Doctor Who!

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Guest, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

What was "Torchwood" all about? Was it mentioned in the last series, I thought it was but my Dad doesn't think so. Please explain it to me someone, thanks. :)

2. Soupdragon

Soupdragon Victim

Torchwood = Anagram of Doctor Who :D

Was first mentiooned in 'Bad Wolf' and then in Xmas Invasion. 'Torchwood' itself will be a tv drama series with the divinely gorgeous Captain Jack as the lead character.Taken from BBC site:

Torchwood will be a dark, clever, wild, sexy, British crime/sci-fi paranoid thriller cop show with a sense of humour - the X Files meets This Life," says Russell T Davies.

"It's a renegade bunch of investigators charged by the British government to find alien technology that has fallen to Earth," BBC Three controller Stuart Murphy told The Independent.

The show will be set in Cardiff, and will be 13 45-minute episodes, transmitting between series of Doctor Who. Confirmed writers include Sapphire and Steel creator PJ Hammond.

BBC1 October. Was going to be BBC3 but changed to BBC1

:D All those weeks of Capt Jack......... :devil: :devil: :devil:

3. Guest

Guest Guest

thanks loads. :). Very clever anagram, i hadn't worked that out. This new show sounds good i like Captain Jack.

I'm glad torchwood was mentioned in previous episodes cos if it wasn't i would think i was going loopy or something. I was sure that i'd heard it before.

4. pilgrim

pilgrim Rookie

This thread and seeing Eccleston in "Elizabeth" made me start watching Doctor Who and it's great. Thanks. Hope you export Torchwood.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

New Doctor Who tonight followed by CSI New York, I love Saturday nights! :D

6. CHILI_PEPPERS

CHILI_PEPPERS Pathologist

yeh great tonights episode was great i love little k9!!

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I thought last nights episode was really sweet with the Doctor and Sarah Jane. It was funny how much Rose felt left out when she was around, until they became friends.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Oh my gosh, it was sooooooo funny last night!! I loved when Rose and Sarah Jane were fighting about what they'd seen, and Sarah Jane said the loch ness monster and Rose was like "Seriously?!"

And ALARMINGLY cheesy lines about being together for a lifetime. I applauded the cheesiness!! WAs fabulous!!

And yeah, still totally in love with David Tennant...

9. xforce11

xforce11 Police Officer

I hope Scifi will pick up Torchwood like it did with Doctor Who

10. MissCam

MissCam Dead on Arrival

I adore Doctor Who. And yeah, when I first started watching Christoper Eccleston's run, I figured I'd never like the new Doctor as much... And of course, now I do. David Tennant was just fabelous in "School Reunion".

11. Guest

Guest Guest

ummm ok

12. luv_danny

luv_danny Prime Suspect

OMG I love the new Doctot Who. David Tennant is so cool. I have a huge crush on him. I hope he's the Doctor for a long time. He's not as good as Chris Eccleston who had the charm and charisma. Good luck David. I loved the episode with Sarah Jane Smith and K9. Long live David Tennat as the Doctor.

--------------------------------

"It is those who have faith who are the children of Abraham." Galatians 3-7.

13. faith666

faith666 Police Officer

I loved Saturdays episode of Doctor Who, with Sophia Myles. It was so sad when he went back to get her and she'd just died. And he comments about him being lonely kind of fit with the episode before where he said to Rose that she can spend the rest of her life with him but he can't spend his with her. They were just really lovely moments.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

ooh yes it was a good fit with last week when the Doctor was talking about being lonely. My friend told me today that Sophia Myles is David Tennants girlfriend and that they started dating when filming Saturdays episode.

15. luv_danny

luv_danny Prime Suspect

Yea that's true. I think they make a lovely couple but it's so sad that David Tennant's not single. Baa humbug!!!
    Can't wait for this Sat's episode the return of the Cybermen. It's gonna be scary!! Not as scary as the last episode of Series 1 with the millions of Daleks!!! :eek:

----------------------------

"What we gain by science is, after all, sadness." Thomas Hardy.