Doctor Who!

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Guest, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Martha's going to appear on Torchwood Season 2 before heading back to Doctor Who, so the rumours say. She gets to spend time with both men - DT and JB. Lucky girl.

2. mugs

mugs Witness

i love dr who but i do not like catherine tate

3. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

I dislike Catherine Tate as well. But it will be interesting to have a companion who doesn't have a thing for the Doctor. These last three season, not including Mickey and Jackie, the only companion who didn't have a thing for him was Adam. Rose, Jack and Martha all did.

4. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

The SciFi Channel website reviews new Dr. Who action figures and gives them a A+.

5. Dynamo1

I've got it! I think I have finally got it. Now, please don't think I'm crazy, or if you do, tell it to me nicely. Last week, that big giant face told the Doctor that he is not the last survivor. I have figured it out. The other survivor is...

(DRUM ROLLLLLLLL!!!)

...Eric Speedle. He was never killed becuase he has TWO HEARTS. He is another Time Lord. His assistant, Alexx Woods, a REAL Doctor, has a device that looks like a thermometer but really isn't. She twisted the bottom of it and removed the bullet from Speed's heart. But now he can't come back looking like Rory Cochrane, so now he will be replaced by... Well, I haven't thought that one through yet. Might need help on that. Then Eric and Alexx travels around in a Tardis stuck in the shape of a Miami style beach cabana. What do you think?

6. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

^ Love that theory. :lol:

I've just finished watching season 2 of this show after a friend of mine sent me the US friendly dvds. Its super easy to see why it is so popular. I love it.

And David Tennant is none too shabby. ;)

Also, I've been watching the 3rd series play out on scifi. I'm one of those who aren't big fans of Martha Jones. Maybe my opinion will change as the series progresses but right now she just seems 1-dimensional. imoa.

7. Dynamo1

DON'T KILL THE MESSENGER

From TV Guide online:

Doctor Who Delay

Production on Season 5 of Doctor Who has been postponed until 2010, to accommodate David Tennant's stint in the Royal Shakespeare Company's Hamlet, says the U.K.'s Sun.

(Maybe, after he gets tired of the stage play, he can take the Tardis back to 2007 to start production of the next season.)

8. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

9. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Well, I always wondered about "Romana" from the old series. Shouldn't she be around somewhere? She was a Timelord and they didn't kill her off or anything...

10. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Doubtful. Unless she pulled the same trick as the Master, she would have died in the Time War. The Doctor would have sensed her if she was still alive, and given that he senses he is the last of the Time Lords then we can safely assume she died (same for Susan).

11. BabaOReilly

Ah. See, I'm not so familiar with the Timeline... I didn't realize she would have died in the Time War. I thought that would have taken place before all the doctors started on their travels, but I'm obviously uneducated on the subject.

12. _____Skylar

_____Skylar Lab Technician

I just got into Doctor Who recently. I love it. And I adore Martha! She's awesome. I hope she comes back.

I still haven't watched a bunch of season 1 & 2 episodes, though. For some reason I can't get into Rose.

13. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

I've only been studying the timeline for a month or so, so I'm still learning myself. The Time War actually takes place during the time of the Eight Doctor (Paul McGann), and it is believe that the War is what caused his regeneration into the Ninth Doctor (Christoper Eccleston).

In fact, some believe this occured not long before the Doctor met Rose, although I'm more inclined to think their meeting was at the least a month after his regeneration to give him time to do all the things in the photos in "Rose" - see JFK assassinated, stop a family from boarding the Titanic, etc.

How about Jack? Last five episodes of Season 1 and last three of Season 3? Did you like him? I adored him in Doctor Who (still do).

And word is Martha will be back at some point in Season 4 - she'll also spend some time on Torchwood. So yes, she's coming back. Not sure for how long or the circumstances, but we will be seeing her again.

14. BabaOReilly

Yeah, I liked Jack a lot- it would be nice to see him pop up again.

I started watching the new series in season 1,(was a big fan of the old series- loved Tom Baker) so I was sorry to see Rose go, but I've been loving Martha and am dismayed to hear she's leaving? Bummer. But I'm sure I'll like the next one as well, if the past is anything to go on. :)

I also loved Christopher E and was bummed when he switched, but I'm also loving David Tennant. I hope he sticks around for a long time.

Thanks for the info Clarrisani. Very helpful! :)

15. _____Skylar

_____Skylar Lab Technician

I liked Jack a lot. He's funny and gorgeous to boot. I'm still kinda confused about the whole thing, though. I mean, who is he? Why can't he die? And what is Torchwood? I mean, I know it's a TV series, but what's it about and how is it related to Doctor Who?

Martha's coming back, that's what I've heard everywhere. Hopefully she'll come back and stay on the show for a long time. I adore her and her competency!