie, I was convinved I wasn't gonna like her but I did, loads, its gonna be different seeing the show without her but the Doc does change company often, so we'll have to see.

8. Astrid

Astrid Rookie

Well Torchwood starts this Sunday in the UK. It's darker and more adult apparently. Was reading that Russell T thought of Torchwood before DR WHO revamp was even thought of. He was watching Buffy and Angel and thought 'why dont we(the UK) have shows like this. I just about screamed when I read this as HUGE Joss Whedon fan so if it's even the leastest bit like it I'll be happy. I'd imagine that it will go state side as they are putting lots of cash into it.
    Oh and heres another Dr pic to keep you guys going

[​IMG]

9. SciFiChick

SciFiChick Witness

Dreamy :big sigh: ...thanks Astrid..

10. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Hmm, given the content and some of the characters, it could be a hard sell Stateside. I'm not sure many of the networks would be able to deal with Captain Jack unleashed, heehee!

11. Astrid

Astrid Rookie

I'm hoping for you guys sake that isn't true!
    How can you NOT have this!
    [​IMG]
    Especially since he's gonna be darker and saucier!
    Prepare to swoon

12. celsie

celsie Victim

if that's Cap'n Jack unleashed... then SIGN ME UP!!!

:( I'm sad though. My happy little Mac that assists in my viewing pleasure is in the shop!! it'll be a few more days before I can rein me in a Ca'p'n Jack of my own!!

as for The Doctor? I don't know if I read somewhere, or just
    that Jack was going to re-appear for the 3rd season. I hope it wasn't a dream! i'd love to see jack and the doctor again! (esp. Tennant! *double swoon*)

13. Elbystar

Elbystar Rookie

apparantly in the first epidode they say 'CSI:cardiff' but im not sure if thats just a joke i heard

14. Astrid

Astrid Rookie

hahahha
    I hope they do. It definately sounds like RT's sense of humour!
    Cant wait! So excited...sad I know..I embrace my geekness.

15. pilgrim

pilgrim Rookie

USA here and I just wanted to say that the Madame de Pompadour one was fantastic. I think the quality of Doctor Who is wonderful with these new episodes - well, new for me, anyway.