Debate/Dislike a Ship Thread -- CSI:NY

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by lament, Aug 28, 2006.

1. LyzabethSay

LyzabethSay Prime Suspect

Re: The Great Ship Debate--CSI: NY

Quick question - who was not a DL shipper at the start?

I was and I mean I REALLY was. I thought they were the bestest, cutest couple ever... Why do I feel I regret that now? I dunno, I just think they have lost their whole chemistry and feel. But I admit there was something there at the beginning… It’s interesting to actually think they’ve lasted this long.

From the very start, possibly before my obsession with DL, and actually still up until now I think that Mac and Stella would make a perfect ship. They so cool together and they bounce off each other and just have great on screen relations. But still, I don’t think it would work only because of the such deep friendship. Sad that.

There was an inkling of Flack/Lindsay during the Silicone Doll episode [which I'll never forget]but I never felt like dabbling into that. Dark waters.

As for Flack/ Angell – I am [going to regret saying this] possibly one of their biggest shippers. From the start they always had cute bantering and always gave each other looks. XP Actually, thinking about it – I don’t know WHY I ship them… I just do. I think their cute together. Think that have lots of potential. But I just always can not wait for their next episode together and get quite upset when they are in a episode together but have no interaction.

Anyone else feel that?

2. LyzabethSay

LyzabethSay Prime Suspect

Believe it or not I actually really liked her character - expecially with Adam. They looked so cute, like an odd couple which just worked. I was actually disapointed not to see her in Season 5. Aw, I wish she'd have come back.

3. Sam-Maddy

Sam-Maddy Rookie

I'm a huge Flack/Angell shipper. I have a hard time picturing either of them w/anyone else. I was a fan of Emmanuelle before I started watching NY. She's what got me tune in in the first place and I have loved watching her relationship with Flack evolve from partners who flirt to partners who have a relationship.

4. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

I do like Kendall, but... I just never saw them really click as a couple. More as a brother and sister, or best friends, but not as lovers.

I'm really starting to like Don/Adam too! It stemmed from Don admitting that he'd been in Adam's apartment in the last episode. ;)

I'm such a sucker for rare slash pairings... :D

5. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

^Don/Adam...um no. I cannot see them together at all. When it comes to slashing Don, I have to slash him with Danny. I've slashed Don with Mac a few times but he's best paired with Danny. Those two were just made for each other.

Adam/Sheldon - I definitely think they have potential. Plus, Sheldon needs some lovin'.

Adam/Mac - Adam has such a HUGE crush on Mac. I love how he rambles anytime he's talking to Mac.

Lindsay/anybody - I do not like her character, never did. I wish she'd just stay in Montana. She's totally bringing Danny down. I could almost see a thing between Lindsay and Mac in Season 2 but now she's just annoying with all her long-ass explanations.

Mac/Stella - I do not like the thought of these two together. They're great friends and have been for years. No sense in ruining that. Plus, I hate when shows pair the two leads up. Bring back her fireman boyfriend if she must have a man. I'm all for Mac hooking up with somebody else also. Maybe Gillian or the new deputy inspector.

6. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

^ Haha yeah, Don and Danny is my favorite one... not fond of Don/Mac, but I can see how the pairing came about. :) I definitely agree with you on your opinion of Lindsay/anyone else, and while I somewhat agree about Mac/Stella... I highly doubt that TPTB will see it that way. You know how they are. :rolleyes:

7. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

I think Mac and Stella have real chemistry so that makes them more credibly than other people. Besides i think producers have learnt what they must and they musn't to do about a relationship and especially being them the leaders. Plus Gary and Melina are great friends so any scene with more "personal stuff" between Mac and Stella will make it more interesting, no less

8. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

I personally don't think they've learned... I don't see the whole Danny/Lindsay relationship improving. :D

9. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

But still they did a great job with Angell and Don and they would do it if they decide to pair Mac and Stella together at some point :D

And i hope DL has a salvation :rolleyes:

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  10. electra

electra Pathologist

There is no salvation for D/L IMO.The only good thing is that on CSI New york ,the main characters are still Mac and Stella so sometimes is easy to forget that Lindsay is there.But if the writers screw a relationship between the main chracters ,that could be worse then D/L if that is posible.But on the other part ,there is at least chemistry between Mac and Stella.

And same with Flack and Angell becouse she is a recurring character.

11. Meatball42

Meatball42 Police Officer

Mac/Stella seems to me the type of relationship that may just naturally develop into a romance. They seem to be similar types of people, with similar interests, priorities and morals. However, I think any romantic relationship they might have would be shredded by the same cheesy, cringe-worthy writing that bungled the Danny/Lindsay relationship. D/L was originally well-written, and had lots of promise and a bright future before the Ruben storyline was blown out of proportion. I love the Flack/Angell ship, but I believe it is destined to fail by the finale ;). I say that because I'm too lazy to insert a spoiler, and I think anyone reading this will catch my drift.

12. CSIChick

CSIChick Dead on Arrival

Danny and Lindsay rock together!
    Check out Snow day (Season 3) and Great Good (Season 5)
    Amazing Messer & Montana Moments!!!
    I know some people don't like them together bt they just seem to click, in the first episode that they were in together I just thought "Awwww"

Mainly because I knowt eh yget together in Season 3/4/5 but all the same... D&L 4 EVER!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
  13. CSIChick

CSIChick Dead on Arrival

I love this pairing, I don't know why people are dissing the D&L shipping thing... they rock together, they are like the perfect couple in many ways, Danny helps Lindsay ahve funny and Lindsay keeps Danny more... grown up! :) D&L 4 EVER!

14. lowey

lowey Hit and Run

Well, my favourite CSI NY ship was Flack/Angell. (or Danny/Flack, but there's a specific thread for that:lol:) I was so annoyed that they broke up F/A, :( IMO they had so much chemistry and the screen sizzled!! I am NOT a D/L fan, I mean at the start I was cause it was fun, and then Lindsay started standing Danny up (Love Run Cold) and giving no reason, and I think Danny makes all the effort, and it seems to me that Lindsay doesn't care? Just my opinion.

I just wish the show had ran with Flack/Angell and not Danny/Lindsay. But hey, what I can I do?? :scream:

Mac/Stella? I like them fine as just friends, 'cause I think they work soooo well together and I'd like to leave it at that. :)

15. Meatball42

Meatball42 Police Officer

I agree, I think the chemistry they had has died down a bit, making it slightly soapy. But maybe this will help a bit...
    According to various spoilers Danny was shot in the drive-by and is now confined to a wheelchair. This is gonna make it tough to get up in the middle of the night to calm down Lucy, huh? Mucho problemas ahead for D/L!