do you prefer greg as a lab technician or a CSI?

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by cll424, Aug 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

im torn. i really dont know. hes my favourite character, but i miss him being funny and flirting with Sara. :( but when hes a CSI he looks sexy in the CSI uniform :devil: andd he gets more screentime...(well in season 7 hopefully :rolleyes:)

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Prefer Greg in the lab. No specific reason....he just seems more confident and comfortable there.

3. Roosey

Roosey Captain

I loved him in the lab. :) He was so funny back then.. the good ol' times..

4. GGgirl1

GGgirl1 Pathologist

I liked Greg as a lab rat, and I like him also as a CSI.

As a lab rat, he was very smart, charming and very funny. He was also very young.

As a CSI, Greg is maturing. He’s still very smart and charming, but his funny side has been hidden under the bushes. He took a decision to get out of a job he liked but felt was restraining him, and he followed on this decision. It took a lot of determination on his part to do that. He didn’t even allow a paycut to alter his decision, he took it in stride.

As a CSI, he’s still trying to show his funny side, sometimes very successfully, as in Rashomama (very romantic there, the ladies should like that!), and sometimes not. I’m glad he was only with the two policemen when he tried the joke about odor eaters in Bite Me; that would have attracted a frown, not only from Grissom but also from any other CSI who would have heard him. It was not the time nor the place, and I believe he learned his lesson.

As a CSI, he has to prove himself fit for the job and be serious. Only time will tell if he succeeds, but I have a feeling he will. After all, he’s a very smart guy! Then, when he’ll feel more secure in the job, his funny side should reappear in all its splendor and we will see the well-rounded man he will have become. In the meantime, I’ll settle for a one-liner here and there... :)

5. oceanbirch

oceanbirch CSI Level Two

I liked Greg much better in the lab.

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Both- hes was zany and wacky in the lab- and cracked everyone up- but he's so persistent and great out in the field , although a bit more serious- I love the camraderie between him and Grissom- hiliarious, their so completely different, Greg always trying to please and impress Grissom, and Grissom kinda of annoyed but deep down I think really likes him- just watched "Bang Bang" and when he was talking about 'hanging out with Brass', that famous Grissom expression and, "we don't hang out" and Greg's silly comments- their a riot together-at first I didn't at all want him out of the lab, but as times gone by- I'm now used to him out in the field with the rest of them ;)here's a cute pic. of them off the clock- at a sit down dinner he's chatting, (it look's like, with WP's wife Gina) so cool that they do "hang out"

DINNER

7. GrissomFREAK

GrissomFREAK CSI Level Two

The old Greg was funnier IMO :p Kinda miss him.
    But that doesn't mean I 'hate' the new Greg. He's just more mature, more 'pro', more adult, which is not a bad thing ;)

8. Sillie

Sillie Pathologist

Ugh.. I'm actually start to get a bit irritated everytime people say 'Oh, I miss old Greg 'cause he was so funny in the lab.'

Yeah, he might have been funny, but a lot of the time he wasn't taken seriously. Besides, he wasn't happy anymore in the lab. Like I said before, he was going stir crazy, he needed room to expand. He obviously loves being a CSI, loves to learn. He's still funny and zany, he's still searching for balance.

Sorry if I sound a bit bitchy, it's not my intention. I just *heart* Greg like woah, and feel the irrational need to stand up for him once in a while. :'3

9. Danique

Danique Rookie

well..I agree with you sillie but I liked him more in the lab cause it was "his territory"
    but now he's more serious what I also like..so I'm in the middle..

10. cindy

cindy Hit and Run

I like greg wether he's a lab technician or a csi.I don't think he has changed,he's just growing up!

11. Guest

Guest Guest

definetly a CSI, then i can see him more :D

12. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

Alot of you are saying he gets more screentime now he's a CSI. How'd you come to that conclusion? I think we see less of him now, and when we do it's strictly to do with the case and never anything that delves into his background, feelings or emotions. I think the reason for that is that there are almost too many established characters now in the shows. Think about it we have to get around 6 CSI's, 2 Detectives, 1 Coroner, 1 Coroners Assistant, and about 3/4 Lab Techs each with different personalities, and they somehow have to include them all. Obviously them some people are going to get lost in the fold. I felt that's what happened to Greg recently. I thought him becoming a CSI was an interesting and necessary move for the show. It's nice to see a CSI work their way up from the beginning, but once Greg was in the field, they didn't really do much with him. Because of this I prefer him as a lab tech.

I hope we get to see more of Greg next season, it's about time he had a decent storyline, or at least an episode largely for his characters. Brass got one, so did Cath, even Sofia in 'A Bullet Runs Through It'. I think almost everybody but him has had an episode for themselves, it's Greggo's turn Season 7.

13. FallenforGrissom

FallenforGrissom Police Officer

Well, i like how Greg's character evolves now that he's out in the field (particularly S5, not so much S6), we see more aspects of his personality, while back in the lab we only saw his funny side...I can't say i don't miss the hilarious cues they exchanged with Grissom and Nick, but i really enjoy watching him being an equal CSI team member.

Besides, i also embrace the idea of bringing new people to the show, and Mia is really sweet and great for the part of the lab tech. :)

14. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

I've gotta say, I agree with you. At the moment I've been re-watching seasons 1 and 2 and I've really enjoyed watching Greg again. Season 6 really hasn't had much of Greg in, and when he has appeared it's been briefly. I miss seeing him on the screen and I miss his humor. :(

15. maricejayo

maricejayo Witness

I don`t know.

But if I had to choose I choose Technician
    He was cooler and funnier

And I will always see him as the lab cool guy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.