do you prefer greg as a lab technician or a CSI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love him in the field. To me...having the character of Greg realize on his own that his current old job in the lab was not fulfilling him and take the scary and risky step of down a new career path shows GREAT courage and integrity for that character.

Greg could have remained, forever, in the safety job of DNA king, but chose to go with something that challenged him more. That by itself endears me to Greg.

Also, I am tired of reading that Greg was funnier back in the lab. Yes, playing the role of comic relief will get you funnier lines, but it's also very limiting, both for the actor and the character. I also think the writers have done a great job with keeping elements of Greg's comic side around (how can anyone think after watching Iced that the old Greg is gone forever? No other character could have said explosive diarrhea and make Sara Sidle laugh.) Kudos to everyone who was behind moving him out to the field. I think the field sorely needed him.

agrees with Tripp

I also think it's not only good for the actor and character, but for the show. I mean, everyone else is already at CSI Level 3 at least and has the expereince in the field, it's more fun to see someone learning the job. It also helps keep the show fresh.

I love Greg as a lab technician, because he's himself in the lab. When he's a CSI, it just seems to me that he tries too hard, and all. Not that I'm oppsed to his character development, which I'm definitely not, but I just love him as "Greg the labrat". But oh, well. It's not like they'd demote him back to lab technician.

It's not like they'd demote him back to lab technician.

I thought lab techs made more money than CSIs? I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Greg was willing to take a pay cut to get out in the field.

And I'm sorry if people are offended by the statement that Greg was funnier in the lab, but the fact is he was funnier in the lab. There was more room for him to express his individuality there, and his free-spirit personality is more suited to the lab environment.

In the field, he just competes with Nick and Warrick and the others for their already limited screen time. It's the same complaint as with Sofia. It's too crowded for one (or two) more.

It's not like they'd demote him back to lab technician.

I thought lab techs made more money than CSIs? I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Greg was willing to take a pay cut to get out in the field.

And I'm sorry if people are offended by the statement that Greg was funnier in the lab, but the fact is he was funnier in the lab. There was more room for him to express his individuality there, and his free-spirit personality is more suited to the lab environment.

In the field, he just competes with Nick and Warrick and the others for their already limited screen time. It's the same complaint as with Sofia. It's too crowded for one (or two) more.

See, I disagree there. I frankly want to see more of Greg and keeping him in the lab restricts that time. Also, it seems to me the lab environment stifles Greg's "free-spirit personality", basically making him stir crazy. Being a CSI helps him expand and really show he is more than just a one dimensional character, ie, lab rat.

I like funny and crazy Greg too. I think you definately see those traits in him when he is a CSI (exploding a toilet? Hello?) But I would never want him to go back to the lab...now that I have gotten to see the more realistic version of Greg Sanders, I could never go back to just "laugh a minute" Greg.

I love the lab rat Greg.

i agree with this but i think that he should be a lab rat and an emergency field agent that way he will still be the same greg but his character will grow and eventually in time we willgrow to like him as a field agent better then a lab rat then he should be a full field agent. :p

I love him either way. He's more mature now though and I like that, he's showing a lot more emotion than just zaniness. I don't agree that he's not as funny now because I believe he still is.
Bottom line: I love Greg no matter what!! I just want him (and Eric Szmanda) to be happy in his work :D

Yes I saw that, Grissom said to Greg something like it`s a pay cut' and he didn`t care, I can`t remember what ep it was thou.

I found him very entertaining as a lab rat, tho if I had to work with someone like that i'd likely kill then, but it's good to see his character allowed to grow up and develop. Helps keep the show interesting.

I think its pretty interesting to see him evolving in the show, but I have to admit I loved him as the lab guy...Sometimes I miss him, but the new people around are quite cool too, so its fine ;)

And when you see Who shot Sherlock, eh, that was fun!!!

i like Greg a lot better in the lab. he seemd more laid back and relaxed and like almost everyone on this board has said he was funnier. Greg seems darker and not himself in the field. the only thing i like aboit Greg being field is that he;s gotten closer to Sara and made her open up a little more.

We know the old goofy Greg can be very entertaining sometimes but for all those years he’s been trying so hard to prove himself not only to Grissom but the whole crime lab that he can be a capable CSI as well, and we were just like ‘Hey, forget about the efforts, I‘d rather have him back in the lab BECAUSE HE’S FUNNIER THAT WAY’? I dunno, just sounds a little unfair to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back